• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

Yes, especially when he was motion sick, can’t use his powers properly.
If I'm not mistaken, motion sickness gets worse for dragon slayers when they get stronger because they're becoming more like dragons and their bodies can't handle it or something like that. Acnologia wasn't only the strongest dragon at that point, he had also just gotten a massive power up that was already difficult for him to control, and the whole continent (which is gigantic compared to real life ones) came together to restrain him. He got insanely nerfed, then Natsu got an insane power up to top it off.

If Mavis could use the beat up FT guild in Tenro to no sell Acno's roar, imagine what a much stronger guild + the entire continent of Ishgar + some of Alvarez can amount to. You can even argue that Meredy's magic amplified Fairy Sphere.

Acno's defeat, while anticlimactic, is a lot more believable when you look at all the factors.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, motion sickness gets worse for dragon slayers when they get stronger because they're becoming more like dragons and their bodies can't handle it or something like that. Acnologia wasn't only the strongest dragon at that point, he had also just gotten a massive power up that was already difficult for him to control, and the whole continent (which is gigantic compared to real life ones) came together to restrain him. He got insanely nerfed, then Natsu got an insane power up to top it off.

If Mavis could use the beat up FT guild in Tenro to no sell Acno's roar, imagine what a much stronger guild + the entire continent of Ishgar + some of Alvarez can amount to. You can even argue that Meredy's magic amplified Fairy Heart

Acno's defeat, while anticlimactic, is a lot more believable when you look at all the factors.
Not sure about that MS getting worse overtime thing, we also have to remember that Acno’s roar was not even at his best as he was not going all out back then.

At this point, it's just getting really frustrating and annoying, I want this arc to be over already so we can move on to better things
I feel sort of the same way if not worse. This arc was pretty much just Selene choosing to waste time by pitting the DEs and FTs against each other only to get interrupted and lose to a bunch of guys with fights that are honestly lackluster. Selene vs Ignia is the worst one of all IMO.

I'm still wondering to this moment what the point of this arc even was. Nobody is actually learning anything new or important to themselves. We get new characters that pop up and get the hammer right away. We don't know anything about Ignia's plans or motivations—we probably will in the future but the amount of stalling this arc engaged in was unnerving—and we have no clue how it really affects Dogramag or the other DGs. It could just be me losing my patience with Mashima's writing but I honestly feel this arc was just a waste.

Not sure about that MS getting worse overtime thing, we also have to remember that Acno’s roar was not even at his best as he was not going all out back then.
That is true, but even then its impressive how strong of a spell it was despite how weak + weakened the guild was.

I feel sort of the same way if not worse. This arc was pretty much just Selene choosing to waste time by pitting the DEs and FTs against each other only to get interrupted and lose to a bunch of guys with fights that are honestly lackluster. Selene vs Ignia is the worst one of all IMO.

I'm still wondering to this moment what the point of this arc even was. Nobody is actually learning anything new or important to themselves. We get new characters that pop up and get the hammer right away. We don't know anything about Ignia's plans or motivations—we probably will in the future but the amount of stalling this arc engaged in was unnerving—and we have no clue how it really affects Dogramag or the other DGs. It could just be me losing my patience with Mashima's writing but I honestly feel this arc was just a waste.
The entire conflict with the dragon eaters has been just that since the beginning of the series. A waste of time. From the beginning they didn't have any reason to fight FT. They came to slay Mercphobia and could have easily just left once they found out he had lost his power. Instead they started a fight with the FT members there because they were jerks. Same with the Aldoron arc. They were there to get his power and at the time they thought that destroying the orbs was the way to do it. Instead of Skullion and Madmole going after the orbs, they decide to randomly waste time fighting Mira and Elfman who they didn't even know. Why? Cause they're jerks. Same with Elentear. Suzaku originally said that he would only attack FT if they tried to get in his way of beating Selene. Instead he instantly tries to kill them once he finds out who they are (over a fight his guildmates started). Why? cause he's a jerk. And this arc is the culmination of the flimsy conflict Diabolos had with FT as Selene literally had to fabricate a game to have them fight cause otherwise they don't really have a reason to go at it since they have a common enemy in the DGs.

Diabolos was never an overtly evil organization. Most of the encounters with them boils down to "you're here, I'm here, let's fight". This arc just accentuates that since they've been the focus for most of it. It'll probably get better now that they're all down.

The entire conflict with the dragon eaters has been just that since the beginning of the series. A waste of time. From the beginning they didn't have any reason to fight FT. They came to slay Mercphobia and could have easily just left once they found out he had lost his power. Instead they started a fight with the FT members there because they were jerks. Same with the Aldoron arc. They were there to get his power and at the time they thought that destroying the orbs was the way to do it. Instead of Skullion and Madmole going after the orbs, they decide to randomly waste time fighting Mira and Elfman who they didn't even know. Why? Cause they're jerks. Same with Elentear. Suzaku originally said that he would only attack FT if they tried to get in his way of beating Selene. Instead he instantly tries to kill them once he finds out who they are (over a fight his guildmates started). Why? cause he's a jerk. And this arc is the culmination of the flimsy conflict Diabolos had with FT as Selene literally had to fabricate a game to have them fight cause otherwise they don't really have a reason to go at it since they have a common enemy in the DGs.

Diabolos was never an overtly evil organization. Most of the encounters with them boils down to "you're here, I'm here, let's fight". This arc just accentuates that since they've been the focus for most of it. It'll probably get better now that they're all down.
I mean to be fair, Hiro couldn't just have the Dragon Gods as foes, he needed henchmen and smaller opponents to fight

So Diabolos are just a bunch of assholes, the same way Phantom Lord and Sabertooth were

Diabolos is just a rival Guild who wanna crush anyone in their way. Fairy Tail stood up to them and competed with them, so they go out of their way to attack them and crush them. It's extremely petty and annoying yeah, but that's what Phantom Lord and Sabertooth were like, so yeah.

Diabolos is full of arrogant, power hungry, and fight loving people

Diabolos is just a rival Guild who wanna crush anyone in their way. Fairy Tail stood up to them and competed with them, so they go out of their way to attack them and crush them. It's extremely petty and annoying yeah, but that's what Phantom Lord and Sabertooth were like, so yeah.

Diabolos is full of arrogant, power hungry, and fight loving people
When you put it like that yeah I guess they are similar, only their petty rivalry has lasted multiple arcs.

There's only one way to avoid Juvia getting angry...

Gray needs to have a threesome with both of them.

It's the only way.

Just stop
Why Are You Booing Me? I'm Right | Know Your Meme

A threesome but the guy hasn't even gotten the nookie with Juvia yet.

Yeah right, he doesn't have the sauce to attract a dragon MILF. Gray is dry af, and gets no bitches (Juvia doesn't count.)

No drip, no sauce, no bitches. Gray will remain fodder.

Gajeel is the Gigachad out of the group.

By gifted I mean in the endowed department, people!

I'm pretty sure all male Dragon Slayers be srsly packin'.

Lowkey hope we get to see Elefseria fight or something

All we know is that he barely beat Dog before he even reached DG level and his magic is basically incredible knowledge of things. As things stand now, he's fodder compared to even Human DGs for now.

Lowkey hope we get to see Elefseria fight or something

All we know is that he barely beat Dog before he even reached DG level and his magic is basically incredible knowledge of things. As things stand now, he's fodder compared to even Human DGs for now.
Taking what we know then and now, he was likely in human form against dragon form Dog.

He was already a DG before his death, he was still just the weakest but still considered a threat.
No he wasn't near their level as stated by Elf, he was weak compared to them before his sleep.

And considering we have nothing else to go by, he's basically unknown for now

No he wasn't near their level as stated by Elf, he was weak compared to them before his sleep.

And considering we have nothing else to go by, he's basically unknown for now
Elf still called Him a relative threat in comparison to be considered a Dragon God before he died, that is why there were originally 6.

did not say other dragons, says number of dragons, he was still a threat that he is a Dragon God among the the five while only being the weakest.
Yes he's stronger than most regular dragons and weak compared to the other DG. That in itself says he wasn't even near DG level before his sleep plus the fact he only reaches comparable lvls to the DG during his sleep.

This is stated in the manga, idk why your trying to debate this.

Yes he's stronger than most regular dragons and weak compared to the other DG. That in itself says he wasn't even near DG level before his sleep plus the fact he only reaches comparable lvls to the DG during his sleep.

This is stated in the manga, idk why your trying to debate this.
He was already at the level to be considered a DG though, just not that strong in comparison, we know that during his death that his magic overflowed from him of a level worthy of a title that he already has, it is common that magic radiates from a body even after death, his true power Is just “creating” a labyrinth, even after waking up his power is not at full strength yet. Even Selene said he is renowned as a god as in his original strength was what made him worthy of it.

Back