• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

This is something that happens with Plot armour (because there was no reason for Zeref not to pass through that door, and if he had passed through it, it would have completely ruined this friendship series) anyway, it is completely absurd that Zeref does not pass through that door, or as I said, it is completely illogical that he wants to clash forces without using an attack.

Zeref had already solved things with Natsu, and it is nonsense to continue this situation again after killing him or killing him in the war in the guild.

There are 2 answers to this, zeref lost on purpose or mashima not wanting to break the friendship series
"Zeref had already solved things with Natsu." No he didn't, because Natsu got back up thanks to Lucy. But regardless, he most certainly wasn't trying to die, as he'd already given up on that

LOL NOBODY DOESN'T EVEN DENY THAT IT IS INFINITE. I'm saying that just because it has infinite magic doesn't mean that it will produce infinite magic output/production in one go.
If you accept that it is infinite, you will simply accept that it has output, even the minimal use of the power of someone with infinite magic power is infinite, and on top of that, we have something that automatically has 100% output when starting the battle, what are you denying?
image.png

It's an infinite source of magic, which just means there's an infinite pool to pull from, not that anyone's actually outputting an infinite amount (such as the example Mavis gave of Etherion being able to be fired an infinite number of times, with Etherion being a High 6-A weapon)

"Zeref had already solved things with Natsu." No he didn't, because Natsu got back up thanks to Lucy. But regardless, he most certainly wasn't trying to die, as he'd already given up on that
I think you know, but if I have to say it again, I think it shouldn't be difficult to understand that Zeref is the one who created Natsu and because of him, he was caught in this curse, anksheram, and even the reason why Zeref is a bad character is because Natsu did everything for him.

Which zeref does not necessarily have a purpose to do this, he had already shown his superiority in this war event in the guild, the most logical decision would be to pass through the door.

If you accept that it is infinite, you will simply accept that it has output, even the minimal use of the power of someone with infinite magic power is infinite, and on top of that, we have something that automatically has 100% output when starting the battle, what are you denying?
Why don't you stop bringing up the argument I responded to a few minutes ago?

It's an infinite source of magic, which just means there's an infinite pool to pull from, not that anyone's actually outputting an infinite amount
If you draw even a little bit from this pool, it will be infinite. That's what I mean.

In short, simple logic Any amount of infinite power is also infinite power

It is illogical to attribute Acnologia's power solely to the fact that magic does not work on it. You have to take into account that Elefseria is also talking about 'power' in general when he says this statement.
That’s not what I’m doing.

Selene is as strong as Acnologia stat wise, stats aren’t the reason Acnologia stomps Zeref, it’s because he’s literally immune to every ability he has.
What you say is not true. Ignia, for example, can burn other magic with his flames, just like his father and Atlas Flame.
My first post on the topic said that Ignia was the only dragon god I assumed could beat him because of that.
Answer, imo they don’t, besides maybe Ignia.
Also, given that Aldoron has a vegetal form, it is normal for him to be affected by Anksehram. Selene being affected by Irene's Enchantment doesn't mean much. As you say, in human form she was weak, unprepared and unexpected.
Except Anhkersam doesn’t have some buff against plant life and Aldoron’s plants are already resist to things normal plant weaknesses like fire, this is absolutely proof Zeref magic works on him.

Magic resistance isn’t something that comes and goes based on being prepared or not, this is absolutely an example that enchantment works on her, besides we have on screen proof that Zeref’s enchantment can ignore baseline dragon resistance which is the only resistance Selene and the other dragon gods have.
The fact that they did not encounter such a Natsu does not make Zeref superior. Dragon Gods also grow stronger as their emotions increase. So you think if they get emotional like Natsu, they will defeat Zeref? I don't think it's necessary to attribute this whole fight to emotions because that's just theorizing.
Im not the biggest fan on how you misunderstand literally everything I wrote.

I didn’t claim it made Zeref superior I claimed that we can’t act like Zeref lost to a weaker version of Natsu than the one Acnologia or the dragon gods fought because he’s literally went through an unquantified boost an power from the result of guild emotion channeling and charging his blows from literally setting his own soul on fire, you are the one whose theorizing that they could do the same, all I did was just state that in canon he lost to a form of Natsu that no other character has any sound scaling above besides Ravine Acnologia via Mashima’s statement, and the dragon gods don’t scale to Ravine Acnologia.

I think you know, but if I have to say it again, I think it shouldn't be difficult to understand that Zeref is the one who created Natsu and because of him, he was caught in this curse, anksheram, and even the reason why Zeref is a bad character is because Natsu did everything for him.

Which zeref does not necessarily have a purpose to do this, he had already shown his superiority in this war event in the guild, the most logical decision would be to pass through the door.
Okay, and? The fact of the matter is that his intention is not to die, but to defeat Natsu and then pass through the door. To assert that he's holding back and that he's trying to die is literally pushing your own personal beliefs over the very story itself.
If you draw even a little bit from this pool, it will be infinite. That's what I mean.

In short, simple logic Any amount of infinite power is also infinite power
Not how it gets treated in fiction, usually. Plus, that isn't the case if you pull an infinitely small amount (as infinity / infinity results in a finite number). You'd need to prove he's actually putting out that infinite level of magic all at once.

At least I can rest easy knowing none of this stuff will be accepted

Shit wtf are u talking about right now 😭😭

The main point here is that Mavis has a magic power that can fire etherion forever, which can destroy a country when she talks about fairy hearth, and when she talks about etherion, she uses the expression that is powerful enough to destroy a country, and you suggest that you can use this infinite magic power as AP in one go, this completely contradicts what Mavis said, because as I said, the infinite magic power here is not that it can release it in one go, but that it can release AP of a certain power forever.
Isn't this a contradiction? Mavis says that only Fairy Heart is powerful enough to destroy Etherion. Just before this, he says that the Fairy Heart has infinite magic power. and then gives the example of eterion to refer to its power

Wait...saying it "holds" the spell isn't precise enough. This shows that it has a limit. Mavis already says that the word "enough" would be wrong here, and then immediately points out that this (the fairy heart) is infinite.

Last edited:

Selene is as strong as Acnologia stat wise, stats aren’t the reason Acnologia stomps Zeref, it’s because he’s literally immune to every ability he has.
I said that's not the only reason and Selene = Pre-SBT is Acnologia.
My first post on the topic said that Ignia was the only dragon god I assumed could beat him because of that.
I did not see your first message on the subject, and it is natural for me to say that since you did not mention it in the message I replied to you.
Except Anhkersam doesn’t have some buff against plant life and Aldoron’s plants are already resist to things normal plant weaknesses like fire, this is absolutely proof Zeref magic works on him.

Magic resistance isn’t something that comes and goes based on being prepared or not, this is absolutely an example that enchantment works on her, besides we have on screen proof that Zeref’s enchantment can ignore baseline dragon resistance which is the only resistance Selene and the other dragon gods have.
What? I didn't even say I never said the Anksehram wouldn't work against Selene.
Im not the biggest fan on how you misunderstand literally everything I wrote.

I didn’t claim it made Zeref superior I claimed that we can’t act like Zeref lost to a weaker version of Natsu than the one Acnologia or the dragon gods fought because he’s literally went through an unquantified boost an power from the result of guild emotion channeling and charging his blows from literally setting his own soul on fire, you are the one whose theorizing that they could do the same, all I did was just state that in canon he lost to a form of Natsu that no other character has any sound scaling above besides Ravine Acnologia via Mashima’s statement, and the dragon gods don’t scale to Ravine Acnologia.
''Im not the biggest fan on how you misunderstand literally everything I wrote.'' First of all, this usage is not nice. And I just said that linking it to emotions would theorize it, so you shouldn't use it.

Okay, and? The fact of the matter is that his intention is not to die, but to defeat Natsu and then pass through the door. To assert that he's holding back and that he's trying to die is literally pushing your own personal beliefs over the very story itself.

Not how it gets treated in fiction, usually. Plus, that isn't the case if you pull an infinitely small amount (as infinity / infinity results in a finite number). You'd need to prove he's actually putting out that infinite level of magic all at once.

At least I can rest easy knowing none of this stuff will be accepted
You still don't understand, it's normal for us to assume that he held himself, this is a situation that happens in all other series, I gave you the name of the attack until the name of the attack "dark cage" if zeref used this attack, for example, it would be completely natsu offguard is (it's like how we say if jojoda used star finger against jotaro pucci in part 6)

Since infinity is infinite, it is not possible to measure it as a quantity anyway, what we say is purely hypothetical.

I already know that it will not be treated as H3a, there is nothing wrong with it only being an infinite source of magic power, it is not "unlimited" I was explaining this to Dragonking above.

I have been following this place regularly since 2024, but for some reason, the only moments when the level of activity increases are only these:

The first time a new chapter is released (for a small period of time)

Zeref vs Acnologia

Apart from that, for some reason this place is not active compared to other generals, what is the reason?

I have no idea what you are talking about above, I am currently responding to what I see myself.
The argument you quoted from someone else was an argument to which I was already responding. So either you didn't read my response, or as I said, you continue to present the same argument to me and others even though I have already responded.

You still don't understand, it's normal for us to assume that he held himself, this is a situation that happens in all other series, I gave you the name of the attack until the name of the attack "dark cage" if zeref used this attack, for example, it would be completely natsu offguard is (it's like how we say if jojoda used star finger against jotaro pucci in part 6)

Since infinity is infinite, it is not possible to measure it as a quantity anyway, what we say is purely hypothetical.

I already know that it will not be treated as H3a, there is nothing wrong with it only being an infinite source of magic power, it is not "unlimited" I was explaining this to Dragonking above.
Natsu has already shown himself to be able to burn away the Dark Cage spell. Really, this is more so a case of Plot-Induced Stupidity (which is quite common in fiction). And the assumption that he held himself back literally holds no weight, so really, it's not "normal" at all.

You're just repeating the same things again and again, so I really have no interest in continuing this if this is how it'll go.

The argument you quoted from someone else was an argument to which I was already responding. So either you didn't read my response, or as I said, you continue to present the same argument to me and others even though I have already responded.
I posted that argument above mate I just replied to the manga panel I don't have to read it if you want to tell me something go ahead I'm listening

Natsu has already shown himself to be able to burn away the Dark Cage spell. Really, this is more so a case of Plot-Induced Stupidity (which is quite common in fiction). And the assumption that he held himself back literally holds no weight, so really, it's not "normal" at all.

You're just repeating the same things again and again, so I really have no interest in continuing this if this is how it'll go.
The situation I'm referring to can be thought of as a one-second stun where he can use dark flame. (mashima's fiction protection simply)

I'm bored, I think I'll play a game. If you still argue, have a good discussion.

I said that's not the only reason and Selene = Pre-SBT is Acnologia.
Well per canon it literally is, the issue with Acnologia for other god tiers like Igneel or Zeref is that he’s not just generally stronger but kindve like post gods hand herc is with an ability that’s killed him, borderline immune and completely resistant to basically every magic in the setting even the magic made to kill him and other dragons.
I did not see your first message on the subject, and it is natural for me to say that since you did not mention it in the message I replied to you.
I know, I was just making it clear that I also shared this opinion, which is also why I didn’t mention Ignia in my post.
What? I didn't even say I never said the Anksehram wouldn't work against Selene
let me just quote your post again so there’s no confusion.
Also, given that Aldoron has a vegetal form, it is normal for him to be affected by Anksehram. Selene being affected by Irene's Enchantment doesn't mean much. As you say, in human form she was weak, unprepared and unexpected.
One. Aldoron being a wood dragon doesn’t mean it’s normal for him to be affected by Anhkersam, he’s still a dragon and it’s still magic, him being affected by it means that his resistance unlike Acnologia doesn’t cover that.

Two, resistant in fairy tail isn’t conscious, if Selene was resistant to enchantment she wouldn’t have to conscious apply that resistance it just wouldn’t work, but it did, so clearly she isn’t resistant to it.

Three, Dragon Gods don’t have the same resistance to Magic that Acnologia had, they have the same resistance that other normal dragons have, and Zeref was able to force a dragon into their human form.

''Im not the biggest fan on how you misunderstand literally everything I wrote.'' First of all, this usage is not nice.
It wasn’t mean either, it was me expressing that you quite literally misinterpreted everything I said.

I would be bothered by this thread... But I just saw Rax the Hero on twitter claim that Jellal one-shots Laxus with Orion, that Jellal will become a Dragon Slayer next arc, and now Jellal is a main character on the same level as Team Natsu now...

So you know what Zeref stans... You haven't been the most head scratching FT scalers today... I apologize to all of us that someone like Rax is somehow part of this scaling community

Because you argued that Zeref was bloodthirsty. On the contrary, I argue that Zeref was happy to die and was not bloodthirsty, which is why he did not go through the door.
What I have defended from the beginning is that Zeref gave everything and was defeated in the war, and that's what happened.
This is what I'm against
?
This is producing energy with its own power. It has nothing to do with infinite output.

no.. Acno is literally so far beyond Zeref statistically that he is able to crush him.
Acno >>>>>> Wendy Amped Dragon slayer >> post resurrection Natsu > pre resurrection Natsu > Fairy Heart Zeref.

Isn't this a contradiction? Mavis says that only Fairy Heart is powerful enough to destroy Etherion. Just before this, he says that the Fairy Heart has infinite magic power. and then gives the example of eterion to refer to its power
Dude, you are still repeating the same things, no one objects that you have infinite magic power, but we are talking about whether fairy hearth can extract this power at once. Having infinite magic power =/= being able to use it as AP at a time, and yes, stop interpreting the manga chapter I posted as you wish ☠️ What I mean is that Fairy Hearth has the potential to use a certain technique forever, but this does not prove that those techniques contain h3a ap.As I said, this infinite magic power only means that he can use certain magic techniques indefinitely without getting tired.

What I have defended from the beginning is that Zeref gave everything and was defeated in the war, and that's what happened.
No, it's just plot armour. And Zeref never fought to defeat Natsu. If he had, he would have walked through the door.
This is producing energy with its own power. It has nothing to do with infinite output.
no, as it is mentioned in the panel EVERY TIME HE USES MAGIC, IT CONSUMES HIS MAGIC POWER, AND THAT STRENGTH GRADUALLY DWINDLESS says that every time you use magic power, your strength and endurance decreases. if you have 100 magic power, let's say you have 100 magic power, you use this 100 magic power, you use this 100 magic power when you use it, that is, you do not start from 50 or 60, you use the power directly at the top of your limits. so there is infinite power output.

Dude, you are still repeating the same things, no one objects that you have infinite magic power, but we are talking about whether fairy hearth can extract this power at once. Having infinite magic power =/= being able to use it as AP at a time, and yes, stop interpreting the manga chapter I posted as you wish ☠️ What I mean is that Fairy Hearth has the potential to use a certain technique forever, but this does not prove that those techniques contain h3a ap.As I said, this infinite magic power only means that he can use certain magic techniques indefinitely without getting tired.
I've already told how suddenly you can give up all your power.

Look, I get you want Zeref to be the strongest in Fairy Tail, but you can’t just ignore the story itself by making claims like “he wasn’t trying to defeat Natsu” to push your agenda.

Not a single person besides Zeinx (who already agreed with you from the start), let alone any staff member, has been convinced - even with you repeating your points over and over again. It’s better to just drop it.

No, it's just plot armour. And Zeref never fought to defeat Natsu. If he had, he would have walked through the door.
"This is plot armor" ok and? Feat is feat. Even if Zeref passes through that door, what happens is just a reset, he will never be able to fight and defeat Natsu, what you are talking about is irrelevant. Zeref's individual wish is to defeat Natsu in a fight, this is the decision he made at the last moment, Neo Eclipse will only cause the universe to reset.
no, as it is mentioned in the panel EVERY TIME HE USES MAGIC, IT CONSUMES HIS MAGIC POWER, AND THAT STRENGTH GRADUALLY DWINDLESS says that every time you use magic power, your strength and endurance decreases. if you have 100 magic power, let's say you have 100 magic power, you use this 100 magic power, you use this 100 magic power when you use it, that is, you do not start from 50 or 60, you use the power directly at the top of your limits. so there is infinite power output.

uhh, I guess you don't seem to understand what I mean, Fairy Heart only helps you get an infinite energy pool, it doesn't directly affect your AP output, you have infinite magic power and it regenerates forever, you never get tired, etc. But Zeref never gets even 1% of this infinity. can't use it.. Its AP output is not beyond 5-A
Look, I get you want Zeref to be the strongest in Fairy Tail, but you can’t just ignore the story itself by making claims like “he wasn’t trying to defeat Natsu” to push your agenda.

Not a single person besides Zeinx (who already agreed with you from the start), let alone any staff member, has been convinced - even with you repeating your points over and over again. It’s better to just drop it.
and I completely agree with this, we have been talking about something completely clear here since yesterday, if people do not respond with any new logical arguments on this topic, I will not argue on this topic anymore, there is no point in filling this place with meaningless texts, I have explained myself enough.

uhh, I guess you don't seem to understand what I mean, Fairy Heart only helps you get an infinite energy pool, it doesn't directly affect your AP output, you have infinite magic power and it regenerates forever, you never get tired, etc. But Zeref never gets even 1% of this infinity. can't use it.. Its AP output is not beyond 5-A
Let’s upgrade DBZ Android 17/18 to High 3-A since they have an infinite energy supply 🗿

"This is plot armor" ok and? Feat is feat. Even if Zeref passes through that door, what happens is just a reset, he will never be able to fight and defeat Natsu, what you are talking about is irrelevant
What I meant there is that Zeref would have walked through the door if he just wanted to win. but he didn't do it because that wasn't his goal.
I have explained to you about 2 or 3 times about this subject, but your only explanation is "it's just an infinite pool of energy" no in fairy tail the amount of magic power is directly proportional to the power of the user

Even spells of second and third origin allow the user to obtain greater storage of magical power within his body, that is, the more magical power stored, the more power.

and in previous answers I explained why there is infinite power output

I would be bothered by this thread... But I just saw Rax the Hero on twitter claim that Jellal one-shots Laxus with Orion, that Jellal will become a Dragon Slayer next arc, and now Jellal is a main character on the same level as Team Natsu now...
Dude, even I'm not that much of a wanker... to say that Jellal is on the same level as Natsu is beyond wank, though.

I'm sure I read it much earlier than you
Oh I'm sure it is 😸👍
you can't answer despite my explanation well I won't push it
First of all, you can't force anyone to answer anyway, we just spend too much time on this topic. My aim here is not to act like a child, or to be the last person to write, as in the child mentality. I have explained myself sufficiently. If you think you're right as the last person to answer, think whatever you want. If you still haven't gone back on what you said, don't hesitate and open a thread. I won't pollute this place by going any further

Last edited:
Mashima Universe doesn’t have a General discussion thread, so I’m gonna ask here. Will Mashymre (HERO’s) eventually go from L1C to 1A now that R/F=1A?

Mashima Universe doesn’t have a General discussion thread, so I’m gonna ask here. Will Mashymre (HERO’s) eventually go from L1C to 1A now that R/F=1A?
I think Ultima will bring another event instead of just qualitative transcendence to become 1-A. so personally I don't think mashmyre will be 1a.

I know it's not the same series but i started Rave Master and i'm currently on vol 5, pretty fun so far, gonna start fairy tail after i finish it

Back