• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

"Irene>=Pre ROST Acnologia" guys 🌚

Inked8009288-6654298099-0493-_LI.jpg
How do you even jokingly reach this conclusion? The whole point of that exchange is that she was so helpless against him she felt her only choice was to create a lot of distance.

The OG Broly movie is hella overrated though. The coolest scene is when Goku blocks Broly's punch, Haji's Kitchen starts playing, and then he powers up.

Is Roshi one of the first perverted mentor archetypes or is he just one of the most memorable?
Both. Tons of characters from Dragon Ball are so iconic they have set the benchmark for other shows and their archetypes.

Goku is THE anime protag, Vegeta is THE anime rival, Roshi is THE anime mentor, the list goes on.

No other anime has had as much influence on worldwide culture as dragon Ball. Nearly every following shounen has been inspired by Toriyama and his work in one way or another. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, OPM, Black Clover, Fairy Tail, MHA, you get the idea

If there's a new movie, there's only a few things I want:

1. A final battle against a villain that doesn't last just 2 minutes (Phoenix Priestess did this right).

2. Spotlight for multiple characters.

3. It to be canon,

4. A Pure Evil villain.

5. Fluid animation like from Phoenix Priestess. Dragon Cry might've had better art but asides from a few moments of incredible animation they're nowhere near as good as Phoenix Priestess.

Wendy straight up states Natsu is her older brother figure, and Natsu is super soft and supportive around her. And Mest can go die a slow and painful deathm
Well this guy on Youtube made multiple videos of "NaWen" moments, which I refuse to even watch for fear of possibly being on a watchlist.

Besides, everyone knows that when Wendy grows up, she's going to be with Sherria.

Even Mashima ships them:

Note how each other picture is someone spinning their love interest.

We get it you like Yuri
1. They're both underage so that's a no no, I just ship them romantically.

2. Not my fault Mashima throws it out like candy.

2.5. To quote TV Tropes:

• The Les Yay increases after the second Time Skip, now that they live together. In fact, Wendy's main reason for hesitating to leave Lamia Scale, even though everyone is encouraging her to return to Fairy Tail, is to keep Chelia company now that Sherry is getting married.
  • The Les Yay increases even further in chapter 476 when Chelia sacrifices her magic to protect Wendy. She even tells Wendy not to cry for her anymore because "LOVE is stronger than magic". The context makes it clear Chelia's "love" is directed towards Wendy
  • And again in the Final Chapter 545, which spends a great deal pairing off various characters, emphasis is placed on how much time Wendy spends at the Lamia Scale Guild with Chelia.

3. Honestly Fairy Tail does a surprisingly good job at representation compared to similar anime.

Compare Bob from Fairy Tail to the okama on Kambakka Island.

Bob is an effeminate cross-dresser, but that's not the sole personality trait he has, as he is a nice guy (like calling out Karen for abusing her spirits [much like an actual Karen would], helping out the heroes, and trying to help Loke after the latter felt incredibly guilty for letting Karen die [although she deserved it tbh]). He finds the FT guys attractive, but he's not creepy about it.

The okama on Kambakka Island, on the other hand, were creepy and predatory towards Sanji (which was played for laughs, unfortunately), and given next to no personality other than that. I'm still irritated about that and plan to have Sanji train elsewhere in my crossover fanfic.

This doesn't include Ivankov, though, because Ivankov is awesome, personality wise and power-wise.

Not saying FT doesn't have its own issues, like Cana basically doing sexual harassment.

Also, while the creepy way Cosmos acts towards Wendy is played seriously, it doesn't seem like her putting her finger in Wendy's mouth is played as seriously as it should be.

Seriously, does Fiore's royalty not do psychological checks on their soldiers?

2.5. To quote TV Tropes:

• The Les Yay increases after the second Time Skip, now that they live together. In fact, Wendy's main reason for hesitating to leave Lamia Scale, even though everyone is encouraging her to return to Fairy Tail, is to keep Chelia company now that Sherry is getting married.
  • The Les Yay increases even further in chapter 476 when Chelia sacrifices her magic to protect Wendy. She even tells Wendy not to cry for her anymore because "LOVE is stronger than magic". The context makes it clear Chelia's "love" is directed towards Wendy
  • And again in the Final Chapter 545, which spends a great deal pairing off various characters, emphasis is placed on how much time Wendy spends at the Lamia Scale Guild with Chelia.
...You know that the LOVE Sheria feels for Wendy is platonic right? As in Sisterly love

Like Mashima makes that very clear before the war arc. Now who knows what he wants to do down the line, but as of this moment the "ship" has very little to go on.

2.5. To quote TV Tropes;

3. Honestly Fairy Tail does a surprisingly good job at representation compared to similar anime.

Compare Bob from Fairy Tail to the okama on Kambakka Island.

Bob is an effeminate cross-dresser, but that's not the sole personality trait he has, as he is a nice guy (like calling out Karen for abusing her spirits [much like an actual Karen would], helping out the heroes, and trying to help Loke after the latter felt incredibly guilty for letting Karen die [although she deserved it tbh]). He finds the FT guys attractive, but he's not creepy about it.

The okama on Kambakka Island, on the other hand, were creepy and predatory towards Sanji (which was played for laughs, unfortunately), and given next to no personality other than that. I'm still irritated about that and plan to have Sanji train elsewhere in my crossover fanfic.

This doesn't include Ivankov, though, because Ivankov is awesome, personality wise and power-wise.
Nah, Wendy and Chelia don't have any romantic chemistry honestly, they are BFFs more than potential love interests. Making a close friend you can relate to at a young age and that BFF thing is sorta ruined if they make it romantic. Also shipping of any kind involving her is creepy.

That compilation you speak of was literally just the early interactions of Natsu and Wendy and them being siblings.

I don't think Wendy and Sherria is as guaranteed as people think

They're kids and they're just friends, there's no romantic implications at all...

They're like sisters

Like Mashima makes that pretty clear before the war arc. Now who knows what he wants to do down the line, but as of this moment the "ship" has very little to go on.
I'd believe that if it weren't for the whole swinging thing Mashima made between them when for everyone else he did it with couples.

You might be right, though.

Just saying its a possibility.

I'd believe that if it weren't for the whole swinging thing Mashima made between them when for everyone else he did it with couples.
Well he did it for Max and Warren as well, who are just friends

Yeah the others are ships, but fanart is just that, fanart

Just found another person who says Human Form Irene = Human Form Acnologia

The Irene wank is ridiculous

just wait Mitch, you'll see that Wendy hasn't overcome even half of Irene's power.
Irrelevant, I'm not talking about future scaling, I'm talking about what we know now

Based on what we know now, Irene and August are fodder, if things change later, that's another matter, but as of now, they fodder

That's my argument

Back