• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Expanding the References for Common Feats page

I mean, something like: (okay I am drafting this by myself)

The diameter of the Earth is chosen for the blast diameter as this is the minimal length depicted to have the blast to cover the whole planet surface in one go.
Ah. Okay. That works.

EDIT: Wait, not the diameter, the circumference. The top surface (The face of the planet), you know, the distance you'd cover if you went around the Earth in a straight line instead of digging through straight down.

Last edited:
Ah. Okay. That works.

EDIT: Wait, not the diameter, the circumference. The top surface, you know, the distance you'd cover if you went around the Earth in a straight line instead of digging through straight down.
I mean, something like: (okay I am drafting this by myself)

The circumference of the Earth is chosen for the blast diameter as this is the minimal length depicted to have the blast to cover the whole planet surface in one go.
Fixed.

Anyone else okay with this... I am adding the sentence within 24 hours from now.

Sorry but quick question, why aren't amps to strength used for lifting strength?
Well this is a question on its own and little to do with common feats.

I believe this is worth asking and discussing in a separate thread.

Hello, the "Digging up from the Underground" calc from the page uses 61 cm to assume the shoulder width of a character, would that be an average? And if it is, does anyone have a source for that?

If one digs up from an underground,one is normally portrayed to be covered in a layer of soil or whatever. Maybe that is counting as well.

That calculation should honestly be removed, it's really misleading. It uses rock instead of soil which is what you'd actually dig through, and digging is something that takes more than one action and would as such clearly not be the same as destroying that much volume instantly. So basically it covers like, 1% of "digging out from underground" in fiction.

That calculation should honestly be removed, it's really misleading. It uses rock instead of soil which is what you'd actually dig through, and digging is something that takes more than one action and would as such clearly not be the same as destroying that much volume instantly. So basically it covers like, 1% of "digging out from underground" in fiction.
A.
Pulverisation of one whole piece of rock = 214 J/cc
Pulverisation of soil = 1 J/cc
Not even 1% of such.

B.
Rather, the correct formula involves:
1. determine the diameter of hole to dig
2. determine the
3. plug the volume formula
4. determine material of ground and level of destruction
This is more like a standard method of calculating a feat yield rather than one specific yield value.

The formula can stay but the methodology rather than a specific value should be preserved.

I mean it just almost never applies to digging in the first place.

I mean it just almost never applies to digging in the first place.
So armor is suggesting that

The calculation from specifically here should be totally removed.

While I do not oppose, I would like to replace that with a calculation or rather guideline for how to properly measure digging feats.

In fact, many "common" feats are not quite standard in yield size but are having a standard formula in constructing a calculation and finding the yield.

Should we separate those calculations from the page?

While I do not oppose, I would like to replace that with a calculation or rather guideline for how to properly measure digging feats.
I don't really think there is a way.
In fact, many "common" feats are not quite standard in yield size but are having a standard formula in constructing a calculation and finding the yield.

There's more issues than that with the digging calc. Tackle that at another time if you'd like.

So, what're we gonna do about this?
Well what about we think of ourselves as how we could swim?

(Since some human beings can learn swimming with real training, we may as well investigate on the mechanism behind swimming and running on water, then determine a formula instead of set value to determine the speed required to do such.)

Your solution sounds better to me, but I am not a good person to ask.

Your solution sounds better to me, but I am not a good person to ask.
@Armorchompy @Jasonsith @KLOL506 @Aguywhodoesthings

By the way did we ever reach any conclusion on ripping arms off? There's a couple profiles of mine that'd need downgrading given they're Class 25 based off the Migue calc rn.

By the way did we ever reach any conclusion on ripping arms off? There's a couple profiles of mine that'd need downgrading given they're Class 25 based off the Migue calc rn.
I think we actually proceeded with accepting it AFAIK. Only issue was whether you'd want to use the shoulder diameter of a guy like me who is beyond suffering from malnutrition (Class 5) or the shoulder diameter of the average dude (Class 25), and I think that was the more acceptable end in the long run.

Well if ripping off a head is having a measurable and/or tested yield, ripping off an arm or leg should be proportionate to the tissues holding the limb or head to the trunk.

So what are your conclusions here so far? Do you need me to give some form of official acceptance for you to apply a revision here?

There also seem to be a few feats from here that haven't been discussed yet, like the cloud dissipating and lake melting calculations. If we get these evaluated, can they be added

There also seem to be a few feats from here that haven't been discussed yet, like the cloud dissipating and lake melting calculations. If we get these evaluated, can they be added
I don't think the cloud calc meets the standards of our cloud calculations page and generally I don't think assuming timeframes for common feats is good.

Melting a lake doesn't work as, while there are some not universally accepted definitions suggesting a minimum area of 2 hectar, there is no minimum average depth associated with that.

So, about this
Maybe for the thickness.
Seems wiser to scale the crates in terms of size, as I'm pretty sure crate size varies in fiction quite a lot. (....and in reality for that matter)

So can somebody summarise what we should currently do here please?

Back