• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule The World 2: Electric Boogaloo Meta 1

The definition of biotic is biological. Which bones are

However, life acceleration doesn't work on something that has no life to accelerate. Which, seeing as I'm dead, I don't.

You don't

If you the PC had chosen to try and sniff things out, then that would have worked. No dice necessary.

You left it to the chance of whether or not your PC would pick up on something that you're not actively looking out for. chance being the key word.

Except your argument earlier was that it was our fault for not having noticed that.

Y O U A R E S A Y I N G T H A T Y O U A R E B O T H A L I V E A N D D E A D A T T H E S A M E T I M E

******* pick one

Monarch Laciel said:
The definition of biotic is biological. Which bones are

However, life acceleration doesn't work on something that has no life to accelerate. Which, seeing as I'm dead, I don't.
Except such a definition was never used to describe what Gold Experience did?

Tbh I have to agree with Yobo and Hl3 on the sensing thing. They were put in a situation where character-wise they'd have to be pretty dumb to not be actively searching for an enemy, or some kind of information.

"What happens if I inject life to something that's already alive" -> Gio's thoughts when about to do it for the first time.

And every other time he's transmuted something, it's been rocks or shit, not flesh and bone.

Heck, he punched Bucatelli's corpse and that just brought Bucatelli back to life for a bit, not transmuted his body or accelerated his thoughts

Monarch Laciel said:
"What happens if I inject life to something that's already alive" -> Gio's thoughts when about to do it for the first time.

And every other time he's transmuted something, it's been rocks or shit, not flesh and bone.

Heck, he punched Bucatelli's corpse and that just brought Bucatelli back to life for a bit, not transmuted his body or accelerated his thoughts
So life accelerate works on the dead then?

ok

but GE is too fast for you to even comprhend

so you come back to life..............as nothing but bones and instantly die again but for real this time

Monarch Laciel said:
I think you missed the bit where I said it didn't accelerate his thoughts.
But he is able to inject life, which is where it comes from, which should have done something to you, which you said it didn't. Not to mention he has control over what it does.

I mean

His life acceleration works by making the brain work so fast it can't keep track of what's actually happening.

I don't have a brain.

Also my soul is bound to my corpse so bringing me back to life then me just dying from not having a brain or heart means nothing.

But ok

Fine

You should have sensed something was off.

Monarch Laciel said:
I mean
His life acceleration works by making the brain work so fast it can't keep track of what's actually happening.

I don't have a brain.

Also my soul is bound to my corpse so bringing me back to life then me just dying from not having a brain or heart means nothing.

But ok

Fine

You should have sensed something was off.
bringing you back to life would give you a brain, which procedes to go apeshit as i age you and your entire body to dust

No?

Bringing Bucatelli back to life was only possible because his body was completely healed by Giornio substituting in his organs and accelerating his healing factor. Which, now that I think about it, is the only reason Bucatelli could still be brought back.

I'm a burnt skeleton without any healing factor that lets me regrow organs, so unless you were to turn an animal into a brain, then stick it in my head, then somehow give my burnt skeleton a healing factor to let it grow back everything and merge with the brain, I wouldn't have one.

Fine with me.

Then what?

They decide what happened was legit, we carry on where we left off.

They decide that what happened wasn't legit, we... what? Rewind back to the first error? Which would be Hans not reconizing that the girl running up to him smells of bones?

Eh

You know what.

The bit about senses is the only important thing here. Yes, Crimson didn't explain directions as well as he could, but there was still enough there to put it together. And everything else was within the rules, there's no reason I can't get the GM to say what a "mysterious character" who later turns out to be me is doing if I'm the one controlling what they do.

This comes down to whether or not the other players think that rolling die to determine whether your notice things you're not actively trying to sense is fair, or if you should just automatically sense it anyway.

It's not an argument.

It's that everything except the dice-roll-for-senses is irrelevant. Everything else was fine. Crimson could have specified orientations and placement of people more clearly by just saying "You're all in the alley. Shadow blocked off the entrance to the alley. It's all around you except for the other side of the alley, but its moving towards it to block you off", but it was still possible to understand it without great mental effort.

My argument would be that if you're not actively looking out for something, and it's not flashing neon lights in your face, leaving it up to chance as to whether you actually notice it is perfectly fine.

Look, I'll be straight with you. If you don't at least give a concrete answer you aren't doing much more then dancing around the issue.

Me?

I say yes, it's entirely fair to leave whether or not you see something up to chance if you're not actively looking out for it.

Senses

You cannot dictate what is sensed. You cannot dictate what is ignored because that level of ignorance inherently does not exist with these level of senses, otherwise their usage would instantly knock a person out. There is no evidence that people are too untrustworthy to decide what their PC is capable of, and that ignores the fact that there are other people who can decide if that's BS. This was seen when character factored in to the tournament in EWtRtW 1. The GM, in that case, can also not be said to be fully trustworthy by that logic, and the inherent untrustworthiness of people has never been proven, so it cannot be used as a argument. Furthermore, you cannot assume that both the Player and PC are equal parts responsible for what is sensed, as that negates the supposed purpose of the dice roll in the first place. The dice also fail to account for the fact that two senses noticing something is more then enough to tip someone off, regardless of this in the first place.

Inherent Advantage of Monarch's
Monarch immediately had a massive advantage. Due to GM interference, he could freely say what had already been placed beforehand, which by his logic, isn't fair because he cannot be trusted, unless he is claiming that he is the only trustworthy individual. This also means we wouldn't be able to know what our character could logically react to, and would be unable to even figure out what our PC's knew, making it near impossible to play them. This was already happening as soon as Monarch lies about being Omni, while we would at least have to reveal to the general public, even if we didn't to the PC, that this was at least the inkling of a plan.

Positio
Directions given on position were inherently confusing and contradicting. For example, the message I was given denoted that the entrance was what the shadow was moving towards.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
I rolled some d20s for you and Hl3.

You will see a large shadow sweeping the air above him, as well as on the walls to your left and right a little behind you.

It already blocked off the entrance.

Prepare yourself.

However, in that sentence alone, it already contradicts itself because since I entered last, the entrance would be what was behind me, meaning by this quote it would be unclear what was covered. Even assuming that both sides were uncovered, that would contradict that there was only one passage way out, like Crimson said.

TLDR, Postioning was wack, senses have no real justification for being left to chance, and Monarch was given unfair advantages because "lol GM." Furthermore, the logic used to justify this was a self contradiction, and for it to work we'd have to assume that only Monarch and the GM are trustworthy out of everyone here.

I thought my argument was over, but I guess I can put it all together.

What happened was not legit because the player was being controlled by the GM

Ok, let me debunk this by saying that I was controlling my character, Crimson was just the one typing out what I said for my character to do. Because if I hadn't, you would have known that I was the one controlling the Shadow and trying to kill you, which you wouldn't have known in-character, so it does not matter if you didn't know out of character.

What happened was not legit because the GM lied to us

Your main case here being that time I pretended I was possessed by Omni to say you needed to protect me to get a reward. The GM did not lie to you, he told you exactly what you would have seen when I made my character say that.

What happened was not legit because Monarch could have just pulled anything

I'll debunk this by saying that I told everything I was doing to the GM, and if I had tried to do something I had not set up in the past, Crimson would have told me no.

'What happened was not legit because the GM put us in an unwinnable situatio'

First, the GM didn't put you in it, I did. Second, there were ways out that you didn't realise.

What happened was not legit because the GM didn't explain what was going o

Your main argument here being that you thought you were surrounded by the Shadow when you weren't.

Crimson did explain. Crimson gave enough information for you to understand your orientation.

-> Samuel was following Hans

-> Hans went into an alley.

-> Hans backed into the alley, meaing he was still looking back out.

-> Samuel was looking at Hans.

-> Crimson told Samuel / Yobo the entrance to the alley was blocked by the Shadow.

-> Crimson told Samuel / Yobo that the shadow was behind him and above him and moving along besides him.

-> Hans immediately saw the Shadow as soon as Hl3 stated that he was facing the entrance to the alley.

-> Multiple times was it stated that the Shadow was moving further through the alley, and was getting closer to the other exit.

-> When you broke the ground, it was stated the shadow was also below you

That is more than enough information to understand where the Shadow was and that there was still a way out.

Yobo was the one who stated "looks like we're surrounded". He misunderstood, and Hl3 was caught up in that misunderstanding.

Neither Crimson or me pointed out your mistake because we did not understand that you thought you had literally no way out. Not out of bias against you.

What happened was not legit because we should have sensed something was up

Hans was not actively looking out for the smell of bones from me. Hans was not actively looking out for life force or lack of it from me. Samuel was no trying to sonar me.

Therefore, we left it to chance as whether or not you would notice these oddities. Not whether you would sense them. I understand that senses are not magically turned off. But even if something is within your line of vision, doesn't mean you will actually notice it. That is what the dice decided based on random chance.

Senses

This isn't about trustworthiness. That's not the main argument, it was a side point, so you focusing on that ignores the main argument.

The main argument is that you did not actually choose to try to look for anything, so whether or not you took note of it even if it entered your senses is what was left up to chance.

Inherent Advantage of Monarch's
Again, you focus on trustworthiness for some reason. You seem insulted that I'm implying you are not trustworthy. I apologise, I didn't mean to do that.

Now the argument. I did not have an inherent advantage. The GM did not "interefere" with anything. I told the GM everything I was doing. I did not tell the GM that I had placed some trap (or something) somewhere beforehand when I had not in order to cheat. If I placed a trap, I told the GM that I had done so.

For example, the moment Hl3 tried to break a hole in the wall to escape, or the first time that you tried to break the ground to do something. I had previously told the GM that the shadow was moving along the insides of building and walls, as well as moving along beneath the ground. I did not say "well the Shadow was already there so it doesn't work" when it was not.

I don't know what you mean by you not controlling your character. Everything your characters noticed and knew was given to you.

Positio
See my previous comment. The context and information given to you was easy to understand if read through properly.

You were walking into the alley. The shadow was behind you. The entrance was already covered. It was not hard to understand that the shadow being behind you was what had covered the entrance. It doesn't contradict itself at all. You entered the alley through the entrance, which was behind you, and now the entrance was covered by the shadow, which was also behind you.

Back