• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule The World 2: Electric Boogaloo Meta 1

(This ended up being longer than originally intended...)

Tbh, I agree with Monarch on a majority of the arguments that I bothered to fully read

But the most important thing imo is the sensing. I don't think a player should have to actively say whether or not they're using (or paying attention to) a passive ability like sensing, unless of course the ability itself requires activation beforehand (like my own sensing with Meruem).

Whether or not something is noticed shouldn't be left to random chance. Especially when in Yobo and Hl3's situation they would have to be practically brain-dead to not be actively looking for an enemy that they literally couldn't see. Focusing on your other senses should be a no-brainer in this situation. Now if they had their attention diverted or were under some level of mental interference such as panic/confuse/fear/distress (etc), then it would make sense as to why they couldn't fully take advantage.

Random chance works in D&D because everybody starts at a base human level and can freely put tangible points into certain skills to sway the results of the dice roll in their favor. The player is actively responsible for making sure their character is "good at" a certain thing because everyone starts on a level playing field. Something like superhuman senses to the extent of most fictional characters would apply a massive plus modifier that would probably break a d&d session if everyone else didn't have access to such skills.

And I guess to clarify, I don't think there was any foul play (especially not intentionally) from either Monarch or Crimson. What they pulled off was brilliant. I just think the execution wasn't the best in that one area.

Life sensing isn't. Gio was concentrating on sensing life whenever he did it. Sonar isn't, it needs to be actively used.

Dino senses and Demiya's senses are though. The argument is that even if your senses are passive, that doesn't mean you're going to pick up on something you're not paying attention to.

In a busy room you hear the sounds of everyone's conversations, but you don't know what they are saying unless you actually try to pay attention to it.

The equivalent of a busy room in this case would mean there were multiple signatures for their senses to pick up, which from my understanding wasn't the case here. Nor did they have their senses impeded, attention diverted, or mind impacted enough to where they shouldn't logically be focusing on their senses by default as I said above.

They were focused on the Shadow though, not on Rose.

Demiya's senses wouldn't help anyway, good sight wouldn't see through the false flesh, it's indistinguishable from normal skin.

Dino senses were all that mattered.

And it's harder to pick up on a smell not being there than it being there.

Normal people would smell of bones too. If anything, he'd need to realise there's no smell of flesh or blood rather than realise I smell of bones.

Monarch

You are either biotic enough to not be turned into an animal

Or you are abiotic enough to be unaffected by life overload

Pick one

You cannot be both because that violates basic logic

No

I am biotic because bones are biological

I am not alive and thus not affected by life injection.

In order for transmutation to work it needs to be abiotic

In order for life injection to work it needs to be alive, and also have a brain at that.

I am none of those

Also, saying that the shadow was getting hit by the reflection is like someone shooting a gun at the dog and the gun getting damaged

That's obviously not what happens and you should be melting rm

Now you're saying bones aren't biological? Spooktober's messed you up man.

And No

The Shadow is an independent entity that I have control over, not merely a power of mine.

It's more like saying that if I tell a dog to attack the life creatures, the dog gets hurt instead of me

Before I post my next argument, I'll ask, I really don't care if I survive or not, but I find it BS that you put two people in a situation like this. I thing at this point we may as well try and find a compromise.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
I am to blame for this situacion.

I feel like i didn't do a good job on anything. I apologize for this.
Nah. It's fine. I'd really just feel better if you didn't fall back on the random chance though. Or at least cut back on it.

Yobobojojo said:
Just let one PC survive. Who it is is up to you two.
What you say : compromise

What I hear: throwing Hl3 under a ******* bus kek

Know what, I'd be fine if we just reversed time back to when disguised me ran into Hl3 and this time he takes a big sniff

Name: Alatreon

Appearance: Hazama

Character: Utsuro

Verse of Origin: BlazBlue

About type 8: it's pretty easy to get around it. Just send me to a pocket dimension or another planet etc. I'm dependent on the energy of the planet fueling me. Somehow cutting my connection by being too far is one way to do it.

I also made revision to the whole verse. His Regen is Mid-High.

What you say : compromise

What I hear: throwing Hl3 under a ******* bus kek

Know what, I'd be fine if we just reversed time back to when disguised me ran into Hl3 and this time he takes a big sniff

Boi you can kill me for all I care. I have a doc full of new characters I can use instead

Anyway, I get the feel that at this point any redo will take too long and won't really satisfy my issues with it, so I still kinda prefer my option. But that's up to you.

Monarch Laciel wrote Know what, I'd be fine if we just reversed time back to when disguised me ran into Hl3 and this time he takes a big sniff

Are we all fine with this?

Yobobojojo said:
Anyway, I get the feel that at this point any redo will take too long and won't really satisfy my issues with it, so I still kinda prefer my option. But that's up to you.

Back