• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule The World 2: Electric Boogaloo Meta 1

Anyways, I may do it. I mean, it's not like Randy's the third begin of doom.

Which consists of beings like Kabus.

DEBATE HERE.

Hl3 and Yobo

Do not complain that you couldn't work out some simply directions. We gave you enough information.

Do not complain that the me and the GM made sure you didn't use any knowledge that was out of character.

Do not complain that you did not run for the exit after realizing this thing was a non-corporeal enemy neither of you could fight. That was a dumb decision based on your previous repeated failures to understand that the exit was still open.

Do not complain that you were not told the capablilites of this monster. You should not know in character, and the GM was not obligated to tell you in-character. You found out what it could do as you fought it, as it should be.

Yobobojojo said:
[Except he didn't. He gave me what was essentially "You're in trouble now, get ready to fight"
Except that it was unclear do to both positions and lack of actual discernment]
Really, cuz this is what I saw on his message wall.

CrimsonStarFalle wrote

I rolled some d20s for you and Hl3.

You will see a large shadow sweeping the air above him, as well as on the walls to your left and right a little behind you.

It already blocked off the entrance.

Prepare yourself.

False. The directions you gave us were contradicting, as I explained earlier.

False. We have multiple enhanced sense we would easily be able to sniff out your deception with. We were inherently deprived of that because of what you did.

False. Not only is that a Repitition Fallacy, but it was already addressed.

False, once again, repeated argument. Not only that, but it essentially amounted to giving you the ability to say "yeah, lol that was already there"

Really, cuz this is what I saw on his message wall.

CrimsonStarFalle wrote

You will see a large shadow sweeping the air above him, as well as on the walls to your left and right a little behind you.

Prepare yourself.

Literally what I posted boi.

[This is pretty much saying you need to fight

Also, considering that you just said it was at the entrance, yet was only "a little" behind me, that clearly isn't actually the case]

Once again, I point to this. If you can't even keep them straight, how are we supposed to do that?

regardless of anything else, Monarch's reasoning for why GE didn;t affect him is bs

the selective intangibility would've bypassed the shadow armor and it's touch would've aged his bones to dust

Yobobojojo said:
False. The directions you gave us were contradicting, as I explained earlier.
They were not. The directions were clear. You failed to understand them. They were not contradicting, they were directly addressed to you and Hl3 individually.

False. We have multiple enhanced sense we would easily be able to sniff out your deception with. We were inherently deprived of that because of what you did.

Actually, the GM rolled dice for you several times, with high modifiers based on your enhanced senses. You passed, hence why you noticed the shadow sneaking up behind you. Hl3 failed abysmally, hence why we said he was metaphorically blind.

You were the one who said you were surrounded. The Shadow was stated multiple times to be stretching down the alley to block off the exit. As in, it had not yet. You failed to pick up on this.

False, once again, repeated argument. Not only that, but it essentially amounted to giving you the ability to say "yeah, lol that was already there"

I told the GM what was there. Had I attempted to say something that I had not done or prepared, he would have stopped me and said I could not. So no, I could not say "that was already there".

They were not. The directions were clear. You failed to understand them.

Actually, the GM rolled dice for you several times, with modifiers based on your enhanced senses. You passed, hence why you noticed the shadow sneaking up behind you. Hl3 failed abysmally, hence why we said he was metaphorically blind.

You were the one who said you were surrounded. The Shadow was stated multiple times to be stretching down the alley to block off the exit. As in, it had not yet. You failed to pick up on this.

I told the GM what was there. Had I attempted to say something that I had not done or prepared, he would have stopped me and said I could not.

Incorrect. You initially stated it was much side that was blocked off, yet What Crimson said clearly contradicts that,

He did not, however, do that for your disguise, and this isn't DND. That isn't something that can be decided by probability.

Not what I said.

That wasn't the point. The point was you essentially could say whatever you wanted was already there, without denoting a action

You failed to see a shadow, or you just didn't think it was anything of note. That's how the dice roll works.

The only mistake was not recognising that you were backing into the alley, thus you should have seen the Shadow stretching over the entrance. The GM remedied this by immediately saying yes, you could see it, as soon as we realised.

And then when you pulled GER and gained the advantage of having its life sensing skills, you managed to recognise that there were only 2 life forces in the area because this time, you succeeded at the dice roll. Had you failed, it would not be that you for some reason sensed me as having life when I didn't, it would have been due to that sense failing to enter your conscious mind.

Yobobojojo said:
Also, it was said to be stretching towards the entrance in what Crimson said to me.
CrimsonStarFalle wrote

Prepare yourself.

Ok

This I accept. He could have specified that it was coming from behind you.

However, the fact that it was stretching towards the other exit should have tipped you off.

senses can't be determined by a ******* dice roll, because that's not how senses work

i should've known from the very start, but i didn't because............................reasons?

Except that shouldn't be up to probability to decide. These are good senses, yet he can just wave them away with probability and dictate our thoughts for us?

No, that was not what occurred. On person said it stretched towards one side, while another said something different.

Except for the fact that wasn't something that our PC's had time to share do to the shadow attack.

You didn't have GE out, and you weren't actively looking for life force. So by the dice roll, it slipped your mind

Back