• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule The World 2: Electric Boogaloo Meta 1

Monarch Laciel said:
You didn't have GE out, and you weren't actively looking for life force. So by the dice roll, it slipped your mind
Except he was in the process of the dinosaur transformation, which also increases senses, as well as my sonar

Monarch Laciel said:
You didn't have GE out, and you weren't actively looking for life force. So by the dice roll, it slipped your mind
i don't need to "have it out", it's a stand

i wasn't, but i should've been able to sense it regardless

senses don't work like that, especially in this kind of situation

Your sonar needs to be actively used, and you never said you did.

We accounted for his hjs dino transformation. It doesn't let him sense life.

Monarch Laciel said:
Your sonar needs to be actively used, and you never said you did.

We accounted for his hjs dino transformation. It doesn't let him sense life.
False. Its always active.

But it gives him a good sense of smell, which should have been enough to sniff you out.

Hl3 or bust said:
i don't need to "have it out", it's a stand

i wasn't, but i should've been able to sense it regardless

sense don't work like that, especially in this kind of situation
You had to sense that something was not there. This was not a giant flashing neon light that would have alerted you to my lack of life force. It was a lack of life. And Giorno's already noted his life sensing to be imprecise.

for the last ******* time

senses

do not

work

that

they cannot be decided by a dice roll because you don't simply loses your senses for no reason

Hl3 or bust said:
for the last ******* time

senses

do not

work

that

they cannot be decided by a dice roll because you don't simply loses your senses for no reason
This. This. Just this.

You had to sense that something was not there. This was not a giant flashing neon light that would have alerted you to my lack of life force. It was a lack of life. And Giorno's already noted his life sensing to be imprecise.

Except there would be some level of tip off, which was totally ignored because lol dice.

Not that you lost the senses boi

That you failed to note what they were telling you

People passively block out sights and sounds all the time because otherwise information overlord would be too much.

Yobobojojo said:
False. Its always active.

But it gives him a good sense of smell, which should have been enough to sniff you out.
Not in any of the gameplay, I distinctly remember needing to press a button to use it.

If he had actively tried to sniff me out, sure. But he didn't, so instead it became a passive scent that he subconsciously blocked out.

Monarch Laciel said:
Not that you lost the senses boi

That you failed to note what they were telling you

People passively block out sights and sounds all the time because otherwise information overlord would be too much.
Except that on these levels of senses that would have to already have been overidden by default.

Furthermore, a GM absolutely must never micromanage the actions, thoughts, or feelings of a PC. What they overlook and think should always be up to the player or what is in character, not a dice roll that isn't indicative of anything.

You misunderstand me.

I'm not saying you missed be because information overload.

I'm saying you missed me because you never actively tried to sniff me out, so any information like that was subconsciously blocked out as people do all the time in every day life.

Not in any of the gameplay, I distinctly remember needing to press a button to use it.

If he had actively tried to sniff me out, sure. But he didn't, so instead it became a passive scent that he subconsciously blocked out.

I'll check, but I'm pretty sure that's not everything.

Except even assuming that occurred, that's two sense that suddenly dropped out of nowhere for no reason, without any reason.

Monarch Laciel said:
You misunderstand me.

I'm not saying you missed be because information overload.

I'm saying you missed me because you never actively tried to sniff me out, so any information like that was subconsciously blocked out as people do all the time in every day life.
Except your argument only works if we assume information overload can be factored in.

Furthermore, a GM absolutely must never micromanage the actions, thoughts, or feelings of a PC. What they overlook and think should always be up to the player or what is in character, not a dice roll that isn't indicative of anything.

Keep in mind the GM is not a omnipotent force. He cannot force things like this to happen just because they say so, even if they are a random choice, when that is not how they work. Even Overlord admitted that when he did it on accident

Yobobojojo said:
Except that on these levels of senses that would have to already have been overidden by default.
I don't understand what you mean.

Uh, how about no? Your thoughts and feelings are your own, sure. What you see? What you sense? No.

Because if what you sensed was always up to you, you would have chosen to see the things that were important. Not the things that you actually could see. You would always say you saw the important things. You would never let your character miss anything if it could go wrong for you.

The dice is a fair, impartial method of determining whether or not the person actually manages to sense something that is difficult to sense. You get bonuses based on your character's abilities. It's not just "everyone rolls 10 or higher or you die"

If you want to remove the dice from this.

Then Hl3 ******* died the moment he touched the shadow, because Crimson rolling a ******* D20 with the dice is the only thing that allow him to ignore it via willpower. He shouldn't have been able to

Hl3 or bust said:
also, i think i would've noticed a normal-seeming person either smelling like bones or literally nothing
Well A) I had fake flesh on so you wouldn't smell the bones through that and B) I was wearing a bunch of clothes I just bought from a clothing store, so you would have smelt that, not literally nothing.

I mean, if he should have died, then he absolutely should have died.

Except that was already debunked. Information overload would be the only reason for that to occur.

That is not impartial or fair, especially when one second our PC's have to not overlook it, but then you say it's our fault for overlooking something. It cannot be both

Well A) I had fake flesh on so you wouldn't smell the bones through that and B) I was wearing a bunch of clothes I just bought from a clothing store, so you would have smelt that, not literally nothing.

Well, explain what the fake flesh is? Then we could know if we can. You entire argument requires us to assume that no one is able to be trusted to judge their own abilities fairly

What your characters overlooked was what your enhanced senses were telling you.

What you players missed was the decision to actively try and use those enhanced senses, which would have let you immediately "sniff me out". Also you missed directions.

ok

Monarch

assuming any of this is fair or ok

you're still dead

GE is more than fast enough to turn all of your bones into dust before you have any idea that anything has happened

Monarch Laciel said:
What you players missed was the decision to actively try and use those enhanced senses, which would have let you immediately "sniff me out". Also you missed directions.
senses

do not

work

that

Monarch Laciel said:

Except not only said we explain that that isn't how it works, but that those directions were contracting. Also, it cannot be both the PC and player who have to be able to discern things, as that makes the bar too high.

"Because if what you sensed was always up to you, you would have chosen to see the things that were important. Not the things that you actually could see. You would always say you saw the important things. You would never let your character miss anything if it could go wrong for you."

Absolutely false. Character was a important part of the tournament, and if someone wouldn't do something normally it was pointed out.

Except it can't?

GE can't just disintegrate things. It worked by overloading it with life energy, causing cell division to go out of control and cause the tree to age to death

My bones are dead and magically maintained. You can't cause them to undergo cell division

Monarch Laciel said:
Except it can't?

My dura is too high.

And GE can't just disintegrate things. It worked by overloading it with life energy, causing cell division to go out of control and cause the tree to age to death
>Dura is too high

>Dura negating ability

There is a issue here.

you're a skeleton yes?

so you're made of bones

that have bone marrow

that i can overload

or just overload your brain and kill you that way

The argument that people cannot be trusted to do things fairly is by definition idiotic. There are other people who can point out which something they do is bullshit, don't leave it to the GM alone, and especially not to chance.

Because my bones are still biotic.

Transmutation only works on abiotic things.

Life acceleration only works on living things.

My bones are biotic because by definition they are biological, but still dead

Monarch

so correct me if i'm wrong

you're biotic enough to not be turned into an animal but abiotic enough to not be affected by life overload, which is literally saying that you're both alive and dead at the same time?

Monarch Laciel said:
Because my bones are still biotic.

Transmutation only works on abiotic things.

Life acceleration only works on living things.

My bones are biotic because by definition they are biological, but still dead
Pretty sure it was non-living, not abiotic. Araki has never once made such distinctions.

Yobobojojo said:
Except not only said we explain that that isn't how it works, but that those directions were contracting. Also, it cannot be both the PC and player who have to be able to discern things, as that makes the bar too high.
You don't

If you the PC had chosen to try and sniff things out, then that would have worked. No dice necessary.

You left it to the chance of whether or not your PC would pick up on something that you're not actively looking out for. chance being the key word.

Also, the argument here essentially is "dice are fair because people can't be trusted."

Except by that logic the GM cannot be trusted to not lie. Not to mention your using something that cannot be proven as fact.

Back