• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Etrian Odyssey Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while back, there was a thread about adding profiles to Etrian Odyssey. However, it was placed on the wrong board, so I've decided to start afresh.

Recently, LordXcano performed a calculation about the destruction of the Yggdrasil Tree from Etrian Odyssey, as can be seen here. This calc is an integral part of deciding the statistics of many Etrian Odyssey characters, such as Primevil and the Yggdrasil core.

This thread can be used for discussion about some of the other profiles, to find out what statistics they lie at, and also discussions about making changes to any of the existing profiles.

Thank you for understanding.

The first order of buisness, is to create profiles for both the Highlander and the Fafnir Knight, as they have the highest priority. The previous thread should list all arguments about powerscaling, should you need any infomation. If you still need more information, I shall do my best to explain, being fairly knowledgeable about this series.

Question, Lasatar. Does Ricky and the rest of Untold 1 cast scale to Highlander when in Kupala's power? Because I remember playing the finale of Untold story mode, and Ricky deals so much damage as well. Though it wouldn't be useful in actual combat, since its outside help.

However, I'm not sure if the Untold 2 cast scales to Fafnir Knight.

Lastly, it will be hard is the two of us are the only ones who know EO. Do you know anyone else who could help us out?

Let me do a stat check.

Untold Cast (Base) - Around Country to maybe Continent level, should be equal to Etreant. Visil's Serum was able to damage Yggdrasil Core, so Etreant is slightly lower than Yggdrasil Core.

Untold Cast (Kupala's Soul powerup) - Multi-Continent level. Can defeat and heavily damage Yggdrasil Core, as well as kill it.

Fafnir Knight's true power - At least Multi-Continent level. Oneshot the Yggdrasil core, should be superior to Untold Cast with Kupala's Soul and Yggdrasil core.

As for their speed, the story mode Untold cast should be in Massively hypersonic range. Scale to many endgame bosses, I think.

Mike by himself is tricky, but he MIGHT be equal to Etreant, so country level? I have to play the game again to confirm, but my game is deleted and I have no access to footage of EOU. Mike with Gungnir is obviously Multi-continent level.

The Etrian Odyssey 4 endgame bosses should comfortably scale to Yggdrasil core.

Not too sure about the Classic Mode characters though. Their speed should be around Supersonic or Transonic though, seeing as they can dodge Wilhelm's gun attacks, and he uses a pistol in EO2.

That's all I have for now. Hope I helped in clarifying some of the stats. I want to make Frederica Irving's page, since she's my favorite character in Untold 1, but I suck at making pages hehe. Maybe I'll wait for Highlander's page so I can just rip off some of the stats from him? Alternatively, we could ask for help from other people.

I don't believe that the regular Untold cast can make use of Kupala's Soul. Kupala stated clearly that she was placing the power in the Highlander's Spear. I think those increased stats were just gameplay mechanics. Still, being able to defeat Etreant is pretty impressive, so it's not that huge of a gap. I'd say that Etreant should be placed at "At least Country level", just to be safe.

The thing I'm curious about is the Untold 2 cast. They were not only able to defeat the Overlord, but they were able to injure Yggdrasil Core in a similar manner to how Visil's Serum injured Primevil. That might make them equal to the Untold 1 cast, and the Overlord equal to Etreant. However, what of Bertrand? We know he drasically powers up as Demi-Fafnir, and it took a Black Guardian Fafnir Knight to stop him. This same Fafnir Knight defeats the Overlord, meaning?

Kupala's Soul Highlander should be equal to Primevil. However, Grail of Kings Fafnir should be greater than Yggdrasil Core. I agree with you there.

Massively Hypersonic speed seems fine to me. As it's a turn based game, our only real feats involve dodging lightning. I'm not sure if the Wyvern uses natural lightning, but I am certain that the Overlord does (Crashing Thunder skill), which scales to the Untold 2 cast.

M.I.K.E. was still able to put up a good fight to the Untold 1 cast even after they had defeated Etreant, meaning that he definitely scales. As for M.I.K.E. with Gungnir, that's pretty obvious. Multi-Continent level.

Classic Mode characters, I have put some thought into, and I believe that they should scale to the Dragons (Great Dragon, Storm Emperor, Blizzard King, Wyvern, and Fallen One). During one of the post-game quests in Untold 2 (not sure if it happened in the original or not), the Storm Emperor comes down from the Labyrinth and destroys High Lagaard's west ward. As High Lagaard is made up of six wards (North, South, East, West, Slums, and I forgot the name of the last one), Storm Emperor should reside at 1/6 of City level. Great Dragon and Blizzard King are comparable to Storm Emperor, and it took all three elemental dragons to seal the Fallen One, meaning that Fallen One is probably 1/2 City level. This probably makes Fallen One Low 7-B, which will likely scale to the Classic mode characters.

Anyway, I have no idea who to ask about for help. You are the only person I know on this wiki who has even heard of Etrian Odyssey. Still, in any case, I believe that if we are to recieve some good input, we should get an unbiased opinion, meaning we get someone who doesn't know the series to analyse our arguments. Got any friends on the wiki who fit that description?

Oh man... I was hoping for Multi-Continent level Ricky, but oh well. I thought that the rest of the team also received a power boost seeing as they deal enormous damage equal to Highlander's power boost, but yeah it might be game mechanics. So this means Ricky (And the rest) are Country level and Massively hypersonic? Cool.

I think Demi-Fafnir!Bertrand should be able to scale to Black Guardian Fafnir Knight. I mean, he was the previous FK. But he definitely doesn't scale to the Grail of Kings Fafnir Knight,

Maybe not friends in the wiki (I'm not that active after all), but maybe admins? Because I have to admit that it is hard when only two people know about Etrian Odyssey.

I'm not sure who to ask. Maybe one of the Discussion Monitors or the Calc Group.

Anyway, I believe that the Overlord should be fixed up first. He was never actually shown to use the Grail of Kings himself, unless he was technically using it all that time. Still, by following the previous argument, the Overlord should be equal to Etreant (makes sense, as they were both the original Final Bosses). I suggest removing the Key from Overlord's profile and just list him as At Least Country Level. This can scale to Black Guardian Fafnir, as well as Demi-Fafnir Bertrand.

After that, I suppose we could add the Highlander. He seems to have more consistent stats than Fafnir (who has four different forms, as opposed to Highlander's two).

Bump? Any input? I'd rather not go off and make changes until enerything is accepted.

Well, as soon as it's accepted, I'll be able to fix Overlord, as well as add profiles for Highlander, Ricky, Simon, Arthur, Raquna, Ren, Tlachtga, Visil, and M.I.K.E..

I don't know. I suppose I could send a message to one of their walls, but I don't know who to ask.

Thanks for reading our thread, Dark! All of our other arguments for the stats about the characters are also in the other thread referenced by Lasatar.

Overlord has been taken care of. Next up, M.I.K.E., followed by the Highlander. They will share much the same statistics.

M.I.K.E. is done. Highlander can come next. Shiny, if you want to do Ricky, you're welcome to.

Sorry it took so long, but Highlander has been taken care of. Ricky's stats should be able to be ripped from his base stats.

Also, just a question: Does Kupala's power Highlander scale to Kupala herself? I'm not sure.

Just checking. Although, seeing as how Kupala is able to summon creatures like Iwaropenelep pretty casually, she'd still be pretty high. How high? I don't know. Also, how's Ricky going?

Maybe below Etreant? You fight Iwaropenelep a stratum below him after all.

Still finding time to make it. I'll get to it later today, gotta do some grocery after all first.

Speaking of which, I'll go make the page for Visil/Etreant. As it's what many statistics are based off, it should be very helpful in making future profiles.

Visil's done. The untold cast should be able to be ripped from Etreant, due to them trading blows.

Whew, finally did Frederica's page. That was the very first page I made for the wiki! What a milestone, hehe.

You check it out and edit it if there is some error. Now, time to get back to my book report...

I changed the image size to what the standard format should use (400px), and changed Yggdrasil Core to Primevil. As there are two known Yggdrasil cores, it's probably best to use Priemvil for the original one, and Yggdrasil Corefor the one in Untold 2. Does that make sense?

Other than that, it's really good. Much better than my first page (take a look at Fatalis' revision history and you'll see. Hahaha).

Lasatar said:
I changed the image size to what the standard format should use (400px), and changed Yggdrasil Core to Primevil. As there are two known Yggdrasil cores, it's probably best to use Priemvil for the original one, and Yggdrasil Corefor the one in Untold 2. Does that make sense?
Other than that, it's really good. Much better than my first page (take a look at Fatalis' revision history and you'll see. Hahaha).
Oh, thanks! Didn't know there was a standard size hehe. And most of the stats were ripped from Etreant, so technically your effort went in it too, haha. Well, I'll try to make the others if I find the time.

The next batch can probably be done fairly quickly. I'm planning on doing Simon, Arthur, Raquna, Ren, and Tlachtga. If you want to do any of them, go ahead. I'm still not sure where Kupala would fall, though. After that, we can figure out where the Untold 2 cast will fall.

I'm thinking that base Fafnir (as a human) will scale to classic mode characters (which I worked out earlier would probably be low 7-B. In his first transformation, the last bosses he fought were Artelinde, Wilhelm, and Scylla. Got any idea on where they might fall?

Also, it seems like the Untold 2 cast is slightly more powerful than the Untold 1 cast. Not only did Fafnir oneshot Yggdrasil Core, but the rest of the party managed to wound Yggdrasil Core pretty badly without the help of any fancy Serum.

So base Fafnir is around Low 7-B. I'm guessing his first transformation will be higher than that, maybe 7-B? Then Black Guardian Fafnir should be around 6-B, due to defeating Overlord, who should be equal to Etreant.

Then comes Grail of kings Fafnir. He will be the God Tier of EO verse, "At least High 6-A, possibly higher" since he is so strong that he oneshot the Core. On a second thought, should Gungnir also be equal to Grail of Kings Fafnir due to both being able to oneshot the Cores?

I think the rest of the team in Untold 2 shouldn't scale. After all, they couldn't fight when Yggdrasil decided to get serious, so yeah. Because if this was the case, Black Guardian Fafnir should be as strong as Kupala Highlander, and I don't think that the power jump from 7-B (First transformation) to High 6-A would make sense. But then again, I don't think Base Fafnir should be Low 7-B only.

Anyways, Human Fafnir should be equal to his friends. Since even base Fafnir can hurt Overlord. Maybe like this:

Base (At least 6-B - Can damage Overlord) | First Transformation (At least 6-B, likely higher - Stronger than before) | Black Guardian (At least 6-B, likely 6-A - Superior to Overlord)

Thoughts?

That makes sense. I suppose that Ari, Flavio, Trand, and Chloe will scale to base Fafnir (therefore Overlord), while Demi-Fafnir Trand is equal to Black Guardian Fafnir. Actually, if you think about it, this fits in nicely with the lore; The Overlord was approached by many explorers prior to Fafnir and his group, but he killed all of them, and turned them into monsters (actually, there used to be a theory that the Juggernaught was actually Hrothgar, but seeing as how Hrothgar lives in story mode, it was disproved). This includes all of the Classic mode characters. Seeing as how the Overlord is a way higher tier than any of those characters could hope to be, it works out quite nicely.

In any case, I guess I'll go grab some screenshots of the other two transformations, because there isn't an official render for them anywhere (plus, I don't have photoshop).

So it goes like this, right?:

Base Fafnir, Arianna, Flavio, Base Bertrand, and Chloe: At least 6-B (can damage overlord)

Fafnir Fafnir: At least 6-B, Likely Higher (stronger than before)

Black Guardian Fafnir and Demi-Fafnir Bertrand: Possibly 6-A (power to keep Yggdrasil Core sealed for a limited time)

Grail of Kings Fafnir: At least High 6-A, possibly higher (massively superior to Yggdrasil Core)

K. And it looks like we'll be able to make Fafnir's page right away. Check these out (props to WeeklyBattles):

Fafnir Knight
Fafnir knight gold

Also, heck yeah for V and Untold 3. V is technically out in Japan. We just need to hope it arrives here (silently hopes it's released in Australia and not just America like what happened with II and III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back