• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I see...so it's precog come from feeling air with its fur to predict moves and not an actual pokemon move.

So....we allow pokemon access to all of their type abilities in a battle and not just 4....┬┐Por que?

Not that I have a problem with it. Considering the fact that almost all media which feature pokemon only allow them to use 4 or below moves at a time, I'm just wondering.

Honestly the moves for the pokemon should be all listed on the page. Even if Espeon does have Teleport, there's no reason for it to not have teleport on the page. The Precog should have the description for it too. I shouldn't have to ask for the information, it should be there.

I don't see why it wouldn't be. Pokemon seems to pull from the manga, anime, and games. As long as it doesn't contradict anything. Pokemon rangers are in all of the above. So the game about Pokemon Rangers should be canon, I'd imagine.

I mean, sometimes there are multiple canons for other verses but only one of them are selected. I was wondering if it was the same for Pokemon Rangers.

Pokémon Ranger is primary canon actually. Only slightly below the core games when it comes to it. Ranger is the only way to canonically obtain Manaphy.

So this is just teleport teleport gotcha.

-Magic Bounce: Espeon's hidden ability. It is immune to any moves that don't do damage. In fact, it reflects any moves that fit the bill, doing the effect to the opponent instead.

Does this consider stat reductions non damaging moves?

Yeah, Overlord was right. Espeon fra. Issei's Divide get's negged by the coat and Espeon can use her precog to see that she can win by just dodging all his attacks until the 88 minutes has passed. Issei can't even use his precog either due to the opponent not being feminine enough.

Yes. Literally anything that doesn't include direct damage gets passed to the original user instead. Even if it's laying down traps or stealing/disabling Espeon's ability.

I know I voted for Esp and this doesn't change that but how are traps not considered damage? Like if it's the type that restrains how exactly are you immune to being restrained?

Because magic. If it doesn't cause Espeon to say "ow", it gets reflected. You litter the battlefield with spikes? They're now you're problem. You surround Espeon with rocks that hurt anyone that switch in? They're surrounding you now. You shoot silk/web to bog down Espeon? You're bogged down instead. You sprinkle poison dust to poison Espeon? You're poisoned instead. You try to hypnotize Espeon? You're hypnotized instead.

It's a very broken ability, even in the game.

"espeon can use her precog to see that she can win by just dodging all his attacks until the 88 minutes has passed."

Even though Esp probably still wins...the precog doesn't work like this. It's pure battle precog, which can probably be circumvented to some extent by shock waves, given what I read about wind currents in the dex (Unless, of course there's some obscure panel in the Pokemon BLT,XYZ,Y2K,420 platinum adventure manga that shows otherwise....lol)

@Dragon

Future Sight has very limited use. At max it can only use it 16 times, and it doesn't predict attacks...it predicts where the opponent will be in order to land an attack.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Precognition means it sees what Issei is doing. Something that does not have a visible effect like Issei's boosting or could have multiple abilities that look like it like Issei's Divide on attacks would not be known to Espeon. Just being intelligent isn't enough to give you the explanation for your opponent's powers.
Doesn't Issei literally shout "Boost !" every time he boosts himself ?

Wouldn't that make it quite easy for Espeon to realize that Issei is boosting himself ?

Can't it just read his mind?

Regardless of that, it will notice almost certanly, and swapping stats will happen anyways once it realizes he is stronger.

DragonEmperor23 said:
No, because she doesn't know what Boost does. For all she knows, it's just to pump himself up.
Because if you were to fought someone and he were to suddenly shout "Boost !" the first thing you would think is that he's just getting pumped.

Espeon comes from a verse were simply growling is enought to cause a stat boost, so he would easilly figure out the situation.

Except you can easily tell that someone is boosting with a stat buff because they hit harder. But for Issei, all of his attacks will be destroying anything they hit so there isn't anything to prove that he's gotten any stronger.

Not really. If a Growlithe just growled, that automatically mean it just buffed itself. And there are no self buffing humans in Pokemon

Back