• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esdeath fights a pokemon...

Esdeath is a ******, but she isn't stupid enough to weaken herself by using a time Stop and not go for the kill, in fact, she has legit never done that

Susanoo, she shattered the core

Mine she tried to kill instantly

3rd time she time stops and instantly one shots Tatsumi and flash freezes every fodder she sees.

Flash freezing it once will make her want to kill it so it won't work, but after time Stop she will freeze it and she will not give it a chance to escape

Not like it matters, since I'm pretty sure Amp being vastly superior to 30 Gigatons means this fight is a bit stompish.

Light screen + stat boosts will still be active during time stop, meaning Amphy should be able to tank her attacks until time stop wears off.

Unless she's instantly time-stopped against someone she's never fought before?

Also yeah, given the whole 4KM range max in SBA, Amphy can spam electric moves, some of which are omnidirectional, from the start. And if she lives those they have a good chance of paralysing her. Unless Esdeath goes tens of kilometers away from Amphy, range shouldn't matter.

Amphy wins with a lot less difficulty than I originally thought

Esdeath has no-sold paralyzation from the Teigu Heavy Impact and she actually has the range advantage over Ampy in this fight which has been one of the advantages she's held since the start of this discussion.

Amphy's only advantage in this fight is AP and Durability, Esdeath holds everything else through versatility of her ice or resistance to Amphy's versatility besides hard hitting abilities.

Range advantage doesn't mean much when you're both within solid range of one another's attacks.

And if what Gargoyle says is right, Mega Ampharos does a lot more damage than I initially thought.

Amphy one shots her cavalry, breaks out of flash freeze and has defensive options to significantly widen the already wide durability gap to tank her ice moves/destroy the ice with the omnidirectional discharge. Amphy can also break out of flash freeze with brute force, tho it will take a bit of time.

Legit Esdeath's only decisive win-con that I see here is time stopping before Amphy boosts/charges and one shots her.

But I'm tired where I am so maybe I'm missing something

I have to repeat again on the Flash Freeze, as it can work on Amphy, how does he resist being frozen down? Esdeath has shattered things that's she's frozen meaning she entirely freezes them. This would work on Amphy due to his weakness to ice.

Pretty much none of Amphy's status abilities would work on Esdeath so Amphy could only go for attack. Everything from Esdeath would work and she has several means of defense through Ice Armor, Ice Shields and Ice Walls. She has the more spammable attacks through projectiles in larger numbers and help through Ice Calvary. With Flash Freezing and Time Stop she could pull wins.

Also, given Pokemon, how do we know how Amphy acts in a battle? Do we assume he starts stacking his own stats? Go through status inducement moves on his opponent or open with moves like Thunder? He could waste time if he tried status moves that don't work.

We tend to look at the pokedex definitions and see if there is anything that could help there incharacter action wise

Well then that won't be much help, because almost every single dex entrey talks about how bright it is. As in light not smarts. It can be seen from space apperently.

Being broken into pieces via freezing should be checked by durability— unless you wanna try freezing a diamond until absolute zero. Sure, she could freeze him, but no guarantee if she can hold him for long with fire moves AND higher AP.

Just because Time Stop and Ice works doesn't mean she insta-wins. Amphy surviving a round of that is likely, and him making himself more resistant to her offense and himself stronger for some attacks. Even without the boosts, Amphy's taking only a third of what would normally put him on his ass from an ice type of his exact strength. Adding boosts on that almost erases her advantage with typing, and boosting his offense makes her defenses even smaller. Unless Esdeath has knowledge of all of this and kills it ASAP, even if Amphy is staking up towards the later half of the fight, he reduces her damage to nothing and wins.

Let me re-explain why:

Ampharos is Thicc (compared to Mons on his level). Mega Ampharos is extra Thicc (again, by comparison).

Things that boost his defenses; Cotton Guard (drastically, "physically" if we even need a distinction between having the durability to take solid, tangible shards of ice against the body with the physical stat, and the more "mental" special defense stat), Light Screen (special defense, so if we ignore that difference, it's just more durability), and Magnetic Flux (for both types of defenses, with his Plus ability).

Ampharos' Durability scales to his AP, being comparable to other versions of itself and Mons of equal level. All of this makes her 1/3 damage to that durability (which was boosted) far weaker.

Then, we have him Growling at her to "lower her attack" however that works. So if we treat it like Ice Shard, making the move "Physical", then it's almost worthless. Most shit that isn't an energy beam or a mental attack should be physical imo, but let's not bother with that.

We have Cotton Spore lowering her speed— that brightness distracting her, a fire punch that might not be boosted but with the AP gap it's definitely more likely to break than if it was equal to her Ice Walls. Fairly certain that the significant AP difference weakens that fire resistance, unless she's had shields that took stronger fire damage.

And omnidirectional discharge that probably would shatter that same Ice with a good Charge— which makes his defenses increase further AND blasts her shields with a 60+++ GT blast of electricity that she HAS to take with a shield or her body.

Yeah. Esdeath loses.

I agree with most of what you said, cept that Magnetic Flux won't work as Mega Ampharos only has the Mold Breaker ability, and the battle says that Amphy is already mega evolved.

Fire moves don't mean anything when she and her ice are resistant to constant heat that can instantly skeletonize a person. The only issue is AP, but what does AP do when you have no body leverage from flash freezing that you are also weak to and can entirely freeze you? Not much.

Amphy's state amplication work for himself, but moves like Growl and other status inducement/manipulation to Esdeath won't give the resistances she has and has displayed in AGK. Pretty much all of Amphy's moves that aren't damage base won't work on her.

Plus she can stack durability. Her Ice Walls and Ice Shields can be multi-layered and her Ice Armor can increase in size to make a Mech around her.

However, this fight is probably null at this point since Esdeath will probably be getting upgraded to the next tier.

However, this fight is probably null at this point since Esdeath will probably be getting upgraded to the next tier.

Oof

I don't see resistance to statistics manipulation on her page.

But she is 6-B now with commander in chief.

Without that though, you're wrong. Even vaporizing a person is only, what, Town Level at wank? This is Island Level Heat from a character with way more firepower than that ice has shown Resistance to, literally.

4+++ GT Ice mech is nothing to a 30 to 60+++ GT Thunder. By, like, more than 7 times.

Resistance to statistics manipulation should be via Growl being a sound based attack. Sound based attacks don't work on Esdeath the two times she's been hit with sound attacks that have abilities to them that affect the target.

She is 6-B with Commander in Chief's environmental damage, but not AP. She is going to be upgraded to having AP in the 6-B range and I'd be surprised if one of the results won't yield low 6-A even.

Are you comparing AP to heat? Why? The heat from the fire moves won't melt or even affect the ice due to the heat it has resisted.

Guys.

Stop with 6B, please, we are going through hell trying to decide

But we're still debating what the calc yields, and I don't want paragraphs of debates ending in nothing, so hold off until then

Gonna hop on Pkmn Showdown HackMons and play with Mega Lucario then. Don't we translate AP from heat on this wiki? That's what Charizard's feat is about, right? The reverse should apply. Anyway, reply when it's decided.

Back