• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burning_Full_Fingers

VS Battles
Retired
Fire vs ice. Should be simple enough. The fight takes place outside Camelot. They start 300 meters away from each other. Both are in character. It's 9 in the morning.

Escanor: 8

Gray: 1

Standard Battle Assumptions

Young Escanor
Gray Devil
This is Unarmed Escanor and Post Timeskip Devil Slayer Gray. Basically High 7-A versions. Speed is equalized. Who wins?

Escanor via experience, the fact he will keep getting stronger the longer the fight lasts and the passive heat he emits weakening Gray's ice.

Can Escanor melt any ice weapos Gray wants to make? If so, Escanor wins this because Gray won't be able to reach his full AP. If not, I think Gray can win due to range, versatility, and intelligence.

Given that the ambient temperature around Escanor when he is just standing there not exerting himself is enough to melt metal, stone, city lvl enemies and everyone remotely comprable to Gray can easily destroy his ice (even demons) I doubt Gray is going to get much use out of his ice.

Even if Gray got up to his full AP it probably wouldn't matter since Escanor's durability is getting on for island level where as Gray needs a bloodlust boost and 3-5 hits to down and not even seriously/fataly injure a mountain lvl.

Gray doesn't have much of an edge (if any) in intelligence thanks to Escanor's experience (and the fact that Escanor is about as intelligent as Gray anyway). furthur most of Gray's stratigies rely on his versatiliy which is nullified by Escanor just melting his ice.

It is true that Escanor has a massive heat aura whenever he is close to Noon. My vote goes to Escanor (although it kinda feels like a counter/mismatch)

Well, Escanor can't melt demon slayer ice as not even Natsu can so that is irrelavant. Also this can easily be inconclusive with iced shell sealing thou I will assume he ain't using that so I give the win to Escanor as his experience should be enough for him overwhelm Gray in close combat.

UcHuman said:
Actually, post timeskip, natsu melted ice that was stated to be superior to devil slayer ice.
You are referring to Invel's ice and Invel stated and showed his ice was superior to base Gray ice but later on he was overwhelmed by Devil slaying ice.

Went to go reread the fight. Invel was overpowering Base Gray's ice with brute force, so you are right there. However, Invel was able to stand up to Gray and suprise him with the blizzard, which Natsu casually broke out of, and broke lucy and happy out of by being nearby, and Natsu was only in his 7-A form at that point. I'm not sure we can use Gray's fire resistance here.

Dude it's irrelevant I am talking about Devil slayer ice the same one that Silver used to freeze Natsu completly and no one has ever melted ice of ethier Silver or Gray as demon slayer not Natsu not even a Dragon made of flames them selfs so yes Escanor's heat can't melt it ethier.

You're right in that nobody has melted Gray's ice, but I think it's outrageous to say that Gray's ice could never be melted. That would be a huge no limits fallacy. However, fire mages at high 7-A (END Natsu) did struggle against Gray's ice. This could be a clouded fact though because Natsu was in a demon form against a demon slayer, but I digress. Given this logic, Escanor shouldn't be able to melt Gray's ice at the start of the match, but he should be able to melt it later on as his power increases.

I am saying Escanor can just break his ice but he can't melt it also because no matter how much his power goes up we are still limiting him on high 7-A.

He doesn't get his power boost over time? Ok, yeah he can break the ice but Gray should still be able to use them. Escanor shouldn't be able to no sell. Let me do a bit more research before i make my decision.

It just goes against his very nature to stay at one power level.

If Gray can use his weapons, I give the win to him.

Well, we need to make fair match ups cause it's obvious island lvl dude beats large mountain one in pure raw power.

I've seen matchups where Escanor gained power over time, and it wasn't explicitly stated he can't here, so I was just misinformed. It doesn't matter anyways, my vote is still on Gray.

Gray's high 7-A justification is shakey and requires him to be bloodlusted. Then we have Escanor who is high 7-A at minimum.

Why are we nerfing Escanor when it will take him 2 - 3 hours to get to island level and Gray has lost iced shell (or just regular iced shell) a high 6-C sealing spell to force a tie? It's like you have no faith that Gray could end the fight quickly.

@fingers: If Escanor can power up to the top end of high 7-A that pretty much makes him a 6-C and Gray is, as far as i can tell, on the low end of high 7-A so if you let Escanor just power up that much he would probably oneshot. That said just how long do you expect this fight to last?

@shadow: Given how powerful the regular version is depicted as being I can't imagine it is much weaker; Heck with Finger's nerfing it won't matter if the regular version is just high 7-A.

• sighs
If I allow Escanor to reach Island level, it turns into a one-sided match. If it doesn't matter if he's High 7-A or not, just leave it as it is. I'm not comfortable with allowing something like that, which is why I allowed Natsu access to LFD in my thread for him against Escanor. Gray doesn't have anything like that, so please bear with it.

Alright i'll begrugingly agree to your terms if only because of Escanor's power advantage equalising Gray's unlikely to be used insta tie.

Not sure how many but we all voted for Escy so it should be 7 at this point.

Edit: 8:1 as UcHuman voted for Gray i suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back