• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ What @Cropfist said. Erza has the skills and AP to keep up with Ryuko for a few moments but I don't see what she has in her arsenal that can put Ryuko down.

Erza is highly skilled and a huge arsenal but none of it can put Ryuko down for good, voting Ryuko

Well Erza can command hundreds of swords at her will. She can easily mimic scissor cuts to prevent Ryuko from regenerating. This can also deal with Ryuko's afterimages by just launching swords in multiple directions.

Also potentially she can cut through Senketsu with her Nakagami Starlight, cutting space and basically preventing the fibers from regenerating.

Leaning towards Erza for now until further replies.

Erza can't command hundreds of swords at will casually. First of all; her limit is 200 weapons. Second of all; it places great strain on her. Summoning even a few dozen weapons is not something she can do casually and she needs time to focus. The best she's shown in fast paced combat is only several.

Soldier Blue said:
Erza can't command hundreds of swords at will casually. First of all; her limit is 200 weapons. Second of all; it places great strain on her. Summoning even a few dozen weapons is not something she can do casually and she needs time to focus. The best she's shown in fast paced combat is only several.
She has controlled dozens of weapons when she was only a child. When she summoned ~200 swords it was fairly early in the series. She has since improved her magic tremendously after the timeskips and Second Origin. Also Ryuko was never shown to create large numbers of afterimages so even 20 will be more than enough to take care of that.

She also battled 100 monsters at the same time during the GMG that had different abilities.She analyzed every opponent immediately and then combined armors with different or specific weapons to combat specific monsters. She's more than equipped to handle multiple opponent's at the same time.

I wasn't saying Erza is not effective against mutiple enemies. Just wanted to point out that controlling hundreds of swords with TK is not something she can casually pull off.

Erza can't do a lot here Ryuko has definetly the upper hand and Erza can use only couple of dozens of sword without getting particularly tired or exhausted.

Vote for Ryuko

So I counted the votes, but I believe some of them might be wrong.

Ryuko : 5

Cropfist, Byakushiki Setsura, Soldier Blue, WeeklyBattles, WilliamShadow

Erza : 1

ScarletFirefly

Okay, I go for Ryüko because of her Regenerationn and reactive evolution. Erza isn't going to know to mimic scissor cuts and Ryüko might keep on developing counters to her armors depending on how the fight goes.

You should really equalize speed here. Ryuko is Mach 4500+ while Erza is around Mach 1300~1400. She'll get blitzed

This is meant for Soldier that said throwing this many swords drains her. I mentioned earlier that Ryuko's afterimages are not many so this many swords are more than enough.

Erza is able to launch a dozen swords casually

Also able to do this while being bound and not using Heaven's Wheel

Erza is a highly skilled combatant, capable of analyzing techniques just after seeing them. Ryuko is very foolhardy, hasty and her battle experience is lacking especially at this time. Her combat style consists of "screaming and swinging at the opponent". She's extremely easy to anger and hates when things doesn't go her way. Senketsu is a more calm individual however and can help devise a battle strategy as long as Ryuko can follow that.

That said, if Erza isn't getting knowledge and/or Nakagami Armor, Ryuko craps on her due to regen alone. It's not likely Erza will figure it out, unless Ryuko tells her herself (not outside the realm of possibility)

Another thing that comes to mind right now, is the fact that Ryuko can still be knocked out, bypassing her regen and winning via time-out. Just leaving this here.

She does have her Nakagami Armor here. And how will she be knocked out when Ryüko will probably get stronger than Erza over the course of the fight?

Ryuko gets stronger the closer she is to dying, not over the course of the fight. Erza will realize she regens and will try to knock her out as soon as possible. Ryuko won't get a power boost from that.

Erza doesn't really stick to one armor for long so adapting to it is hard. At most I see her adapting to her elemental attacks, which isn't all that useful.

If she adapts to her elemental attacks, she'll be forced to use her other armors more frequently which will mean Ryüko will have repeated exposure to them and will adapt somehow at one point. This is why Reactive Evolution is confusing because I don't know exactly how she might possibly adapt.

Anyway since Erza also has Nakagami armor she could win since her fast armor change which takes no magical energy away from her would make Ryuko's evolution much slower and with ignoring durabilty and nullifying power Ryuko would have to go into a close combat where Nakagami starlight can take her out without problems just like Minerva was at her maximum but got one shot by Nakagami starlight since it ignores durabilty.

Yeah I change my vote for Erza.

Just wanna say something here.

While it's true that Nakagami ignores Durability, it is not a fact that Senketsu or Ryuko will not regen from the slash.

Yeah,but she would be on the ground after an attack that ignores durabilty and Erza can just attack again while she is recovering since it's not instant full power Ryuko.

Does no one consider the fact she needs time to regenerate after getting almost knockout? Just like Minerva on town lvl got reckt by that one attack only.

... Ignoring durabilty would mean regenarating her stamina, which is not instantaneous plus if you say it that way,by your logic Ryuko will just keep regenarating and there is absolutely no battle here. Which is ridiculous and just a stomp match.

Exactly what I said above. Ryuko's regen screws Erza over big time unless she gets knowledge to how it works.

@William Ryuko's regen is good enough to heal her from being cut into pieces, fast enough to keep up with the attacks and damage dealt by people just as fast as her, and doesnt require stamina in order to maintain

^well of course she figures it out if she sees it like really we talk about a person that figured weakness of different type of monsters in an instant and in just like a two-three minutes of battle figured three different weaknesses of midnights power and how to counter them

WilliamShadow said:
^well of course she figures it out if she sees it like really we talk about a person that figured weakness of different type of monsters in an instant and in just like a two-three minutes of battle figured three different weaknesses of midnights power and how to counter them
That's because Erza was exposed to Midnight's Reflector.

Since Erza doesn't know how it works, the only way is by trial and error. For Erza to actually have a chance to figure out how Ryuko's regen works, she has to cut her with a scissor motion, observe she can't regen, and make the decision that's a weakness. Erza doesn't actually have any attacks that cut from both sides simultaneously like scissors.

@William How would Erza figure out that she would have to cut Ryuko from both sides at the exact same time in order to stop her from regenerating? Erza has never dealt with Life Fibers before, and that one specific weakness isnt just something you can figure out just by looking at them...

If only Erza had knowledge (thanks Cal) both sides could make an argument. As it stands, Erza can't put her down for good.

Than this is hax stomp lol since you people clearly said Erza can't win a single way. Even thou Erza figured out so many weakness of her enemies in such a short amount of time,but apprently now she can't.

I wouldn't say hax stomp since technically it's not hax (if anything Erza is more haxed than her xD) but this doesn't change the fact that Erza's chances of winning are slim at best. Perhaps a rematch with knowledge?

Will someone explain me this. One of the characters has 0% chance of winning as you are clearly all saying,but it's not a stomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back