• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Studio Trigger's Tomboys (Amanda O'Neill vs Ryūko Matoi)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Got this idea while browsing through the LWA Reddit. I swear if this is a stomp again I will go insane
Amanda: 0Ryuko: 0Incon: 0
*Speed Equalized (Pretty sure without this Ryuko would be 2x faster which would be bad as she has amps)
*Starting distance is 50 meters
*Post 3-Star Absorption Ryuko used
*Considering giving prior knowledge depending on what gets brought up

Already tried this matchup.
OK you really should've tagged that match. This is apparently the first time I've used Amanda's character tag

Also you didn't equalize speed last time. According to that one comment, her speed upscales through her keys so I'm pretty sure just equalizing speed should be fine

Last edited:
This fight comes down to whoever hits the other first as they can both one-shot each other.
Indeed

Now, I won't argue on this, Ryuko is definitely more skilled in combat with what little I remember of the series (I still remember that infamous Satsuki vs Meliodas thread)

However Amanda does outrange with her attacks. If I recall correctly, the 6-A is from the Scissor Blade itself (Cutting power I recall)

Seems to me like Ryuko with type 3 immo on a High-Mid regen is enough to tank attacks enough for her to take an attack (if she takes) until she reduces her distance (which should be "hundreds of meters" according to Amanda's range section).

Besides "Hundreds of meters" being an easy to distance to reduce with their speed and High-Mid-Regen-Immo-type-3, I call for another point in Ryuko's favor which is the intelligence. See, they're technically both Gifted combat-wise but if we compare what both sections say, we definitely can say Ryuko's on a favorable situation on this matter...I mean, not to disrespect Amanda or anything (idek her Animanga yet) but take a look at this
Unknown. Gifted in combat (Has great skill with broom flying, swordplay and dancing)
What she's using in her favor is the range but her intelligence highlights on the same level how she can dance and swordplay and not even mention magic?

Ryuko FRA. Hope I haven't unintentionally turned this into a stomp

Seems to me like Ryuko with type 3 immo on a High-Mid regen is enough to tank attacks enough for her to take an attack (if she takes) until she reduces her distance (which should be "hundreds of meters" according to Amanda's range section).
Uh so, Amanda actually has Regen-Negation up to Low-High (It's somewhere around the resistance section in her magic tab). It's actually why I picked this Ryuko key

Amanda’s intelligence is kinda shit rn, but she’s battled an immortal demon that has seen the past, present, and future all at once multiple times, beaten dragons, the Ghost Witch, which the professors, which should be masters of magic for several decades, perceived as a threat, and assisted in the defeat of Croix’s pixels, the big bad of the franchise.

Also Amanda and lots of other witches in the series use transmutation as a first attack. Metamorphosis Magic is like the easiest spell for witches to learn and they use it often when dealing with threats. She could potentially just fire a transmutation spell and on contact turn Ryuko into a bunny or something.

I would love to talk more but apparently I missed something on Amanda's profile and idk both shows lol

Don't know both series super well, but this is starting to look like 'Fight determined by range' situation.

If Amanda can transmute and neg Ryuko's regen at a massive range advantage, doesn't seem like Ryuko has any viable options to even fight without arguing the skill would let her close the gap.

Conversely, seems if Ryuko is in range, the arguments for skill and oneshot take over and Amanda it oneshot-skill stompped off the bat.

So unless I'm missing something or don't know either series well enough, seems like this is one of those matches where the winner is the battle conditions themselves...

So Ryuko's own range attacks DON'T scale to the higher attack potency though? Since it says she has kilometers but only 6-A with her scissor blade?

Yeah that's the ONLY factor here that I think that draws the line between 'Battle Condition causes stomp' or 'viable matchup'...And I just don't think I can give enough input beyond that concern this fight might be one of those 'stomp or be stomped' situations...

Speed Equalized (Pretty sure without this Ryuko would be 2x faster which would be bad as she has amps)
Are they combat applicable here? Cause re-reading through to see if I can find a way to make this work better...I don't see where she amps beyond 'synchronizing better', but would she 'synchronize better' at all?

If she boosts her speed and has some decent skill advantages, then yeah I actually could see a decent argument that she's able to dodge the ranged attacks, avoiding the abilities that would one-shot her, and allow her to close the gap to have her own win-con.

But it looks like the RE needs her to be close to death? But that seems to be valueless here since Amanda's win-cons seem like oneshots. And what's the context of 'synchronizing better' then? What triggers that?

I haven't seen this artist in 500 years holy shit

Ryuko probably wins by sheer regeneration withstanding most of Amanda's arsenal + superior stats

Ryuko probably wins by sheer regeneration withstanding most of Amanda's arsenal + superior stats
Also Amanda and lots of other witches in the series use transmutation as a first attack. Metamorphosis Magic is like the easiest spell for witches to learn and they use it often when dealing with threats. She could potentially just fire a transmutation spell and on contact turn Ryuko into a bunny or something.
Uh so, Amanda actually has Regen-Negation up to Low-High (It's somewhere around the resistance section in her magic tab). It's actually why I picked this Ryuko key

Ryuko needs to get in super close and specifically hit her with the Rending Scissors in the face in order to 1 shot.

meanwhile Amanda can literally do anything to 1 shot, and can bypass her regeneration by burning her to a crisp or freezing her, or anything else she has in her arsenal, plus she has vastly superior range. I'm pretty sure it's in-character for her to just use a normal elemental attack.

Ryuko won't be able to outgrow her off the bat since she requires actually being in combat for extended periods of time in order to get stronger, but she can't do that if she's just 1 shot by everything

Ryuko won't be able to outgrow her off the bat since she requires actually being in combat for extended periods of time in order to get stronger, but she can't do that if she's just 1 shot by everything
Technically I do recall in her intelligence section that she has figured out that she can just hurt herself to trigger her amps

Back