• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Epic (Cool Dudes Only) Dungeons and Dragons Discussion Thread

Am I the only Baldur's Gate player who doesn't like Astarion that much lmao
I don't think he's super cool or anything but he's alright

really handy as a skill monkey and for sneak attack boosts

Gale and Shadowheart are probably my favorites in terms of just character

I don't think he's super cool or anything but he's alright

really handy as a skill monkey and for sneak attack boosts

Gale and Shadowheart are probably my favorites in terms of just character
Shadowheart's good, yeah. Personally Wyll is my favorite so far, although I don't think I've met every potential party member yet so I'll see if that changes.

I believe they added more since I last played, I only know whoever was in the base EA.

giphy.gif

I truly wish there wasn't romance in the game as it makes me feel icky

I truly wish there wasn't romance in the game as it makes me feel icky
By the way, I'm planning to play a bard for whatever next thing you run that I can join.

This isn't a haha funny and I will probably not be pursuing typical bard-like activities I just thought it'd be mildly humorous to mention it now

Either that or a Gnome Druid, which I know is something you're also a fan of

By the way, I'm planning to play a bard for whatever next thing you run that I can join.

This isn't a haha funny and I will probably not be pursuing typical bard-like activities I just thought it'd be mildly humorous to mention it now

skeleton divine death blast

listen man i just wanna be tom bombadil ok he is literally me

Spoilers for the undoubted countless people who are in the middle of the Venn diagram of "VSBW users" and "Currently going through Sunless Citadel, a specific 3.5e module".

Meepo was just a dude we found, a weak kobold who was basically the janitor of a larger kobold force, and after the campaign, @Armorchompy looked him up and said "huh, Meepo has multiple appearances"

which was odd, because we thought Drite made him up

NOPE

Meepo, after being a janitor, canonically joined a guerilla army force (sorta-kinda implied to be the Cuban military) IN THE REAL WORLD, and became armed with a MOSSBERG SHOTGUN. IN DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS.

After returning from the real world, Meepo became a godly general of the kobolds, and was clad in ******* white dragon scales in memory of the dragon he looked after. The one he cleaned the poop of. He is a high-level threat whose backstory is he cleaned the shit of a dragon he liked once.

I ******* hate Meepo, page presumably coming soon.
Little buddy has a page now.

listen man i just wanna be tom bombadil ok he is literally me
tom bombadil is cool, he gets a pass, but I probably would go something other than a gnome for him, no? he's not a hobbit but he's closer to them than a gnome.

Either way you'll never be in one of my games anyways because you're in Europe and I work night shift lmao

I mean the Bard is a fantastic class, it just has some weird stereotypes

tom bombadil is cool, he gets a pass, but I probably would go something other than a gnome for him, no? he's not a hobbit but he's closer to them than a gnome.

Either way you'll never be in one of my games anyways because you're in Europe and I work night shift lmao
i wish to seek the spirit not the specifics and being a tiny goofy guy i think fits

It's fine I'll just snipe out whatever one-shot you do

Last edited:
Meepo, after being a janitor, canonically joined a guerilla army force (sorta-kinda implied to be the Cuban military) IN THE REAL WORLD, and became armed with a MOSSBERG SHOTGUN. IN DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS.
That was actually a thing 3e noted explicitly
Very High Tech

You could create a setting with very high technology. Perhaps a starship from a much more highly advanced civilization landed or crashed in the campaign world. The crash might have happened long ago, so that now the starship is a mysterious, specialized dungeon setting in its own right, with a special sort of magic (advanced technology) and monsters (surviving aliens and robots). Or perhaps the advanced civilization was native to the campaign world but is now long gone, leaving behind remnants of its ancient cities filled with strange secrets, which now form sites for adventures. In such a campaign, you could decide that many of the strange creatures found in the world result from ancient genetic engineering. Finally, perhaps members of some advanced civilization have come to the campaign world with their advanced science and now serve as patrons or overlords. They dole out their technology in small doses to those who serve them well.

No matter what way you use to place high-tech items in your game, they should always be like very rare magic items or artifacts—difficult or impossible to reproduce. Treating them as artifacts (see Chapter 8: Magic Items) is most appropriate. They shouldn't dominate the game, but should serve as an occasional diversion. It's fun for some players for their characters to occasionally use a big gun against the dragon rather than a sword, and it's an interesting diversion to run into a warbot in a dungeon rather than a band of trolls. But in a fantasy game, most players don't want to do that every day.

Some advanced technological weapons are detailed below. These weapons have no cost listed, because they cannot be manufactured. They can only be found as artifacts.

These weapon statistics also show how to rate something in your game that you might not know how to handle. Since you probably have a good idea what a pistol is like, or a laser, you can deal with such situations on firmer ground. For example, you might want to develop a trap that fires large needles rapidly. You could use the statistics for an automatic rifle or extrapolate from them to get what you want. When explaining the trap, you could even describe it to the players as resembling a machine gun to help them understand it.
Also an Anti-Matter Rifle only deals 6d10 damage and consumes 0.5 pounds of ammo in two shots. Ergo more Low 7-B support.

Having played more BG3, I think by far the funniest thing I've encountered is "Objective Complete: Save Mayrina" followed immediately by "Mayrina has perished in a chasm".

Having played more BG3, I think by far the funniest thing I've encountered is "Objective Complete: Save Mayrina" followed immediately by "Mayrina has perished in a chasm".
never said she had to stay saved, after all

I shall air my grievance here

I hate high tier matches, I hate using gods or anybody your PCs probably wouldn't even see in a campaign for VS matches

I'd even be cool with excessive spam of the Smurf Caste (6-C to High 6-A) coz there are cool ************* in that caste

Use Kargoth the Betrayer, use Karsus, use Iggwilv. Or, better yet, use even lower guys. Strahd goes crazy. He's awesome.

end rant

hate using gods or anybody your PCs probably wouldn't even see in a campaign for VS matches
My main issue with most of them is more thst their powers are explained vaguely, so it leads to people massively inflating what they can actually do.

Like everyone 1-A hax when that has no backing.

Sans the spells but yeah, people take that and extrapolate from it a lot.

It's just mind numbing that after all these years we're still just on the damn gods.

I shall air my grievance here

I hate high tier matches, I hate using gods or anybody your PCs probably wouldn't even see in a campaign for VS matches

I'd even be cool with excessive spam of the Smurf Caste (6-C to High 6-A) coz there are cool ************* in that caste

Use Kargoth the Betrayer, use Karsus, use Iggwilv. Or, better yet, use even lower guys. Strahd goes crazy. He's awesome.

end rant
Use Vhailor, he's badass and not a haxlord

Regarding Baldur's Gate stuff: companions might be able to get keys for their stuff pre-Infection, since dialogue seems to imply that they were a lot stronger before the tadpole infection. I've reached the end of Act One, taking my time with it personally, so I don't know if that gets expanded upon more.

Karlach and Wyll were probably Tier 8 to 7 before the Infection, Lae'zel was also at least 8, and Gale is... something, at least.

It's not even Shadowheart though smh

Request for the thread:

Everyone give me a number between 7-199. I'm picking random monsters to make pages for and I may as well be inclusive about the whole affair.

Edit: the profiles so far, for the record.

Back