• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
For the past several months from getting into the games and checking out the profiles, I’ve always found things strange with how the profiles are handled.

Missing EBF 1-2 Keys

For some odd reason, Matt, Natalie, and Lance don’t have any keys for their EBF 1 & 2 appearances (2 only for the latter) despite how there isn’t anything stating those games aren’t canon. In fact, Goku from EBF 1 was referenced on a tombstone in EBF 4.

From looking through previous page revisions, it seems like those keys existed at one point which was ranked 5-A but were removed because the game that feat was featured in, Brawl Royale, wasn’t canon to the main EBF 1-4+BH2 timeline. However, at the end of EBF 1, Matt and Natalie survive Goku’s self destruction which was calculated at 6-A+, and despite the game implying that they died due to “sacrificed” being mentioned, the second game confirms they survived, albeit with heavy injuries, which means it should be fine for them to scale to it, even if it’s a downscale. It’s pretty consistent given how EBF 2 introduces Ion which fires a laser that was calculated to yield Low 6-B power.

Heaven’s Gate

It still seems to scale to the 5-A feat done in Brawl Royale which as stated earlier isn’t canon to the main timeline. Another thing that bothers me is that it’s 5-A yet it can harm Akron who is High 4-C. So, I believe it should just get separate keys based on what it can harm in each game.

Ion Cannon

It should get an EBF 5 key that’s rated Low 2-C since it can harm the Devourer. Simple as that.

Cosmic Monolith

Seems like a mess. It’s 4-B, yet the note claims it’s based on its EBF 5 appearance, despite how it can literally harm the Devourer when it’s used as a summon? They don’t even seem to have EBF 3 & 4 keys despite them appearing in those games where they can put a difficult fight with the late game parties of both games, so I propose they should get 3 keys based on their appearance in 3, 4, and 5 respectively.

Slimes

These is probably the trickier ones considering how inconsistent they are depending on how early or late into the game you’re in. But, considering how Slimes encountered in late game areas can somewhat harm the party with the bigger variants dealing more damage, I’d say they should get a varies rating depending on how early or late into the game you’re in as well as the area you encounter them. But since there are 5 games in total, that would require more keys to being made.

As for the Slime Bunny, the profile claims that they can’t do any damage despite how in the full version of Bullet Heaven 2, it is a playable character that can fight off against the same enemies that Matt and the others can fight off using carrots. Furthermore, it’s been revealed to have been following the party in Level 9 which shows that it’s able to keep up with them in speed.

As for Lifting Strength, the justification for the Regular Slime and Slime Bunny’s lifting strength should be changed since causing an infestation isn’t really a feat of lifting strength, but rather just making a horde which isn’t that special. The Big Slimes should have their Unknown rating changed to Athletic Human scaling from the King Slime.

Speed should get the similar treatment to their AP which should be varying depending on how early or late into the game you’re in, with the lowest rating scaling to Subsonic from them dodging arrows, and the highest scaling from either FTL (EBF3 & 4) or MFTL+ (BH2 & EBF5) depending on the game.

Godcat

This one’s a bit of a sketch, but given how Godcat created Earth and its inhabitants, they would eventually make computers which would later cause the Glitch to be created, a being with literally infinite offensive stats. Given how Godcat provided the very materials on Earth for the Glitch to be formed, especially since she created Akron as well as her avatars’ mechs, she should be ranked High 3-A scaling from the Glitch. This would only scale to her true form given how the Glitch’s literal infinite offensive stats keep one-shotting Matt’s party.

TL;DR
  • Matt, Natalie, and Lance should get EBF 1 & 2 keys (2 only for Lance) scaling to 6-A+
  • Heaven’s Gate gets additional keys dependent on the game
  • Ion Cannon should get an EBF 5 key
  • Cosmic Monolith should get EBF 3, 4, and 5 keys
  • Slimes should get a varies tier in AP and speed depending on how late you encounter them in the games as well as lifting strength changes, as well as Slime Bunny becoming 4-B due to its playable appearance in Bullet Heaven 2
  • True Godcat gets a High 3-A rating

Last edited:
I no absolutely nothing about this verse but still I think reading it it makes sense nonetheless and the calcs are fine so at the very least I agree to those
(Gonna bookmark this because those are helpful calcs)

Yeah, I grew up with the games but only 3 and almost beaten 4 before the games became unavailable to me.

I agree with everything except... the Glitch may need some elaboration for its "infinite offensive stats" to translate to the High 3-A rating you are aiming for. Glitch may need a profile, if Godcat is scaling off of it.

I came here to check on this.

If I recall correctly, I based the 4-B deal on the fact that while Cosmic Monoliths are still fodder enemies, keep that in mind, they contained actual stars within them in Epic Battle Fantasy 4.

I actually wrote a CRT on The Devourer detailing how Devourer worked as a summon. Basically, you summon him and he erases everything: https://vsbattles.com/threads/epic-battle-fantasy-crt-the-devourer.111873/

Oh, and he would get a possible if not definite 2-C rating there.

the Glitch may need some elaboration for its "infinite offensive stats" to translate to the High 3-A rating you are aiming for.
When the Glitch attacks you in the game, it deals infinite damage that is displayed as 0 (Don’t mind Matt surviving it, he only had the Morale status up). Plus, checking the game’s file confirms it has infinite attack and magic.
If I recall correctly, I based the 4-B deal on the fact that while Cosmic Monoliths are still fodder enemies, keep that in mind, they contained actual stars within them in Epic Battle Fantasy 4.
By the looks of their dying animation, I counted 5, which would only make them 5x 4-C. Though, considering how late you fight the Cosmic Monoliths, being that you fight them a few rooms before the final battles in 3 and 5, at most they would downscale.

When the Glitch attacks you in the game, it deals infinite damage that is displayed as 0 (Don’t mind Matt surviving it, he only had the Morale status up). Plus, checking the game’s file confirms it has infinite attack and magic.
Oh, ok, I see. I wasn’t sure how stats correlate with Tiers but Matt and co. don’t scaled (cause it appears it would be inconsistent) and it’s treated as one-shots, I suppose that’s fine.

Okay, my opinion here is of someone, who knows nothing about EBF, however...

All the points make sense to me, except the last one. The reason is this part: "Given how Godcat provided the very materials on Earth for the Glitch to be formed, especially since she created Akron as well as her avatars’ mechs, she should be ranked High 3-A scaling from the Glitch".

There are many reasons why I think the bolded part is unreasonable, but the foremost is that - particularly in fiction - materials that exist in a planet can be used to enable processes that have far greater energy/power outputs than what allowed said materials' formation, such as with the creation of weapons based around explosive reactions. We can see that in particular with most science fiction and magic-based universes, but even in real life this stays true, to a certain degree.

I don't know if I am expressing the idea I want to illustrate, but using an example, it would be similar to giving a 7-B to a wizard that can magically create the components to a nuclear bomb. They might be able to harness such power, and, indeed, with the know-how and preparation they can certainly use said components in such a way that it would cause an nuclear explosion, but merely creating the materials absolutely do not indicate their capability to harness said energy fully, particularly in a raw fashion.

Okay, my opinion here is of someone, who knows nothing about EBF, however...

All the points make sense to me, except the last one. The reason is this part: "Given how Godcat provided the very materials on Earth for the Glitch to be formed, especially since she created Akron as well as her avatars’ mechs, she should be ranked High 3-A scaling from the Glitch".

There are many reasons why I think the bolded part is unreasonable, but the foremost is that - particularly in fiction - materials that exist in a planet can be used to enable processes that have far greater energy/power outputs than what allowed said materials' formation, such as with the creation of weapons based around explosive reactions. We can see that in particular with most science fiction and magic-based universes, but even in real life this stays true, to a certain degree.

I don't know if I am expressing the idea I want to illustrate, but using an example, it would be similar to giving a 7-B to a wizard that can magically create the components to a nuclear bomb. They might be able to harness such power, and, indeed, with the know-how and preparation they can certainly use said components in such a way that it would cause an nuclear explosion, but merely creating the materials absolutely do not indicate their capability to harness said energy fully, particularly in a raw fashion.
Eh gets weird but the pratically absolute godtiers of the series appart from like 5-6 characters being weaker than a random enemy that is literally encountered hiding, is kinda weird

If Godcat has other reasons to scale beyond the Glitch, I'm fine using them. The reason described in the OP however isn't good enough.

If Godcat has other reasons to scale beyond the Glitch, I'm fine using them. The reason described in the OP however isn't good enough.
Well, it's noted that she is responsible for the creation of all the inhabitants of Earth as said in her legend:

In the beginning, there was a single, divine being. Her name was Godcat.
But Godcat was lonely, so she created the heavens and the earth, and all the creatures who inhabit it. She then created cats in her own image, and gave them dominion over the land, and over all other creatures.

And considering how she was responsible for the creation of Akron who she upscales from, she should be able to upscale from the Glitch as well.

So with 3 staff members now agreeing, I suppose it should be fine to add the revisions, although later with some of them since I need to fix the formatting for bringing back the EBF 1 & 2 keys. Help is definitely appreciated.

As for the Glitch who True Godcat will be upscaling from, I have a WIP profile of it here.

Finally, looking at the verse page, Slime Bunny is seemingly listed under the heroes while its species is listed under foes, so for the sake of better formatting, I think Slime Bunny should just be its own profile.

For now, I suppose I can edit the Heaven’s Gate, Ion Cannon, and Cosmic Monolith profiles.

So with 3 staff members now agreeing, I suppose it should be fine to add the revisions, although later with some of them since I need to fix the formatting for bringing back the EBF 1 & 2 keys. Help is definitely appreciated.

As for the Glitch who True Godcat will be upscaling from, I have a WIP profile of it here.

Finally, looking at the verse page, Slime Bunny is seemingly listed under the heroes while its species is listed under foes, so for the sake of better formatting, I think Slime Bunny should just be its own profile.

For now, I suppose I can edit the Heaven’s Gate, Ion Cannon, and Cosmic Monolith profiles.
Eh... you should remove the "can harm the devourer by being a summon" part of the profile, summons on the game directly scale to the party stats to the point they can make a Tier 8-7 enemy deal big damage to Tier 2 bosses

Eh... you should remove the "can harm the devourer by being a summon" part of the profile, summons on the game directly scale to the party stats to the point they can make a Tier 8-7 enemy deal big damage to Tier 2 bosses
To be fair, the Glitch is a late game boss that gets accessed near the end of the game, not to mention its fixed damage appears to deal much more damage than what even the Devourer can deal during its fight. So, I think the justification can most likely stay.

@Psychomaster35
I'm looking at the speed feat portion of this calc and just noticed a big error in it. They measured the distance from the from the black hole's radius while also inside the radius of the three pixel scaled maps making up it's radius. Which is a no brainer breaks the speed equation and nulls the speed feat by having technically negative distance from the actual radius and definitely needs reworking.

@Psychomaster35
I'm looking at the speed feat portion of this calc and just noticed a big error in it. They measured the distance from the from the black hole's radius while also inside the radius of the three pixel scaled maps making up it's radius. Which is a no brainer breaks the speed equation and nulls the speed feat by having technically negative distance from the actual radius and definitely needs reworking.
They ironically have better speed feats, mostly dodging ligth related stuff

Interesting. I’ll recalculate this when I have the time.

Another thing: is there any potential speed feat to use for the EBF1 & 2 keys? When the keys used to exist back then, they scaled off of a laser feat that happened in Brawl Royale, which has already been clarified to not be canon to the main timeline.

Interesting. I’ll recalculate this when I have the time.

Another thing: is there any potential speed feat to use for the EBF1 & 2 keys? When the keys used to exist back then, they scaled off of a laser feat that happened in Brawl Royale, which has already been clarified to not be canon to the main timeline.
EBF2 Has feats of dodging lancer tank minigun and some ligthing i guess

So seeing Akron’s Black Hole feat again, I have a feeling it may have been lowballed since we see stars within it, not to mention the black hole is within the background even during the fight with Akron to imply it's much bigger than we think. If this works out well, it’s possible we may get much faster speeds as well as an AP upgrade.

Last edited:
I’m done with Lance’s revisions and pasted them onto his profile. Only Matt and Natalie are left.

I’m done applying the pre-EBF3 keys to Matt, Natalie, and Lance. There should be a follow up CRT coming later.

Small thing on the slime king, Even though the two swords and the spear sticking out it's back probably only add a extra 8kg they missed one important thing he jumps, which means his lifting strength also has included his own body mass to the equation.

Back