• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Engineer fights a different kind of Spy (Engineer vs Sombra (Overwatch)

koopa3144

He/Him
  • Fight takes place in gm_construct (don't ask)
  • Engineer is in his Robot War/Australium Chase key and has all his 9-A equipment
  • Engineer has one minute of prep
  • Sombra starts outside of Engineers view
  • Both are in character
(Picture coming soon)

Engineer gam-: 0

Lean woman: 1

Incon: 0

Last edited:
Spy has guns, and he starts near the building so he can take cover.
These aren't really valid wincons for him either. Sombra has a SMG with similar AP, which will shred Spy. Taking cover behind buildings also won't help much, considering she can go invisible as well and just sneak up on or catch up to him that way.

Wait does Sombra hack all of spy's watches at once or only hack once? because if she only hacks one, he can just use a different one.

These aren't really valid wincons for him either. Sombra has a SMG with similar AP, which will shred Spy. Taking cover behind buildings also won't help much, considering she can go invisible as well and just sneak up on or catch up to him that way.
Sombra can also just straight up see people through walls including invisible people

Yeah, Sombrero just has a better weapon, and of course can actually use it to decent effect, and depending on Spy's gun hand she's going to appear at the eleven o'clock or one o'clock position to put a bunch of bullets in his brain

I think the dispensers healing should let him heal from that.
The dispenser can't handle a bullet to the brain. Let alone multiple. Sombra's guns are faster, she has the element of surprise, and overall just has more than enough to wreck Dell.

The dispenser can't handle a bullet to the brain. Let alone multiple. Sombra's guns are faster, she has the element of surprise, and overall just has more than enough to wreck Dell.
doesn't he take shots to the head from snipers SMG?

Gameplay, a headshot from the Ambassador one-shots engi if we really want to go that route, also Sombra's SMG is SO much higher tech than Sniper's
fair, but when she hacks the sentry engi should be able to take notice and shot her due to her needing a bit of time to hack things.

She can hack tech far more advanced that Engineer's turrets just by touching them, and while hes taking notice his turrets will be shooting him to death

She can hack tech far more advanced that Engineer's turrets just by touching them, and while hes taking notice his turrets will be shooting him to death
I thought she just disabled tech, also Engineer might be able to take control back with the Wrangler. he can also blow it up with his Destruction PDA.

Hell sombra can just disable everything engineer has at his disposal with her emp and then just shoot him to death

oof why is she so hacked. (hehe) so does the emp only disable or does it also take over?
It just disables but it would disable everything that Engineer has on his person as well as all his turrets and dispensers, leaving him with nothing but his basic guns and melee weapons to defend himself with, which ends as predictably as you think when you're putting him up against what amounts to Spy on cyber-steroids

It just disables but it would disable everything that Engineer has on his person as well as all his turrets and dispensers, leaving him with nothing but his basic guns and melee weapons to defend himself with, which ends as predictably as you think when you're putting him up against what amounts to Spy on cyber-steroids
ok I'm running out of things for engi here... maybe he can retreat and try to get the jump on her? I'm grasping at straws here.

ok I'm running out of things for engi here... maybe he can retreat and try to get the jump on her? I'm grasping at straws here.
Nope, not likely, just put him against Torbjorn, his profile is serviceable enough for matches even though his skill is nothing nothing to scoff at and he probably outskills engi

Nope, not likely, just put him against Torbjorn, his profile is serviceable enough for matches even though his skill is nothing nothing to scoff at and he probably outskills engi
because there's a lot here already, I made it a different thread. also, I'm voting for the lean woman FRA

Back