• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Eleonore Von Wittenburg vs Gilgamesh (TWO MORE VOTE!!)

It was a non-canon "what if" spinoff to the Marie route that also gave more detail on the cosmology. The cosmology details were canon, the events were not. That was how it was explained to me.

She is certainly a better character than an arrogant womanizing overpowered ******** jackass who only exists so Saber and Shirou can complete their character arcs in the first two Routes, and gets uncerimoneously killed in the third.

@Matt

Who later gets his character arc expanded in both the prequel and spin-offs that show that he isn't a totally irredeemable asshole at all times and was actually broken by his ability to see the world the way others could not.

He is also legitimately friendly to Masters who respect him and is actually a magnanimous and just king when push comes to shove. It's just that he hates modern society, which leads to his asshole tendencies as well as his habit of looking down upon his foes.

But we're derailing.

No offense, but your complaints at the Power Scaling are the equivalent to a Star Wars Original Trilogy purist whining about how the Prequels, Cartoons, Comicbooks and Books make the characters overpowered, when they weren't in the original movies.

Yeah sure, the Original Trilogy are the foundation on which Star Wars is build, but they aren't nearly the majority of the franchise both in Disney or in Legends, and wanting to ignore feats from other sources simply due to contradicting the original is wrong.

Chalk it off to early-installment weirdness if you will (Which the Original Trilogy is full of, such as Obi-Wan calling Vader "Darth" as if that is his first name, Palpatine having no name, and the Jedi and Sith being implied to be things that vanished long ago), but don't act like it overwrites everything that came after.

If anything it is the other way around.

Main complaints I have with the power scaling are not with the power scaling itself, but from that it seems to have been added in solely for the sake of boosting the characters power. That's not a complaint with how we rate them, it's just irritation at Masada.

Still, derailing

You could say the exact same thing of Star Wars. If you look at strictly the original movies and nothing else, you would think the Darth Vader is just a good, but slow swordsman with decent telekinesis, with an above-average suit of armour, and the Darth Sidious is just a manipulative, but frail old man who can shoot lightning.

But then you look at either Expanded Universe and Darth Vader becomes both a walking tank and a deadly speedster, and Sidious becomes a psychic demigod.

Matthew Schroeder said:
You could say the exact same thing of Star Wars. If you look at strictly the original movies and nothing else, you would think the Darth Vader is just a good, but slow swordsman with decent telekinesis, with an above-average suit of armour, and the Darth Sidious is just a manipulative, but frail old man who can shoot lightning.
But then you look at either Expanded Universe and Darth Vader becomes both a walking tank and a deadly speedster, and Sidious becomes a psychic demigod.
******* this ^

eh I'll just give my two cents. Eleonore can nuke the area and spark Gil on fire with soul destruction and angra just seems to be mind instead I'm not seeing soul resistance at all in Gil's profile. She can briah and burn him before he can Ea which he can he probs can get AoE'ed, cigared or sword blasted. So eleonore likely wins from what I see

Angra has soul manip that is enough to soul hax 6 billion people at once. And Gil laughed it off.

He can block nukes with shields.

He also doesn't need to pull Ea until she uses her true briah, which she doesn't do immediately. He'll tear her apart just with his casual omnidirectional Gae Bolg spam.

Also, Gil's soul is worth hundreds of thousands of human souls. Does she have feats of soul haxing someone with hundreds of thousands of souls? Note that Wolfgang, with 180,000 souls, is explicitly the strongest of the three Commanders, and Gil's soul is worth hundreds of thousands - as in multiple sets of a hundred, so at the very least 200 thousand. More than wolfgang

then he should have soul manipulation resistence...i'm not seeing it on his first key like at all. What I got from resistance and angra was this: Resistance to Magic (Increased further by his armor, includes effects such as Petrification, Spatial Manipulation, and Mind Manipulation), Spatial Manipulation, and Time Manipulation (Is unaffected by the space-time dislocation created through the use of Enuma Elish and was unhindered by the collapse of Rider's Reality Marble), possesses incredibly strong willpower (Not even All the World's Evil can corrupt his ego, and was in fact completely ineffective, allowing him to fight back even when consumed and digested by Sakura

Back