• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Edgy boy face each other (Edmond Dantes vs Wilhelm Ehrenburg) (ONE MORE VOTE!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace, while did end, will not mean the match up is concluded considering as there were still arguments for Wilhelm.

Besides it's 5 for him

Dat voted and brought it back to 5-7, so there isn't a 3 vote difference anymore.

Technically he did it after the grace period ended, but it was still open

Yamatoryujin said:
her soul density is of equal (or even excels) that of the Three commanders (all of whom are linked to all the souls of Gladsheimr, which I think numbers something in the tens of millions). . ÒÇÇ
You're misrepresenting what that means.

The Commanders don't have soul density of billions of souls. Wolfgang, who is stated to have the highest soul stock of them all, only has a bit over 180,000.

Their link to Gladshiemr just lets them constantly replenish their soul stock and stamina.

Oh you're absouloutely right. I'm in the process of re-reading Ikabey and literally just got past the part where Rusalka uses her evil eye and starts talking about the colours of everyone's souls. I'll edit that out, though I still think that Donte would be dried up. Although iirc Lui gave Claudia her rosary(her relic) in hopes that she would experience a transformation, now I can't recall if that meant she would become a being like him, or that he intended for her to reach Atziluth, I'll remember once I'm done reading it through again.

I just want to point out, that even if Wilhelm does absorb Dantes, Dantes could just pull a Shirou and come back out, seeing as he has A) an ability that lets him escape any form of prison, whether material or abstract, B) a soul worth about 60,000 human souls due to being a Heroic Spirit (calculated from the amount of souls required to fill the Lesser Grail , and compared to Gilgamesh's soul which is worth at least 200,000 human souls), and C) an ability that lets him completely heal himself from the brink of death

I think he meant add it as inconclusive

Isn't one of our rules if match ups keep getting change in votes to just go "yolo" and slap it an inconclusive?

Shirou popping out of Wilhelm and Rusulka isn't something comparable to anyone else considering his true nature. I see where you're coming from as Kasumi and Elie still maintained the formation of their souls inside Wilhelm, though those two aren't exactly normal either. Also, the method was different in those cases, Wilhelm straight up just murdered them and ate their souls without having to unleash his briah, they hadn't withered to ashes.

Speaking of Shirou I noticed that on his 1-A profile it was titled Legion Reincarnation, I thought that he just reached Apoptosis once Ren ascended to godhood and Reinhard couldn't contain his soul.

- Edit once again souls in the Shinza series and the Nasuverse aren't really comparable.

Well, they would have. It is just that they were given some very specific hints as to how to escape. And even then, he never really did until Wilhelm actually died.

Yamatoryujin said:
Shirou popping out of Wilhelm and Rusulka isn't something comparable to anyone else considering his true nature. .
His true nature? As in him being Ren's Apoptosis? How did that help other than "you have a stronger soul"?

Yamatoryujin said:
I see where you're coming from as Kasumi and Elie still maintained the formation of their souls inside Wilhelm, though those two aren't exactly normal either.
I'm pretty sure that Kasumi was pretty normal. Only thing special about her was her bloodline, her soul was never implied to be any stronger than a normal person's that I remember.

Also Dantes isn't exactly normal either, seeing as he's a heroic spirit

Yamatoryujin said:
Also, the method was different in those cases, Wilhelm straight up just murdered them and ate their souls without having to unleash his briah, they hadn't withered to ashes.
He absorbs their souls either way, and I'm pretty sure he absorbed their bodies too, seeing as their bodies vanished.

@EMC, Dantes doesn't need very specific hints though, or to wait until Wilhelm dies.

He just needs to say "Enfer Chateau D'If", and he'll escape. That's how his power works.

ALRF said:
I think he meant add it as inconclusive
Isn't one of our rules if match ups keep getting change in votes to just go "yolo" and slap it an inconclusive?
True.

This has been going for three months.

Guess I'll just add it as inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back