• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Edgy boy face each other (Edmond Dantes vs Wilhelm Ehrenburg) (ONE MORE VOTE!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most you could say, is Dante ignoring the absorption for a little bit

I mean, I don't remember the exact quotes, but there is definitely something about more people within Wilhelm's Briah making it more difficult for him to maintain it or something. Though it might be more quantity over quality.

I also don't remember anything saying that weakness goes away when his sister helps or he overlays the fake moon on the real one.

Also, his Quick card attacks and Extra attacks in FGO is pretty much moving at super speed while blitzing around his opponent, pretty much looking like he's flying.

I'm not gonna say he keeps it on all the time, but it's a part of his repertoire he uses fairly liberally. Not to mention, again, his Third Noble Phantasm which is a second wind on steroids. First time he goes down, he's coming back up and not holding any punches.

ALRF said:
The most you could say, is Dante ignoring the absorption for a little bit
Considering that human Shirou could resist it long enough to kill WIlhelm when they were actively fighting and trying to kill each other in their final fight of Kasumi's route, I'd say that would definitely be so.

@Monarch

I meant a power boost in the absorption and allowing him to overpower the "many people inside his Briah makes it weaker"

So lemme see

Wilhelm

-> AP advantage probably

-> Absorption hax (though Dante can survive for a bit)

-> Teleportation

Dante

-> Can instantly come back stronger from anything that doesn't immediately kill him.

-> Fire powers can permanently kill Wilhelm despite the regen (at least when Wilhelm uses the Briah

-> Immeasurable speed and timestop with NP

Saying he's "human" therefore others with willpower can ignore is kinda not true. This is the same guy who has lost pain, got back his physical form after being consumed, took a Holy Relic forcibly, ect. And he died anyway

Wilhelm instantly kilked a bypasser during the chase against Kasumi with his absorption

ALRF said:
Saying he's "human" therefore others with willpower can ignore is kinda not true. This is the same guy who has lost pain, got back his physical form after being consumed, took a Holy Relic forcibly, ect. And he died anyway
Not in Kasumi's route. There he was 100% vanilla human. And I'm not saying it's to do with willpower.

Wilhelm instantly kilked a bypasser during the chase against Kasumi with his absorption

That was because he impaled them with a spike I'm pretty sure.

Is the spikes Wilhelm manages to summon inside his Briah something more severe than his straight up passive absorption or are the two interlinked when his Briah is active?

Also, if we go with the assumption his Briah extends for 500 meters as the max shown, The Count should be capable of escaping it if he truly needs to - his NP giving him such blinding speed is, after all, mainly rooted on the sublimation of the anecdote that no prison can hold him, even "space and time".

He was 100% Human in all of those instances. His ability to manifest souls has nothing to do with his new status as an Apostle, but just simply being powerful

Statement was that the man turned into smth the moment the stakes impaled them.

At best, i can see Dante two or three tries of absorption before meeting his end

its km iirc and the stakes are spammed EVERYWHERE in a far more rapid rate more than 100s afaik. And alrfy is asking if edmond NPs off the bat not doubting what it does but whether the count speeds to oblivion at the beginning

Don't remember any indication that Spikes > Passive Absorption. It was more Passive Absoprtion > Spikes if we go by whats with being shown (Ren going numb from just entering the field)

Also considering Dante doesn't know Wilhelm power, he could screw up with just not regulating his breath and heartbeat in a correct way

Someone better confirm this or fix his profile then, as it's listed "500 meters".

I can't say he spamms it from the start, but even in his regular quick and extra attack cards in FGO, he's blitzing around like he's almost flying, so he does use it normally as part of his repertoire.

Thing is, if he revives after the first killing attempt, he's not holding back one ounce, and nothing points out to his Second Wind NP having a limit beyond potentially mana.

??? The range is 500 meters for his Briah. Why do you assume it is not?

Wilhelm's spikes instantly drain normal people dry, exhibit A being that poor fellow who got hit during his chase with Kasumi

His Briah's passive absorption on the other hand is not enough to immediately drain normal people dry, e.g. all of Ren's school's people.

Same with all his fights. If his Briah alone had the same drain capacity as his actual attacks, everyone would have died just by going inside it, seeing as it would be like being constantly smacked by his attacks.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Regulating his... please explain?
His Briah reacts to fear or something.

Rusalka told Ren and his friends to keep their breathing calm as long as they were within, or it would focus on them.

Considering that Wilhelm is actually attacking Dante here, I don't think regulating breathing matters.

If that was actually a thing, which I would be surprised if it was, it's pretty pointless. One of Dantes' skills is literally his steel nerves and strong will, he's not gonna get tripped off even if Wilhelm seizes the advantage.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Redgrave's comment alluded that it's supposed to be Kms, and I don't exactly fully know this series.
Nah . 500 meters, nothing more, nothing less

tbh within his briah he cannot be sensed by anyone even LDO members so in that mode he is basically like hassan (cuz his soul is invisible even) and could teleport all around tbf

edit: Also my bad on the range ^^;

More like, attack without knowing where the attacks come from

Add the numerous stakes he can release anywhere in space and Dante isn't fodging that unless NP

I don't see Edmond holding back if his enemy is doing that sort of stuff.

That said, considering the Avenger skill and Wilhelm's... personality, Dantes power is gonna grow even more.

TISSG7Redgrave said:
tbh within his briah he cannot be sensed by anyone even LDO members so in that mode he is basically like hassan (cuz his soul is invisible even) and could teleport all around tbf
I may be wrong, but I do not remember his "unnable to be sensed" referring to sight. I only remember it referring to being able to sense his soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back