• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

The video for Rennala confirms the Rennala we fight is NOT the real Rennala but an illusion created by Ranni to show what her mother was capable of at the peak of her powers and that the real one became nothing but a shadow of her former self

(Dunno how something clearly said in a hyperbolic [dear god I never thought I was going to say this unironically] and without further proofs [even also coming not from an official source, but a lore channel] directly confirms it's an illusion rather than a projection [like Godfrey's one])

Speaking of that, why are we assuming she's somehow weak in her actual state? That wasn't mentioned at all.

"But she-"

She being mad and lunatic isn't proof enough for being weak, that's literally a pretty clear false causality fallacy.

(Dunno how something clearly said in a hyperbolic [dear god I never thought I was going to say this unironically] and without further proofs [even also coming not from an official source, but a lore channel] directly confirms it's an illusion rather than a projection [like Godfrey's one])

Speaking of that, why are we assuming she's somehow weak in her actual state? That wasn't mentioned at all.

"But she-"

She being mad and lunatic isn't proof enough for being weak, that's literally a pretty clear false causality fallacy.
So what about Vaati?

Law and Conceptual Manipulation due to being a fragment of the Elden Ring for starters.
Outside of that, well, since basically everyone has Type 5/7 Immortality, then Destined Death should be able to negate those. Stat reduction and energy projection it's pretty obvious too.
It killed Godwyn's soul (reason of why his body it's still """alive""" but he's actually death), so Soul manip.
It was also able to burn the Erdtree, so maybe Fire manip? Although maybe that could be a side effect rather than a direct ability.
And well, maybe Fate manip for, well, Destined Death.
Also, Maliketh due to literally putting that inside his body without being affected nor killed should resist all of that.
While this does hit some spots, I think for Destined Death/Rune of Death, my guess for how it works is:
  • Death Manipulation: This should be obvious.
  • Statistics Reduction: When Maliketh is using the Black Blade (Which has the power of the Rune of Death imbued into it) during his boss fight, he drains your life from you and reduces your max HP. This implies the Rune of Death is likely capable of the same thing.
  • Soul Manipulation: The description of the Cursemark of Death says that it can kill both Body and/or Soul (It killed Ranni's body and Godwyn's soul separately), so therefore it should have some degree of Soul Manipulation
  • Immortality Negation (Types 1, 2, 4, and 7): The type 1 immortality is because most demigods don't seem to age ore require sustenance, type 2 immortality seems pretty standard for most bosses who can survive impalement, the type 4 immortality is because The Rune can almost certainly permanently kill Rykard who's capable of self-resurrection (It's unclear how, so type 4 for now), and type 7 because Destined Death can also kill the undead as implied with Godwyn needing the rune in order to properly die.
However, I do think there are some other abilities that could be added later down the line
  • Fate Manipulation: Since the rune is called Destined Death, it could imply that the Rune manipulates the fates of everyone in the Lands Between (then again, there's little evidence, so unless that's confirmed, leave this off)
  • Immortality Negation (Type 3): This mainly relies on how Rykard's immortality works. He claims that he'll always come back, and while the how is currently unknown, my personal speculation is that his body regrows
  • Regeneration Negation (At least High-Low): Our Tarnished heals from things like impalement and severe flesh wounds, so I think High-Low is a good baseline, and Low-Mid seems reasonable
  • Death Manipulation Resistance Negation: This mainly revolves around how Deathblight works (It's either Death Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, both, or something else). Since most creatures in The Lands Between are immune to Deathblight, they should be some level of resistant to it's abilities. However, the Rune of Death is capable of killing them.
  • Poison Manipulation Resistance Negation: Again, this revolves around how Deathblight works.
  • Some other Resistance Negation: Again, this revolves around how Deathblight works.
  • Law Manipulation and/or Conceptual Manipulation: This mainly depends on how the Elden Ring itself works and the unified traits between each Great Rune, since the Rune of Death is a great rune.

Last edited:
Law and Conceptual Manipulation due to being a fragment of the Elden Ring for starters.
Outside of that, well, since basically everyone has Type 5/7 Immortality, then Destined Death should be able to negate those. Stat reduction and energy projection it's pretty obvious too.
It killed Godwyn's soul (reason of why his body it's still """alive""" but he's actually death), so Soul manip.
It was also able to burn the Erdtree, so maybe Fire manip? Although maybe that could be a side effect rather than a direct ability.
And well, maybe Fate manip for, well, Destined Death.
Also, Maliketh due to literally putting that inside his body without being affected nor killed should resist all of that.
Nah to some of this. Fate Manip is clearly just seeing a word and associating it with another thing, we've already established that Destined Death was just supplanted with a new type of "death"- one in which souls return to the Erdtree. So not only is everyone not undead (plenty just simply haven't died, the "Undead" would be Those Who Live In Death), the name "Destined Death" seemingly moreso refers to the ultimate outcome of death- e.g., death as we know it, as opposed to death as it is known in Marika's Order.

Maliketh sealed it, if we want to give him resistance we ought to test it out to see if it works on him. Black Blade exists, after all.

So I disagree with Immortality Neg, Fate Manip, and Maliketh's stuff. Real iffy on that fire manip too, since that's supposed to come from Flame of Frenzy/The Giantsflame, but I'm interested in seeing more supporting evidence since I don't really know where you got the lore for that.

Nah to some of this. Fate Manip is clearly just seeing a word and associating it with another thing, we've already established that Destined Death was just supplanted with a new type of "death"- one in which souls return to the Erdtree. So not only is everyone not undead (plenty just simply haven't died, the "Undead" would be Those Who Live In Death), the name "Destined Death" seemingly moreso refers to the ultimate outcome of death- e.g., death as we know it, as opposed to death as it is known in Marika's Order.
The thing is that they are still immortals. Removing the Destined Death was the removal of the concept of Death from the Elden Ring, which allowed Marika and her Demigods achieve Immortality. The new type of death isn't really something that could be treated as a truth death, if not, then all this movement for removing death wasn't worth at all. Well, I can agree that not everyone has Type 5 Immo, but Marika's lineage surely have. Besides, Destined Death should upscale from the Golden Order (As is something even more primordial and fundamental than it, plus, it has relationship with it), which can kill those who trespass the boundaries of life and death (also I think it works with Those Who Live in Death). And, now that you said that, doesn't mean Destined Death can remove the connection between the Erdtree and the souls, which could potentially be Type 8 Immortality negation? Also, it should be able to kill characters such as Rennala, or some other minor bosses, like the Regal Ancestor Spirit, whose can reincarnate as much as they want.

For the other stuff, I don't know, but your explanation doesn't really negates it's related to destiny, in fact, it potentially supports it (as it's the ultimate outcome, aka, everyone affected by it it's destined to die).

Maliketh sealed it, if we want to give him resistance we ought to test it out to see if it works on him. Black Blade exists, after all.
Yeah, but the thing is, he sealed within him. It wasn't in another part or something like that, he literally used his own body to prevent Destined Death to be unleashed again (that should also make him another Shardbearer now that I think about that haha). The other stuff could be just a game mechanic and such.

So I disagree with Immortality Neg, Fate Manip, and Maliketh's stuff. Real iffy on that fire manip too, since that's supposed to come from Flame of Frenzy/The Giantsflame, but I'm interested in seeing more supporting evidence since I don't really know where you got the lore for that.
Well, it's supposed that after releasing Destined Death the process of the burning of the Erdtree progressed a lot, reason for why everything become ashes after it being unsealed. But, welp, fair enough.

The thing is that they are still immortals. Removing the Destined Death was the removal of the concept of Death from the Elden Ring, which allowed Marika and her Demigods achieve Immortality. The new type of death isn't really something that could be treated as a truth death, if not, then all this movement for removing death wasn't worth at all. Well, I can agree that not everyone has Type 5 Immo, but Marika's lineage surely have. Besides, Destined Death should upscale from the Golden Order (As is something even more primordial and fundamental than it, plus, it has relationship with it), which can kill those who trespass the boundaries of life and death (also I think it works with Those Who Live in Death). And, now that you said that, doesn't mean Destined Death can remove the connection between the Erdtree and the souls, which could potentially be Type 8 Immortality negation? Also, it should be able to kill characters such as Rennala, or some other minor bosses, like the Regal Ancestor Spirit, whose can reincarnate as much as they want.
They aren't immortals of their own volition, nor in the sense that you're presenting them as. Like... consider the context to what you're saying. Removing the concept of Destined Death (as opposed to Erdtree Burial, again, people are still dying in the Lands Between), fine, cool. Adding it back isn't negation of other types of Immortality, though. It is simply a restoration of the standard order of things. It isn't the same as, say, Sekiro's Mortal Blade. Also I feel you're kind of making baseless assumptions here in saying Marika's new type of Death isn't worth it at all- Marika's intentions are somewhat hard to decipher, mechanically she ensured souls were returning to her, as she's in the Erdtree. The exact purpose for this I can't say, but it seems significant enough to not be so dismissive of it.

The Golden Order isn't really "primordial and fundamental", but this is mostly a semantics gripe. Things existed before Marika's Golden Order, things will exist after it (Age of Stars, for example, in my game).

I think you're kinda reaching on some of this. Who is immortal based on the Erdtree? Certainly not those in the Lands Between, we've just established that they die and their souls are sent there, that is the new order of death. You're inventing new types of Immortality based on nothing, as far as I can tell, though if you're just referencing some bits of lore without mentioning it here, do feel free to point it out. In any case, those that are truly Immortal (like the demigods, as you mentioned) seem to take a long-ass time to properly resurrect. Rykard's head is implicitly going to take a long enough time to revive that Volcano Manor's existence is meaningless in the meantime, so the organization disbands completely. Similarly, Godrick won't be back for long enough that Gostoc is fine ******* with him at the foot at his own throne. So I'd like it known that just because we put such individuals down doesn't mean they are truly dead- just that a return from death in this game seems to take much longer than previous titles.

For the other stuff, I don't know, but your explanation doesn't really negates it's related to destiny, in fact, it potentially supports it (as it's the ultimate outcome, aka, everyone affected by it it's destined to die).

What lmao? I have literally no idea how you're getting that it's manipulating fate. It's like saying I have fate manip for sending a grandparent to a retirement home. Like yeah, that's ultimately where they end up, but I'm not manipulating literal fate to achieve this end. Again, this is pure and utter conjecture on your end.

Yeah, but the thing is, he sealed within him. It wasn't in another part or something like that, he literally used his own body to prevent Destined Death to be unleashed again (that should also make him another Shardbearer now that I think about that haha). The other stuff could be just a game mechanic and such.
Right, so we should see if it works on him. I don't know why they'd make him susceptible to it if he was totally immune to Destined Death, even though we know others of his ilk can die. That seems like a very specific story beat you're trying to argue for. We don't know the exact context or mechanics in-lore of how he seals the Rune of Death away. Assuming he is resistant to it entirely is a leap I don't like the notion of taking.

We don't know the exact context or mechanics in-lore of how he seals the Rune of Death away
We do tho.
He bound Destined Death to his sword.
He later bounds Destined Death to an amulet of sorts which he has imbued in his flesh/on his hand and uses his dagger to stab it, transforming his pansy ass knife in the unga bunga greatsword imbued with death itself, alternatively, which may be the case, he bounds his sword imbued with death into that amulet/flesh given item's say he bound his blade to his flesh.

tbh even ignoring item descriptions that basically gives us the details

We literally see him do it on screen

We do tho.
He bound Destined Death to his sword.
He later bounds Destined Death to an amulet of sorts which he has imbued in his flesh/on his hand and uses his dagger to stab it, transforming his pansy ass knife in the unga bunga greatsword imbued with death itself, alternatively, which may be the case, he bounds his sword imbued with death into that amulet/flesh given item's say he bound his blade to his flesh.

tbh even ignoring item descriptions that basically gives us the details

We literally see him do it on screen

Yes. We know facets of the mechanics. I am saying we don't know everything. Hecatia is assuming the effects on his own body. Hecatia is assuming that Destined Death being sealed in his hand amulet/sword/what have you renders him immune to the effects. I am asking for proof of this assumption. I think the best way to prove this would be to use Destined Death on him.

Someday people will realize that I have played this game and fought this man quite a bit. I have even seen the cutscene before. When I say "We don't know literally 100% of everything about this", I am even taking the cutscene into account.

Yeah but I don't care what they're saying lad, I responded to you, and only a specific line, not even the whole thing, should indicate I don't quite have much to say about anything else there.

But to be precise, you said "We don't know the exact context or mechanics in-lore of how he seals the Rune of Death away" not ""We don't know literally 100% of everything about this".
In regards to the former, we do know, he seals death into an object, notably his sword but later even further within an amulet. We know the mechanics, he uses objects and conduits and binds the rune into them. And for the latter, well we know what we need to know, good enough.

Unless you mean like, semantic shit like "oh he uses magic to seal it" or "or he uses a ritual", etc, but that shit is completely useless to your debate up there, given what matters is what actually happens, not how it happens, whether he says a magic word or does a little dance doesn't really change the fact he's binding it onto items to seal it away.

If anything that helps your argument, he isn't binding the rune into his body physically, he's binding it into an object, and then grafting that object to his flesh. No reason why it'd effect himself if the power is sealed onto an object first.

That's awesome! But what they were saying provides context to what I'm saying. So are you ignoring said context and just... not bothering to contribute? I'm confused why you would even admit that.

We don't know the exact mechanics. We don't. What I said is accurate. The former means the same thing as the latter. We know some mechanics, which seems to be the semantics you're arguing here, ultimately to no actual effect because, as you yourself are saying, you aren't referencing what other people are saying.

My argument is exclusively that what Hecatia is saying needs testing unless some lore proves it. That's it. This ought to be one of the least controversial objections I've bloody made here, and I'm now in a semantics argument over it. I weep.

Except it don't.
You said one thing, I went "hey actually we do know, this is what he do".
Nothing more, nothing less, don't hung up on the fact you two having arguments meant my post somehow HAD to contribute to your bickering (in a general profile thread no less), probably why you're confused, I was just stating that we, in fact, know, how he does the sealing.
No, your argument with Hecatia isn't context, nor would it change anything I said, I read both posts if that's what you think the issue is, I would've said as much anyway, given what I said effects both your arguments. And if you did know, why the **** didn't you mention it? The fact the sealing within his body is a simplification and he actually saels it within an object first, which he then grafts to his body, don't you think that would've been helpful to point out?
You said a thing, I felt the need to chime in and confirm we do know.
I posted info in response to something you said, not to argue about it, but to just show some information and clarify some details, in general.

My argument is exclusively that what Hecatia is saying needs testing unless some lore proves it.

Dude, I don't care, in fact, if anything, I was supporting you by pointing out that the rune of death wouldn't actually be effecting him himself due to how it's sealed mechanically, I agree with you, in fact what she's saying is ostensibly false, but this doesn't really change what I was saying does it? "we dont know" and me going "oh hey, actually in regards to this we do".

Not even semantics, and if you think it's semantics, word your posts a bit less vague as that'd only contribute to and her getting at it, or like, stop getting into arguments with her over everything. Like goddamn we still don't have everything compiled, we might be getting close but we don't even got a Malekith render for god's sake.

I...

alright, sure, this is arguing semantics in a point where I'm not inclined to explain each and every word

sure homie

you did good

In the future. If you are going to genuinely contribute, I expect people to care about the context rather than side-track by making self-acknowledged non-points. Context matters, it saves me a headache and you time. Thanks.

Or maybe just stop thinking everything has to be an argument because it's annoying mate, also stop being vague as ****, and if you want to argue shit and you know said information as you've claimed, actually point said information out so we don't have to watch you and her argue for another ten posts.

You'd think you'd actually point said info out given it's something we know is 100% true and kinda disproves the notion of him resisting anything?

Or maybe just stop thinking everything has to be an argument because it's annoying mate, also stop being vague as ****, and if you want to argue shit and you know said information as you've claimed, actually point said information out so we don't have to watch you and her argue for another ten posts.

You'd think you'd actually point said info out given it's something we know is 100% true and kinda disproves the notion of him resisting anything?
It's annoying when you say something along the lines of "I don't care about the context, I'm going to knowingly bullshit here". That is annoying. Christ's sake man. We're debating about the profiles. That's the point of the thread. We're going to argue. If you don't like it, rather than waste time contributing precisely nothing, go do something else. I don't know what the **** to tell you man, that's the point of the site.

Hecatia posited something. I asked for supporting evidence. You then stirred the pot and are now complaining that the pot was stirred.

If you're debating actually debate properly, you talk about contribution but you've barely contributed at all, hell the very post you're complaining about has contributed more thus far and it's intent wasn't even to do that but rather just to clarify something.
You're arguing, but what for? If you know these things then post it, please stop tugging her around and making shit last longer when you have the information available and can easily debunk several of her claims by simply posting such info, instead of having it last ten times longer because, well, I don't know why, but that, if anything, is annoying.

In response to her going "He literally sealed it within his body, he prevented the effects of destined death with his own flesh, thus he should resist it", why didn't you point out that isn't what's actually happening, rather, he seals Destined Death into an object (in this case an amulet or his black blade), in which he grafts said object into his flesh, not the rune of death itself literally, thus, what you're saying isn't inherently true as based on how we know he sealed it, he wouldn't have to resist anything given he himself isn't actually preventing it from doing anything while being unaffected via his own body, but rather the object is.
Instead you just went "nah we dont know details", which is odd, given the details I pointed out were actually a tad important to your conversation as it debunks her claim?

Eeeeeeee Messi.

They aren't immortals of their own volition, nor in the sense that you're presenting them as. Like... consider the context to what you're saying. Removing the concept of Destined Death (as opposed to Erdtree Burial, again, people are still dying in the Lands Between), fine, cool. Adding it back isn't negation of other types of Immortality, though. It is simply a restoration of the standard order of things. It isn't the same as, say, Sekiro's Mortal Blade. Also I feel you're kind of making baseless assumptions here in saying Marika's new type of Death isn't worth it at all- Marika's intentions are somewhat hard to decipher, mechanically she ensured souls were returning to her, as she's in the Erdtree. The exact purpose for this I can't say, but it seems significant enough to not be so dismissive of it.
Lacking of a concept of death it's valid to gain type 5 immo afaik. That's something characters such as Kaguya and Tiamat has. So, adding it again is essentially nullifying that immortality. My argument isn't that Marika's "death" isn't worth at all. What I'm saying is that the new "death" cannot be really treated as such, at least for the Demigods, who are the ones with eternal life and basically all the benefits for the removal of Destined Death.

The Golden Order isn't really "primordial and fundamental", but this is mostly a semantics gripe. Things existed before Marika's Golden Order, things will exist after it (Age of Stars, for example, in my game).
Actually.
The Golden Order (and the Elden Ring itself) are a manifestation of the Erdtree, who is, in fact, fundamental and primordial. Besides, that wasn't entirely my point. What was I'm saying is that Destined Death is equal, if not superior, to the Golden Order, and both share the same origin regarding of being parts of the Elden Ring. And, as the game states, the Golden Order is something that impose the logic of death towards those who transcended it. I think it's consistent to say that Destined Death should share that same capability as the Golden Order, since we are talking about two concepts that have the same existence coming from the same foundation.
The Age of Stars is something clearly different. The reason why it can exist without the Golden Order there it's because it's actually an order by itself, made to replace the former one. I don't see why that's going to invalidate something about the Golder Order being fundamental, when the whole premise of the game is that it's broken, which screwed the world.

I think you're kinda reaching on some of this. Who is immortal based on the Erdtree? Certainly not those in the Lands Between, we've just established that they die and their souls are sent there, that is the new order of death. You're inventing new types of Immortality based on nothing, as far as I can tell, though if you're just referencing some bits of lore without mentioning it here, do feel free to point it out. In any case, those that are truly Immortal (like the demigods, as you mentioned) seem to take a long-ass time to properly resurrect. Rykard's head is implicitly going to take a long enough time to revive that Volcano Manor's existence is meaningless in the meantime, so the organization disbands completely. Similarly, Godrick won't be back for long enough that Gostoc is fine ******* with him at the foot at his own throne. So I'd like it known that just because we put such individuals down doesn't mean they are truly dead- just that a return from death in this game seems to take much longer than previous titles.
Well first things first, I was only suggesting that type of immo. Regardless, I think characters such as Marika, Godfrey, and even the Tarnished (being guided by grace and blessed by the Greater Will) could have some particular connection with the Erdtree. But anyway, as I said, it was only a suggestion, nothing 100% confirmed, neither it's really related with the one I'm arguing with the general arguments. Still, since Destined Death is able to kill demigods, shouldn't be able to ignore this immo (of Rykard and such), besides of how much time they need to wait to be fully restored?

What lmao? I have literally no idea how you're getting that it's manipulating fate. It's like saying I have fate manip for sending a grandparent to a retirement home. Like yeah, that's ultimately where they end up, but I'm not manipulating literal fate to achieve this end. Again, this is pure and utter conjecture on your end.
Ehm, these are two different premises. Your example isn't related to fate because here you are deciding to do such thing, while with Destined Death, the, well, dying event, is an outcome of the ability. But anyway, as I said, it's not like that somehow refutes how it's related to fate, as its own name suggest.

Right, so we should see if it works on him. I don't know why they'd make him susceptible to it if he was totally immune to Destined Death, even though we know others of his ilk can die. That seems like a very specific story beat you're trying to argue for. We don't know the exact context or mechanics in-lore of how he seals the Rune of Death away. Assuming he is resistant to it entirely is a leap I don't like the notion of taking.
I... I could say some stuff about this point, but, I think Chariot's points makes sense. So, welP.

Also I hope nobody liked Fortisaxx because I just ****** up.
Well he's one of my fav dragons of the game 🗿.

You have been rambling for a few posts complaining about a point I wasn't making.

My contribution has been one of the Tenth Man. I've been aiming to disagree with anything that seems off for the purposes of propagating discussion.

I had been arguing not about the visuals of the feat, but rather its effect on Maliketh. This is what the argument was about. Why didn't I point out the cutscene we've all seen? Because we have all seen it. The information you are providing is self-evident and unworthy of mention. We do not know the rest of the details. As I have been saying for awhile.

Read my words or don't, but as I said- in the future, if you want to contribute, do so. Don't pull this shit again.

Lacking of a concept of death it's valid to gain type 5 immo afaik. That's something characters such as Kaguya and Tiamat has. So, adding it again is essentially nullifying that immortality. My argument isn't that Marika's "death" isn't worth at all. What I'm saying is that the new "death" cannot be really treated as such, at least for the Demigods, who are the ones with eternal life and basically all the benefits for the removal of Destined Death.
We don't lack a concept of death. The Lands Between do. There is a difference. It is an effect of the terrain, not of the characters.

Actually.
The Golden Order (and the Elden Ring itself) are a manifestation of the Erdtree, who is, in fact, fundamental and primordial. Besides, that wasn't entirely my point. What was I'm saying is that Destined Death is equal, if not superior, to the Golden Order, and both share the same origin regarding of being parts of the Elden Ring. And, as the game states, the Golden Order is something that impose the logic of death towards those who transcended it. I think it's consistent to say that Destined Death should share that same capability as the Golden Order, since we are talking about two concepts that have the same existence coming from the same foundation.
The Age of Stars is something clearly different. The reason why it can exist without the Golden Order there it's because it's actually an order by itself, made to replace the former one. I don't see why that's going to invalidate something about the Golder Order being fundamental, when the whole premise of the game is that it's broken, which screwed the world.
Sure isn't. The Erdtree is resultant of the Great Tree mentioned in Crucible Knight lore. Sure, it isn't the point, it was simply a minor nitpick of mine. I think a lot of what you're saying here is meaningless jargon, to be frank. I don't know why you're bringing up the Age of Stars. The Golden Order isn't fundamental, you may be misunderstanding what the phrase means?

Well first things first, I was only suggesting that type of immo. Regardless, I think characters such as Marika, Godfrey, and even the Tarnished (being guided by grace and blessed by the Greater Will) could have some particular connection with the Erdtree. But anyway, as I said, it was only a suggestion, nothing 100% confirmed, neither it's really related with the one I'm arguing with the general arguments. Still, since Destined Death is able to kill demigods, shouldn't be able to ignore this immo (of Rykard and such), besides of how much time they need to wait to be fully restored?
They do have a connection to the Erdtree, I never said they didn't. Destined Death killing demigods is just imposing the standard concept of death upon them. In a verse where they already have the concept of death, it's not really anything special. We don't see it negate immortality in a situation where the concept of death exists, is what I mean.

We don't lack a concept of death. The Lands Between do. There is a difference. It is an effect of the terrain, not of the characters.
I mean, there should be a reason why Marika and the Demigods became immortal in first place. I agree that not everyone in the Lands Between lacks of a concept of death, but at least the Golden Lineage does.

Sure isn't. The Erdtree is resultant of the Great Tree mentioned in Crucible Knight lore. Sure, it isn't the point, it was simply a minor nitpick of mine. I think a lot of what you're saying here is meaningless jargon, to be frank. I don't know why you're bringing up the Age of Stars. The Golden Order isn't fundamental, you may be misunderstanding what the phrase means?
Wasn't the Erdtree just a modernized version of the Great Tree? They are the same thing, reason of why the Erdtree is made by the same primordial vitality that is found within the Great Tree. I would like to know why my points are meaningless jargon, because everything I've said was regarding of how the Golden Order is capable of killing those who trespassed the boundaries of life and death, and it's stated throughout the game several times. I brought the Age of Stars because it was part of your argument to say that the Golden Order isn't fundamental, and so I decided to contextualize and explain why it doesn't really affects something (also iirc in the japanese version it didn't really removed the Golden Order but instead changed it). And I know what fundamental means, that's why I say it's pretty logical that the Golden Order has this property.

They do have a connection to the Erdtree, I never said they didn't. Destined Death killing demigods is just imposing the standard concept of death upon them. In a verse where they already have the concept of death, it's not really anything special. We don't see it negate immortality in a situation where the concept of death exists, is what I mean.
Ehm, I think we established before that the verse (at least at the time of the game events) lacks of the concept of death. While yes, the mortals doesn't lack of this in the general way, it's pretty evident that the Demigods do, as I said above.

I mean, there should be a reason why Marika and the Demigods became immortal in first place. I agree that not everyone in the Lands Between lacks of a concept of death, but at least the Golden Lineage does.
Based on? TO BE CLEAR, I am asking for evidence. This is allowed to happen in threads like these, for those spectating.

Wasn't the Erdtree just a modernized version of the Great Tree? They are the same thing, reason of why the Erdtree is made by the same primordial vitality that is found within the Great Tree. I would like to know why my points are meaningless jargon, because everything I've said was regarding of how the Golden Order is capable of killing those who trespassed the boundaries of life and death, and it's stated throughout the game several times. I brought the Age of Stars because it was part of your argument to say that the Golden Order isn't fundamental, and so I decided to contextualize and explain why it doesn't really affects something (also iirc in the japanese version it didn't really removed the Golden Order but instead changed it). And I know what fundamental means, that's why I say it's pretty logical that the Golden Order has this property.
That's not how I've interpreted it/heard it spun, no, though this is probably a debatable point. The Erdtree subsumed the Greattree. Again, this is a pretty minor point, but one I find fascinating enough to discuss here. Meaningless jargon as in, it's just strong-sounding terms with little relevance to the game. Like "impose the logic of death to those that have transcended it". We never see anything of this sort since we never interact with anything "transcendent" of the Order in the Lands Between.

Also. That bit of Japanese text (assuming it is translated correctly, obviously) is fine, as my impression is that the Order is just how the Great Runes of the Elden Ring are written. It's basically a code of law that states how shit works- or, at least, this is how I've interpreted it. So while unrelated, the text makes sense.

But anyways, it wouldn't really make sense for the Order to affect something transcendent of it.

there is some ability that is super powerful and allows to destroy the universe, and by the way there is a cosmology post that says that all elder scrolls games are canon,and

everything is canon, even when it doesn't seem canon.

there is some ability that is super powerful and allows to destroy the universe, and by the way there is a cosmology post that says that all elder scrolls games are canon,and

everything is canon, even when it doesn't seem canon.
This isn't an Elder Scrolls thread, lad.

aa9.png

Been playing Elden ring can anyone enlighten me on feats hax etc?
A lot of stuff is currently up in the air, but consensus so far is leaning towards Tier 8 or low 7 for minibosses/non-demigod bosses like Godskin Apostles/Nobles and Fallingstar Beasts (Calc for the Fullgrown Fallingstar Beast's Crater), Tier 7 or 6 (leaning 6) for the Demigods and certain NPCs (unless Radahn holding back the stars gets bumped up to tier 4 which seems unlikely, and the others come from Radahn holding several meteors back), and Tier 4-C for the top tiers like Endgame Tarnished, Radagon/Marika, and the Elden Beast (According to the Elden Stars spell "It is said that long ago, the Greater Will sent a golden star bearing a beast into the Lands Between, which would later become the Elden Ring," which implies the Elden Beast should be Star Level). For Speed, I personally think based on the description of incantations like the Black Blade incantation "Caster creates an illusory black blade, then leaps forward to deliver a spinning slash that emits a wave of light," and the Discus/Rings of Light spells which are all describes as Light, that the high-tier characters (Demigods, Top Tiers, etc) are all light-timers or at least relativistic. For lower tiers, Lightning-Time seems to be the best.

For hax, the big debate going on right now is how the Rune of Death works. Only thing that's agreed upon so far is that it's Death Manipulation and the Black Blade attacks are a combination of Statistics Reduction and Energy Projection. Other than that, not much has been touched on here at least.

Back