• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

Ranni's illusion of Rennala's peak
I would suggest that her recreation of Rennala at her peak is at least accurate to what her full capabilities where at her peak (what we see is merely an illusion created by Ranni) so therefore the Illusion doesn't scale to whatever the feat would be but Rennala in her prime should theoretically.

except like

it isn't even really a feat for her peak

It's just an illusion of the night used in tandem with her actual peak abilities, at least that's how I interpretted it

We never get any lore confirmation that "yes. Rennala created the galaxy in her prime."

except like

it isn't even really a feat for her peak

It's just an illusion of the night used in tandem with her actual peak abilities, at least that's how I interpretted it

We never get any lore confirmation that "yes. Rennala created the galaxy in her prime."
I not saying she literally summons her Night. It's pretty clearly a 'Moon' in the same way that her Spell is a 'Moon' I just saying that it Ranni would have some idea of what Rennala was like at her peak. In her current state she can barely do anything other then telekinesis, barrier creation and power transfer

Yeah, I'm not sure we can count the night thing for a feat. My idea was more about how, since the illusion can fight the Tarnished and it was Ranni's doing, then she should at least be comparable to the illusion she summoned, wich doesn't mean she's equal to her mother at her prime (the illusion is basically just a taste of what Rennala was capable of and not her at full capacity after all)
As for the moon stuff I don't know. The moon in the background is part of the illusion and the spell does create a full moon (it's even in the description) but it's not reall moon size so I'm not sure about it

I not saying she literally summons her Night. It's pretty clearly a 'Moon' in the same way that her Spell is a 'Moon' I just saying that it Ranni would have some idea of what Rennala was like at her peak. In her current state she can barely do anything other then telekinesis, barrier creation and power transfer
Oh, you're arguing abilities.

I... don't know, really. Like Ranni also uses spirit ashes, which is just her forte. It's not really clear how much of that is Ranni and how much of that is an emulation of Rennala.

Yeah, I'm not sure we can count the night thing for a feat. My idea was more about how, since the illusion can fight the Tarnished and it was Ranni's doing, then she should at least be comparable to the illusion she summoned, wich doesn't mean she's equal to her mother at her prime (the illusion is basically just a taste of what Rennala was capable of and not her at full capacity after all)
As for the moon stuff I don't know. The moon in the background is part of the illusion and the spell does create a full moon (it's even in the description) but it's not reall moon size so I'm not sure about it
This basically is just Armor's point, celestial bodies being really ******' small.

Oh, you're arguing abilities.

I... don't know, really. Like Ranni also uses spirit ashes, which is just her forte. It's not really clear how much of that is Ranni and how much of that is an emulation of Rennala.
Probably both, I mean Rennala was uber powerful at her prime, it wouldn't be surprising at all she could do it to

Yeah, but we also don't really have an implication that she could. The ability is definitely more tied with Ranni/Seluvis. Maybe we could render those as optional powers? I'd be game for that, I just don't feel it's certain enough.

Also, Rennala should get Transmutation, in her first phase her only attack is grabbing some of her students in the air and then transforming them into tombstones or something similar to blast the Tarnished

Isn't elden lord just a title; it doesn't seem to bestow any power, given the tarnished kills both the former and current elden lord before getting the title themself.

Radagon and Marika are the same person which kinda implies that Rennala was a god tier wizard in her prime.

What I meant was; the illusion should be purely a Ranni feat, not a Rennala feat given the above. Though she is copying her mother's prime power set so both of them should have those abilities in their profiles.

Didn't Rennala fight Radagon? The illusion should be a Ranni feat
In a war, yeah. Dunno if it was stated they ever crossed blades directly but I think it is implicit, same for a lot of the other guys.

Isn't elden lord just a title; it doesn't seem to bestow any power, given the tarnished kills both the former and current elden lord before getting the title themself.

Radagon and Marika are the same person which kinda implies that Rennala was a god tier wizard in her prime.

What I meant was; the illusion should be purely a Ranni feat, not a Rennala feat given the above. Though she is copying her mother's prime power set so both of them should have those abilities in their profiles.
Elden Lord certainly implies some level of power, given the scuffle going on for it at all times. Our Tarnished is simply severely amped by Runes.

Radagon wasn't merged with Marika or anything at the time, afaik? I don't know why you're trying to scale Rennala to Marika. She was a powerful ************, though.

I don't know what the point of your last paragraph is.

EL is both a title and a state so to speak, turning into an Elden Lord basically turns you into a godly being, wich is the whole basis for Mogh's plan with Miquella

A handful of characters use energy projection in regards to Destined Death. The Black Knives all have his energy projection move (which is described as light, so it might be light manip, not saying light speed before anyone gets angsty, just that the game deems it light magic), the black knives all have that move where they use destined death to fire a projectile that drains health, literally his move but not as big.
And there's another weapon to that uses Destined Death to fire blade of health draining projectiles, forget what it's called but it's the shit Melina uses I'm pretty sure and you find it in the lift.
Well, I guess that means Late-Game and beyond Tarnished is a light-timer now if we need speed.

Elden Lord certainly implies some level of power, given the scuffle going on for it at all times. Our Tarnished is simply severely amped by Runes.

Radagon wasn't merged with Marika or anything at the time, afaik? I don't know why you're trying to scale Rennala to Marika. She was a powerful ************, though.

I don't know what the point of your last paragraph is.
I think you guys are overestimating the amp given by both elden lord and the great runes. Everyone who has been elden lord has been god tier beforehand and godrick who has the great rune with the largest stat amp was the weakest shard bearer.

Do you have evidence to suggest that splitting makes them weaker? I'm scaling her to Marika because as far as we know she fought Radagon (or intimidated him enough that he decided that seducing her was better than fighting her) who is as powerful as Marika due to them being the same person.

Powers and abilities for Ranni and Rennala's profiles. And that the illusion speaks more to ranni's power than her mother's

I think you guys are overestimating the amp given by both elden lord and the great runes. Everyone who has been elden lord has been god tier beforehand and godrick who has the great rune with the largest stat amp was the weakest shard bearer.

Do you have evidence to suggest that splitting makes them weaker? I'm scaling her to Marika because as far as we know she fought Radagon (or intimidated him enough that he decided that seducing her was better than fighting her) who is as powerful as Marika due to them being the same person.

Powers and abilities for Ranni and Rennala's profiles. And that the illusion speaks more to ranni's power than her mother's
...?

You're simultaneously claiming I'm overestimating the title of Elden Lord while acknowledging people that become Elden Lord are turbo powerful in-verse. I don't really see the point. We're both saying the Elden Lords are among the god tiers. As for the Great Runes... I dunno how accurate the game mechanics are to the lore, tbqh. The runes are clearly a significant enough amp that wars are fought over their ownership by individuals who, ostensibly even without them, were already pulling the best feats in the verse.

Do you have evidence to suggest Radagon was equal to Marika before he ever went to meet her lol? Even using your weird logic, Radagon was weaker than Marika. I don't see the virtue in scaling Champion Radagon to Elden Lord Radagon when in-verse its acknowleged the former is inferior to the latter (Turtle Pope refers to Radagon as a "mere Champion" in the context of comparison to the title of Elden Lord). Like if you have evidence that you haven't mentioned, so be it, but I don't think that's supported by anything currently brought forward here.

@ArbitraryNumbers What do ya think about "At least 8-B, likely Low 7-C" for bosses equivalent to Grown Fallingstar Beasts? I don't think the case for vaporization is super strong here, but I also don't want to just dismiss it.
We've been discussing this in our discord server. Depends on if the ember-like light things left in the impact zone are truly heat or magic. If it's actual heat, definitely vaporization. If it's magic, then pulv. Personally, I'm not comfortable giving a variable ranking on this.

Learn to read; I said, everyone who has become elden lord has been god tier before they were given the title. This makes the amp they get vague at best. The same applies to the demigods as well if what we are told about godrick is true.

Radagon and Marika being the same person is a well hidden secret in-universe; tortoise pope likely doesn't know and therefore cannot give reliable information.

Learn to read; I said, everyone who has become elden lord has been god tier before they were given the title. This makes the amp they get vague at best. The same applies to the demigods as well if what we are told about godrick is true.

Radagon and Marika being the same person is a well hidden secret in-universe; tortoise pope likely doesn't know and therefore cannot give reliable information.
I mean, okay, you could also try reading, though. I'm asking what the point in that distinction is if you ultimately agree that all of them fit into the scaling chain exactly where they are now, anyways? For the record, I especially disagree with the bit about Great Runes.

People seemingly have been uncomfortable with my more direct, aggressive terminology used, so all I ask in regards to that is that you also tone it down.

Haven't really followed the thread for a day or two, what bit?
He's arguing Great Runes are not a substantial boost in power, and thus owning one would not be considered a tier separator. It's not really clear, so I apologize if I'm misinterpreting this, but I believe this stems from Godrick being the weakest demigod despite having the greatest stat amp Great Rune, in terms of game mechanics.

Gideon's voicelines in his fight imply that Marika wishes people keep vying for the spot of Elden Lord "unto eternity". Though its possible to interpret it in other ways

Little list of abilities for Mogh

Magic, Blood Manip (Via Blood Magic), Fire Manipulation (Bloodflames), Curse Manip and Life-Force Absorption, Portal Creation (Can teleport by opening blood pools), Corruption & Transformation (Can corrupt and mutate people into minions), Illusion Creation/Astral Projection (Can make lifelike physical projections of himself), Body Control and Flight (Can sprout a pair of black wings)

We've been discussing this in our discord server. Depends on if the ember-like light things left in the impact zone are truly heat or magic. If it's actual heat, definitely vaporization. If it's magic, then pulv. Personally, I'm not comfortable giving a variable ranking on this.
Any thoughts on the fallingstar beast calc? I want to make sure it gets multiple evals.

I think we should make Profiles for all the Legendary Ash Summons or at least give the Enemy they're Based on a Key for them since they basically scale to the Tarnished.

Any thoughts on the fallingstar beast calc? I want to make sure it gets multiple evals.
I'm pretty sure it's Vaporization. There's another one that landed right outside of Leyndell and the middle of the crater is covered in embers so you can't blame it now on the fact that it landed on a Volcano if it happened again on some random Cliffside next to the Capital.

I'm pretty sure it's Vaporization. There's another one that landed right outside of Leyndell and the middle of the crater is covered in embers so you can't blame it now on the fact that it landed on a Volcano if it happened again on some random Cliffside next to the Capital.
I didn't blame it on the volcano? I said it looked as though the burn marks could be from the gravity lightning attacks that the Fallingstar Beasts have.

Question how would Destined Death translate in abilities? Death Manip I believe but also maybe Immortality Negation since the Black Knife assassins could kill Godwyn thanks to Ranni giving them the rune to imbue their weapons

Also, Maliketh shows interesting stuff, like projecting slashes of energy that can lower the Tarnished's total health and sap their HP (the incantation Black Blade has this notably)
Law and Conceptual Manipulation due to being a fragment of the Elden Ring for starters.
Outside of that, well, since basically everyone has Type 5/7 Immortality, then Destined Death should be able to negate those. Stat reduction and energy projection it's pretty obvious too.
It killed Godwyn's soul (reason of why his body it's still """alive""" but he's actually death), so Soul manip.
It was also able to burn the Erdtree, so maybe Fire manip? Although maybe that could be a side effect rather than a direct ability.
And well, maybe Fate manip for, well, Destined Death.
Also, Maliketh due to literally putting that inside his body without being affected nor killed should resist all of that.

Back