• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

I think for now, here's the pecking order (at least from what I can tell and some guesswork on my part)
  1. The Greater Will
  2. Full-blown gods (Marika & Radagon, Elden Beast, Ranni post-Age of Stars, Our Tarnished, etc)
  3. Demigods (Malenia, Radahn, etc, and including Godfrey)
  4. Other bosses (Placidusax, Fire Giant, Astel, etc, also including Godrick for canonically being a wimp)
  5. Minibosses (Fallingstar Beasts, Magma Wyrm, Godskins, Crucible Knights, etc)
  6. Basic Enemies and most other NPCs (Soldiers, most NPCs, NPC bosses, etc)
Think this works? I think some specific NPCs like Blaidd or Melina (those who are canonically really powerful) need some more debate but I think they'd be best put in third place along with the demigods since Melina is capable of fighting on par with Morgott, and Blaidd is capable of killing a late-game Tarnished.
Don't know if the GW will have a profile but aside from that and Placidusax scaling to full-blown God probably, I agree

Placidusax probably scales way above that, gonna be honest. Dude was the equivalent of Elden Lord at one point. His power may well be diminished, given how long it's been, but at least a possibly seems fair. No other complaint comes immediately to mind.
Yep, he was the Elden Lord before even the Edtree appeared

I think for now, here's the pecking order (at least from what I can tell and some guesswork on my part)
  1. The Greater Will
  2. Full-blown gods (Marika & Radagon, Elden Beast, Ranni post-Age of Stars, Our Tarnished, etc)
  3. Demigods (Malenia, Radahn, etc, and including Godfrey)
  4. Other bosses (Placidusax, Fire Giant, Astel, etc, also including Godrick for canonically being a wimp)
  5. Minibosses (Fallingstar Beasts, Magma Wyrm, Godskins, Crucible Knights, etc)
  6. Basic Enemies and most other NPCs (Soldiers, most NPCs, NPC bosses, etc)
Think this works? I think some specific NPCs like Blaidd or Melina (those who are canonically really powerful) need some more debate but I think they'd be best put in third place along with the demigods since Melina is capable of fighting on par with Morgott, and Blaidd is capable of killing a late-game Tarnished.
What about the other outer Gods would they scale to the Greater will? Also doesn't Melenia straight up become a goddess halfway through her fight.

Didn't someone mention that Godfrey was going to go up and beat up Radagon/Elden Beast?
Oh, yeah, I didn't even notice that he was placed in the lower bracket.

Even aside from this, Hoarah Loux should be comparable just for being an Elden Lord.

Okay, so here's a revised list
  1. Greater Will (If there's going to be a profile)
  2. Gods (Marika, Radagon, Placidusax, Elden Beast, Ranni (Age of Stars), Godfrey/Horah Loux, Our Tarnished, Outer Gods)
  3. Demigods (Malenia, Miquella, Radahn, Morgott, Maliketh) and some NPCs (Blaidd, Melina, etc)
  4. Others (Fire Giant, Godrick (he's in-world explicity by far the weakest of the Demigods), Astel, etc)
  5. Minibosses (Fallingstar Beasts, Magma Wyrms, Godskins, Crucible Knights, etc)
  6. Normies(Everyone else)

Isn't Miquella featless? Also I doubt he's likely anywhere close to the others in terms of AP. He doesn't even seem like a guy who fight considering Malenia has the title of "Blade of Miquella"

His lore doesn't even imply he's a fighter
Fair point. I just put him there since he's one of the most important of the demigods. I'd say this is a bit like a Gwynevere situation, where he's still quite strong, despite not fighting at all and likely wanting to avoid fighting himself.

Eh, I dunno about Gywnevere, but Miquella has no feats or statements or scaling related to combat at all. The only thing he does is like, healing stuff. That and he's a tiny child.

Question how would Destined Death translate in abilities? Death Manip I believe but also maybe Immortality Negation since the Black Knife assassins could kill Godwyn thanks to Ranni giving them the rune to imbue their weapons

Also, Maliketh shows interesting stuff, like projecting slashes of energy that can lower the Tarnished's total health and sap their HP (the incantation Black Blade has this notably)

Question how would Destined Death translate in abilities? Death Manip I believe but also maybe Immortality Negation since the Black Knife assassins could kill Godwyn thanks to Ranni giving them the rune to imbue their weapons

Also, Maliketh shows interesting stuff, like projecting slashes of energy that can lower the Tarnished's total health and sap their HP (the incantation Black Blade has this notably)
Please tell me it isn't permanent

Dunno. Godwyn is definitely still existent in some form, which is worth noting, and is apparently spreading. The Rune of Death definitely enforces death, so Death Manip at least is absolute.

Dunno. Godwyn is definitely still existent in some form, which is worth noting, and is apparently spreading. The Rune of Death definitely enforces death, so Death Manip at least is absolute.
Well, his body is still there and sort of alive but his soul has died so it's not really him anymore, just a difformed empty husk in Deeproot Depths and it's not really him that is spreading, more like the curse of death itself

Btw, why the heck was he turned into a FRICKIN' MERMAID?!

Last edited:
I'd guess Destined Death is mainly Death Manipulation, both Death Manipulation Resistance Negation and Immortality Negation (not sure which type yet, but guessing 5), and something that'd prevent anyone hit with it's power from reforming physically (Regeneration Nullification up to Low-Godly & Soul Manipulation possibly).
For the Health Sap I'd say it's a clear case of Statistics Reduction and Energy Projection.

Yeah I agree. Statistics Reduction and Energy Projection should probably only go for Maliketh though since he's the only one using them even if they come from Destined Death

Also, should Ranni get Death Manip as well considering what happens if you try to give her Seluvis's potion?

A handful of characters use energy projection in regards to Destined Death. The Black Knives all have his energy projection move (which is described as light, so it might be light manip, not saying light speed before anyone gets angsty, just that the game deems it light magic), the black knives all have that move where they use destined death to fire a projectile that drains health, literally his move but not as big.
And there's another weapon to that uses Destined Death to fire blade of health draining projectiles, forget what it's called but it's the shit Melina uses I'm pretty sure and you find it in the lift.

A handful of characters use energy projection in regards to Destined Death. The Black Knives all have his energy projection move (which is described as light, so it might be light manip, not saying light speed before anyone gets angsty, just that the game deems it light magic), the black knives all have that move where they use destined death to fire a projectile that drains health, literally his move but not as big.
And there's another weapon to that uses Destined Death to fire blade of health draining projectiles, forget what it's called but it's the shit Melina uses I'm pretty sure and you find it in the lift.
Ah right, then it's a shared ability

Though in Maliketh case, the energy is black and red, at least for the Destined Death skill of his Black Blade

Also, you take more damage too while afflicted (that might be due to his curse tho when the sword glows, but given everything said sword does is due to destined death it 'd be semantics), so it's not just HP getting lowered, you get ****** harder too.

The Elden Ring Lore Storytime videos on youtube are very good and give use many informations related to several characters, could be useful for profiles

The video for Rennala confirms the Rennala we fight is NOT the real Rennala but an illusion created by Ranni to show what her mother was capable of at the peak of her powers and that the real one became nothing but a shadow of her former self

The video for Rennala confirms the Rennala we fight is NOT the real Rennala but an illusion created by Ranni to show what her mother was capable of at the peak of her powers and that the real one became nothing but a shadow of her former self

So it's an illusion that showcases peak Rennala powers? So how would this quantify in terms of tiering, if it does at all?

Well the illusion is real and powerful enough to fight and potentially kill the Tarnished and reflect what Rennala was capable of at her prime so it's a good indication Ranni's definitely immensly powerful

@ArbitraryNumbers What do ya think about "At least 8-B, likely Low 7-C" for bosses equivalent to Grown Fallingstar Beasts? I don't think the case for vaporization is super strong here, but I also don't want to just dismiss it.

Back