• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

We've luckily moved past
No we haven't. The only reason any progress has been made is because of the agreement to split the star stuff into a adjacent rating.

To update my example
Malenia would be "At least High 6-A" for being superior to Astel, likely High 4-C for being comparable to Radhan
Prime Radahn would be "At least High 6-A, likely High 4-C" with his post rot version being [Tarnished Tier], likely High 4-C
Elden Beast would be "At least High 6-A, likely 4-A"

No we haven't. The only reason any progress has been made is because of the agreement to split the star stuff into a adjacent rating.

To update my example
Malenia would be "At least High 6-A" for being superior to Astel, likely High 4-C for being comparable to Radhan
Prime Radahn would be "At least High 6-A, likely High 4-C" with his post rot version being [Tarnished Tier], likely High 4-C

Certainly not "likely". "Possibly" is already very generous. Remind me what the justification is for High 6-A?

Elden Beast would be "At least High 6-A, likely 4-A"

Similarly, if the justification for 4-A is the end battle arena then it is at best a "possibly."

Kinda, doing some of the calcs nigh impossible without freecam. With this we don't need pixel scaling, volumes, etc, it's just lol moon bust, literally all we need right there.
Though that begs the question, how big are the moon shards? Maybe we can even do v.frag if it was all reduced to bits.

What exactly are the sources?
Based off the following
Memory Stone
"A black, lightly beguiling stone. Prized by the sorcerers who produce them. Said to be a fragment of the black moon that once hung above the Eternal City."
Moon of Nokstella
"This talisman represents the lost black moon. The moon of Nokstella was the guide of countless stars."
Then some of Astel's spells mention the moon shattering and raining death forever ago.

What argument is there to cast doubt on High 4-C to 4-A Radahn?

The only legitimate one was the Falling Star, which we've gone over and addressed.

If you yourself have doubts, then you have to voice them, you can't keep them to yourself and try to lock Radahn's tier to a possibly for arbitrary reasons.
To update my example
Okay, let me be extremely clear.

Anything which scales to Astel scales to Radahn.

You ONLY fight Astel, Naturalborne of the Void after Radahn during Ranni's quest line.

You ONLY fight Astel, Stars of Darkness after beating Morgott and being denied entry to the Erdtree.

In either case, the High 6-A or 5-C rating doesn't matter, because they scale above Radahn.

If you yourself have doubts, then you have to voice them, you
I did so multiple times which how we got the split tier proposal in the first place.

Okay, let me be extremely clear.
You're missing my point here.

I never denied they scaled to Radahn. I'm asking what we have to scale Godrick and Rennala to since they're not going to scale to either Radahn or Astel. It's why in my original comment you responded to I asked "what do we make the below Astel people".

Because in either fashion their not getting a Tier 5 or 4 scaling. At least Rennala's current incarnation isn't.

I did so multiple times which how we got the split tier proposal in the first place.

You're missing my point here.

I never denied they scaled to Radahn. I'm asking what we have to scale Godrick and Rennala to since they're not going to scale to either Radahn or Astel. It's why in my original comment you responded to I asked "what do we make the below Astel people".

Because in either fashion their not getting a Tier 5 or 4 scaling. At least Rennala's current incarnation isn't.
Renalla could scale to any low tier dragon since theres one right outside her fortress or whatever it's called. Same with Godrick maybe.

Eh, that's what people are saying, that it was an illusion made by Ranni to flex how her mother was in her prime or something.
I mean, regardless.

Rennala now isn’t any weaker, she’s just insane and won’t fight, which is a weakness.

She’d then have 2 keys identical to each other, just 1 is sane and the other has the Rune of Rebirth.

I mean, regardless.

Rennala now isn’t any weaker, she’s just insane and won’t fight, which is a weakness.

She’d then have 2 keys identical to each other, just 1 is sane and the other has the Rune of Rebirth.
Rennala IS weaker in her present time. Being insane reduced her magical power to the point she can only muster one single attack during the entire first phase and a Liurnia Tarnished is able to hurt her whereas in her prime she could go toe-to-toe with Radagon

And yes, she will have two keys, one for her prime self and one for her current self

Rennala IS weaker in her present time. Being insane reduced her magical power to the point she can only muster one single attack during the entire first phase
where was it ever stated that she was so weakened she could only do that.

And it wasn’t ya know, the fact that she was insane and wasn’t bothering with the player.

Furthermore, we don’t really harm her. After the fight we see her immediately and she is totally fine, she’s not even hurt.

where was it ever stated that she was so weakened she could only do that.
The game itself? I mean, literally? During phase 1, literally the ONLY thing she does is turning scholars into tomes to throw them and creating a wave of light and that's it.
And it wasn’t ya know, the fact that she was insane and wasn’t bothering with the player.

Furthermore, we don’t really harm her. After the fight we see her immediately and she is totally fine, she’s not even hurt.
We see her crawling on the ground trying to reach the egg after phase 1, right before the illusion appears so we clearly hurt her to a good degree

I honestly think fighting Radagon to the point the fight ended in a draw is enough for her to scale
We would need to find out what Radagon scales to first before his merger with Marika though.

If you can find any hard lore that he fought Fire Giants for example they can probably get 5-C/High 4-C scaling that way.

We would need to find out what Radagon scales to first before his merger with Marika though.

If you can find any hard lore that he fought Fire Giants for example they can probably get 5-C/High 4-C scaling that way.
Well it's sure he never fought the Giants since Godfrey was the one who decimated their civilization down to only one member but I'm not sure if we have something about him other than attack Liurnia

Btw, Astel's feat is 5-C and not High 6-A anymore?

She fought Radagon before he fused with Marika, which is where his Tier 4 scaling would come from.

She would still require a different thing to scale from.
We have no idea if Radagon was a different entity distinct from Marika.

There's a lot of thoughts and theories about it, but all that is confirmed is "Radagon is Marika"

Even then, assuming he was a distinct person from Marika, we have no idea if fusing with Marika made him any stronger, since it seems more like the Greater Will had this done (either creating a Male half of Marika or fusing them together) to keep her in line, not to keep her in power.

Especially given the fact that the Greater Will had chosen not 1 but 3 replacements for Marika and Marika herself isn't exactly some fighting force.

We see her crawling on the ground trying to reach the egg after phase 1, right before the illusion appears so we clearly hurt her to a good degree
Is that what that means?

She's on the floor after her shield breaks too, but the shield breaking does no damage to her.

Crawling on the floor seems more to be of her being insane, considering her only though is to run over to the Rune Amber and doesn't even grunt in pain or even make note of it.

And again, after we finish Phase 2, she is totally unharmed.

Again, it seemed more like we had to harass Rennala long enough for Ranni to take notice rather than us actually beating Rennala.

Furthermore, we typically fight her as the 3rd major story boss (after Margit and Godrick, the Grafted), and we've already established that Margit scales to Radahn, it's not surprise that the Runebearers all scale to each other since the story very specifically tells us that they all fought each other over the shards.

We have no idea if Radagon was a different entity distinct from Marika
In the Queen's chamber Melina relays that Marika explicitly asked Radagon to fuse together so they can be whole.

So until that point hey were separate, like with the D times.
Furthermore, we typically fight her as the 3rd major story boss (after Margit and Godrick, the Grafted), and we've already established that Margit scales to Radahn
My proposal was that Morgott scales to Radahn, not the shade Margit. They're projection like the sewer version of Mogh.

Marika herself isn't exactly some fighting force.
Afaik Marika was implied to have defeated some Fire Giants and the finger readers note the demigods' power come from here rather than Radagon or Godfrey.

My proposal was that Morgott scales to Radahn, not the shade Margit. They're projection like the sewer version of Mogh.
Mohg's is much stronger though, the duplicate is really a duplicate, not a simple yellow-ish shade
Afaik Marika was implied to have defeated some Fire Giants and the finger readers note the demigods' power come from here rather than Radagon or Godfrey.
Marika never fought the Giants. Godfrey was the one who led the armies and defeated them, Marika simply tried to destroy the flame in their forge but couldn't and resorted to simply curse the last Giant to guard the forge for all eternity

Did she? Cause I can't remember any information about it (not to mention it's nto clear if she did slay the Fell God since there are hints he's still there and active), though if she did, it's quite an impressive feat

From the One Eyed Shield
Tricksome shield made from white stone depicting a malformed one-eyed god. The barrel of a firearm pokes through the open mouth.

Once worshipped by the giants, this evil deity is believed to have been slain by Queen Marika
Even if she didn't perma kill the God, slaying it would still presumably be far superior than fighting any Fire Giant.

Back