• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

Mohg should scale to Morgott based on the duplicate he creates to guard the Three Fingers, the duplicate can fight Leyndell Tarnished yet is much weaker than the real Mohg so obviously Mohg can scale

What would be Scarlet Rot Radahn's tier, High 6-A or lower?

All the Demigods scale to each other though. You can also fight Mogh before ever doing Godrick.
I don't think we can do that. Like the others said. Guys like Radahn and Malenia are clearly on the top of the hierarchy, while guys like Godrick are at the bottom of the barrel.

Using that logic, Godrick scales to the elden beast as we can fight Godrick after killing the elden beast.

We should go with lore rather than gameplay

He is the weakest yeah, but he's evidently still somewhat relative, as he lasted long enough against Malenia to ask for mercy, and also Stormveil wasn't just steamrolled by one of his siblings. If any of the demigods was way weaker than the rest, they'd have died instantly during the shattering
Eh. I'm not sure about that. We have no idea how the fight went. For all we know Malenia could've been ragdolling Godrick around. It's too vague to assume Godrick is anywhere near relative.

With only Dog boy on being Elden Beast level (and maybe the dragon elden lord who's name escapes me).
Eh. I disagree. The game makes it pretty clear that no one can kill the elden beast, not even marika. I think it's iffy to scale any character beside the Tarnished to the God tier of the verse.

Rennala comes before Ranni's Rise, you still don't know she's Ranni when you fight Rennala.

Also Godrick should scale to whatever Dragons scale to since he could cut one open with his exposed bone splint.

Eh. I disagree. The game makes it pretty clear that no one can kill the elden beast, not even marika. I think it's iffy to scale any character beside the Tarnished to the God tier of the verse.
They'd scale via scaling to Tarnished, since there's not much implying you get a massive powerup between Placidusax/Maliketh and EB, given the only boss of any importance/a remembrance one after Maliketh is Godfrey, it's a bit odd to assume Godfrey boosts you all the way to EB level if Maliketh wasn't already on or near that level, as the brother of a full god, who is noted as superior to the demigods

Rennala comes before Ranni's Rise, you still don't know she's Ranni when you fight Rennala.
Why would you assume she comes first though they're still in the same area, even if Rennala does come first though, you'd know that the person who then introduces herself as Ranni the Witch is the same Ranni the Witch who introduced herself during the cutscene, she'd know we were there and it'd only make sense for her to comment, which she like, still doesn't. It doesn't really matter in what order Rennala and Ranni are done, the issue is that no one ever seems to mention or care about it if you assume it's an illusion

The first time you meet her she calls herself Renna. Unless you do Ranni's Rise before Raya Lucaria, you wouldn't know who the hell Ranni the Witch is besides her being the daughter of Rennala.

Once you go to Ranni's Rise, you have absolutely no reason to bring up Rennala since you have her Great Rune. And Ranni has no reason to do anything with you since Rennala is alive.

Ranni is only relevant to Radahn since she wants you to get to Nokron, which is only possible by beating Radahn.

Regardless, all the Demigods should scale to each other since Rykard was supposed to be used by Ranni as a weapon to kill Maliketh prior to obtaining the rune of death.

Last edited:
Don't worry, I'll remind you:
The procession of the Equinox was not an example of measuring the Proper Motion of the Stars, it was an example.

You even gave the context which debunks your claim I said Equivoxes is the study of the Proper motion of the stars:

And yes, while almost imperceptible, was still measured.

For example, the precession of the equinoxes, something that is almost entirely undetectable, as the axis rotation of the Earth's cycle is around 26,000 years, was discovered in 200 BCE by Hipparchus.
You have to be incredibly dishonest to come to the conclusion you're stretch arm-stronging to reach.

You literally say that the Romans thought that the fixed stars moved, "by historical understandings" that is to say by relying on the example of the equinoxes.
No, I don't. Because your severe lack of knowledge on the subject deludes you to the wrong conclusion.

"Proper motion was suspected by early astronomers (according to Macrobius, AD 400) but a proof was not provided until 1718 by Edmund Halley, who noticed that Sirius, Arcturus and Aldebaran were over half a degree away from the positions charted by the ancient Greek astronomer Hipparchus roughly 1850 years earlier."

Ya know what. It doesn't matter.

I'm not going circles with you.

I'll leave it to everyone else to decide, because I have infinite more valuable things than to do whatever this is supposed to be, because its not debating.

Why is High 4-C possibly? He isn't magically not holding back constellations when he fights you.

The ring as far back as the trailer was also noted as being able to control the stars, there's not exactly an argument that's even possible against this one, this one also backs up the Elden Beast (the physical form of the ring) making stars in its realm
I want to expand on this too, since Sellen has some very interesting things to say at the end of her journey with the Player.

She tells the Player that when they become the Elden Lord and master of the Elden Ring, they will be the Teacher and she the student.

She asks that the player:
Do you recall what I once told you?
That glintstone is the amber of the cosmos, and sorcery is the study of the stars, and the life therein.
When you become Elden Lord, please illuminate me.
Lay bare the secrets of life which course the Elden Ring.
Next time, I will be your student.
Sellen very much seems assured of herself that the Elden Ring not only knows the secrets of the Stars but has power over it.

Doesn't malenia grow stronger after every time the rot Bloom's, which would warrant multiple keys. For example: pre first bloom (stalemated prime radahn)

Post second bloom (fights late/end game tarnished though is defeated)

Post third bloom/goddess of rot (stronger than before. Is a vessel for an outer god in the same way Marika/Radagon is so should be comparable)

Doesn't malenia grow stronger after every time the rot Bloom's, which would warrant multiple keys. For example: pre first bloom (stalemated prime radahn)

Post third bloom/goddess of rot (stronger than before. Is a vessel for an outer god in the same way Marika/Radagon is so should be comparable)
Her third bloom is against the Tarnished. We see a second bloom near her arena.

It's also the place you find Melinda's and Millicent's clothes

There's no third bloom, the Goddess of Rot state for her boss is the second bloom, the Scarlet Aeonia spell you get from her Remembrance, so after you defeated her, states "Each time the scarlet flower blooms, Malenia's rot advances. It has bloomed twice already. With the third bloom, she will become a true goddess.", clearly stating she only bloomed two times

There's no third bloom, the Goddess of Rot state for her boss is the second bloom, the Scarlet Aeonia spell you get from her Remembrance, so after you defeated her, states "Each time the scarlet flower blooms, Malenia's rot advances. It has bloomed twice already. With the third bloom, she will become a true goddess.", clearly stating she only bloomed two times
That's literally the form we fight. Hence the title of her phase 2: "Goddess of Rot". We fight in her third bloom

Also:
Her third bloom is against the Tarnished. We see a second bloom near her arena.

That's literally the form with fight. Hence the title of her phase 2: "Goddess of Rot"
The Remembrance you get states she only used it two times and the third time is a "will", as in in the future. Again, you get the spell after defeating her. It's clear she only bloomed two times

The Remembrance you get after defeating her states she only used it two times. Again, you get the spell after defeating her. It's clear she only bloomed two times
"It has bloomed twice already" We already see two of this. The Aeonia beside her arena and her fight against Radahn. When she blooms against us, it's the third time after the two previous Aenoias, she's called the Goddess of Rot, just like what the remembrance says.

"It has bloomed twice already" We already see two of this. The Aeonia beside her arena and her fight against Radahn. When she blooms against us, she's called the Goddess of Rot, just like what the remembrance says.
Then why does the Aeonia spell (wich, again, we get after defeating her, so after she was in her Goddess of Rot state) says "it has already bloomed twice" and says "will" about the third time as if she has done so thrice already?

Then why does the Aeonia spell (wich, again, we get after defeating her, so after she was in her Goddess of Rot state) says "it has already bloomed twice" and says "will" about the third time as if she has done so thrice already?
Because as I said, we literally see two bloom prior to even entering her arena

If the remembrance says she'll only be a goddess by her third bloom. Explain why she's literally called the Goddess of Rot when we fight her, which as you say is her "second bloom"? As well as we see an Aeonia nearby that's the same as the Aeonia we see after that fight?

I highly doubt Fromsoftware would put such an important thing there for no reason.

If the remembrance says she'll only be a goddess by her third bloom. Explain why she's literally called the Goddess of Rot when we fight her, which as you say is her "second bloom"? As well as we see an Aeonia nearby that's the same as the Aeonia we see after that fight?

I highly doubt Fromsoftware would put such an important thing there for no reason.
The first thing, because it's a temporary state I guess, blooming a third time would make it permanent. As for the flower nearby her arena, I don't know. And it's not an "if", the Scarlet Aeonia spell literally says that

"Technique of Malenia, the Goddess of Rot.

Creates a gigantic flower that blooms into an explosion of scarlet
rot.

Each time the scarlet flower blooms, Malenia's rot advances. It has
bloomed twice already. With the third bloom, she will become a
true goddess."

No, she doesn't, not until the 3rd when she blooms into the Goddess of Scarlet Rot.

Before that it seems that the scarlet rot is killing her or at least weakening her.

It's specifically why Miquella wanted to cure her of the Rot.

No. She's bloomed 3 times.

4 in the fight.

First she bloomed against Radahn, then the second time was outside of her Boss area, we don't know why and then for the 3rd time she blooms to fight us as the Goddess of Scarlet Rot and rises into the air.

She then does the Bloom once more as the immediate attack following her Phase 2/Goddess of Scarlet Rot fight.

And your source for this?
You red my post right? I wrote "I guess" because it's an assumption, if (and I say if) we go by the option that she only bloomed twice based on the Scarlet Aeonia description and knowing she needs to bloom three times to become a true goddess, then it would be logical to assume her state is temporary (in the case we go for the she only bloomed twice that is)
So you're suggesting we just ignore something that would seem like a very blatant important piece of lore?
The same way you're suggesting we ignore something that IS a very blatant important piece of lore?

Sarcasm aside, this is my problem with that stuff about Malenia, I feel like no matter the option we're ignoring something important. If we use the flower outside of her arena and say she already bloomed thrice, then it contradicts the spell wich clearly talks about the third blooming as something that will happen in the future, so something that hasn't happened yet, and if we use the spell to say she only bloomed twice like the description says, then we're ignoring that flower wich is the same (if smaller I think) that Malenia leaves behind her after having bloomed during the fight (not to mention Millicent leaves one to) and indeed tends to indicate she already bloomed another time

And I'm not suggesting that, I'm saying there's a lot of unclear stuff that makes all that stuff very weird, I was convinced she only bloomed two times and you gave me second thoughts but if the general consensus goes to say she bloomed three times, then it's fine for me

. I disagree. The game makes it pretty clear that no one can kill the elden beast, not even marika. I think it's iffy to scale any character beside the Tarnished to the God tier of the verse.
The reason we're scaling Godfrey, Radagon/Marika, and Dog to the Elden Beast is that they're heavily implied to be rapidly fought in quick succession to each other. Godfrey would need to scale for example unless we're saying the Tarnished one shot him or got massively stronger 30 seconds before fighting Radagon/The Elden Beast.

Astel would also share the "possibly High 4-C" scaling, as he is ONLY fought after you defeat Radahn, as its
No I mean the base rating. Everyone after Radahn would get a "possibly High 4-C" or "likely High 4-C" rating, but I don't know what we're making their non-star scaling AP below Astel. Since he has the High 6-A statement and I don't know anything notable besides that.
Also Godrick should scale to whatever Dragons scale to since he could cut one open with his exposed bone splint
The dragon corpse he cut was a puny dragon or something. Since it has a vulnerability to lightning that all those dragon's share iirc.

Possibly isn't being proposed as he's not doing it, but because there's contradicting evidence that he's actually holding back stars.

It's why the Elden Beast has the Possibly 4-A rating proposed in my idea.
It's honestly the best option, we still include tier 4 feats that way

No I mean the base rating. Everyone after Radahn would get a "possibly High 4-C" or "likely High 4-C" rating, but I don't know what we're making their non-star scaling AP below Astel. Since he has the High 6-A statement and I don't know anything notable besides that.
Ye, Astel is someone you fight after you beat Radahn, not before.

For Astel, Naturalborne of the Void, you beat him to get to the Endgame location of the Starlight Alter (the place where you marry Ranni and is the last part of her quest, way after Radahn)

For Astel, Stars of Darkness, you fight him in the Consecrated Snowfield, which can only be gotten to by beating Morgott.

In both cases, Astel is a Post-Radahn boss.

Possibly isn't being proposed as he's not doing it, but because there's contradicting evidence that he's actually holding back stars.
There isn't really.

There's 1 statement where Blaidd calls a Meteor a falling star, and people not realising that "Falling star" is another name for a "Shooting star" went to the extreme conclusion that all the stars Radahn was holding back were Meteorites.

We've luckily moved past that.

We shouldn't make keys for Astel. They're two different Astel, the term "Astel" refers to what it is.

Back