• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring Profiles

Hello, a summary of the arguments please.
Astel blew up a moon ig.
Radahn might have used most of his power to the sky feat, so we can't say if tanking his grav attacks or beating him would scale to that feat as we don't know if Radahn was using the same amount of power in the fight as doing that feat.
Or something like that.

Hello, a summary of the arguments please.
Basically my idea is the following:
  • Lore wise Astel destroyed Nokstella's moon when he raised their cities to the ground. Some items make mention of the moon and how it was destroyed and became a rain of meteors upon the Earth
  • The Tier 4 rating have issues in my view that precludes them from being a solid tier. However, there's plenty of evidence that backs them being valid that we can't ignore. So I was suggesting we give Radahn a "possibly High 4-C" rating for his feat and Elden Beast scaling people "possibly 4-A" for their respective star stuff
  • Ranni's ending only scales when she replaces Marika as God so her thing probably shouldn't scale to anyone else
  • I still have no idea what to make people below Astel
So as an example
  • Malenia would be "At least High 6-A" for being superior to Astel
  • Prime Radahn would be "At least High 6-A, possibly High 4-C with gravity magic"
  • Elden Beast would be "At least High 6-A, possibly 4-A"
But if people think that Radahn's star thing would scale to others then we would just drop the gravity magic part and make it "possibly High 4-C"

The only other way I can think of getting a tier for Radahn level people is based on him overpowering Starbeasts and calcing their mountain crater, which would scale to mid-game dudes

So on the matter of Astel

Do we have any idea on what the nebulae astel creates actually is?

Some lore supports it just being Illusions while some descriptions outright imply the opposite such as the stars of darkness description

Source for the Astel thing?

Also Radahn was passively keeping the stars up, I doubt he would be using too much of his power to keep them there.

Also even if you don't want to use Radahn for scaling, Prime Radahn fought Malenia evenly, who you fight later. Demigod scaling should make her Mid-Game level.

Also Radahn was passively keeping the stars up, I doubt he would be using too much of his power to keep them there.

Also even if you don't want to use Radahn for scaling, Prime Radahn fought Malenia evenly, who you fight later. Demigod scaling should make her Mid-Game level.
Who's late-game level?

Ehhhh. I don't think Malenia is mid game. She more like mid / late game at least

All the Demigods scale to each other though. You can also fight Mogh before ever doing Godrick.

Yeah but Godrick is like, canonically the weakest
He is the weakest yeah, but he's evidently still somewhat relative, as he lasted long enough against Malenia to ask for mercy, and also Stormveil wasn't just steamrolled by one of his siblings. If any of the demigods was way weaker than the rest, they'd have died instantly during the shattering

"Ahh, Great Runes are the stuff of demigods: the children of the goddess, Queen Marika. She who is vessel of the Elden Ring. Tainted by the strength of their runes, her children warred, but none could become Elden Lord. And so grace was extended, to your kind, the Tarnished"
"Listen, the Fingers speak. "The Greater Will has long renounced the demigods. Tarnished, show no mercy. Have their heads. Take all they have left." ...Indeed. But remember one thing. The demigods are each and all the direct offspring of Queen Marika. Godrick the Grafted was but a distant relation... The runt of the litter, his divine blood sorely diluted".
Also I would have to say he's notably weaker. His relative Godefroy was defeated by a Dragon Knight and Margitt was the main reason other Tarnished hadn't killed him yet

Also I'm with Paul on the matter of Radahn, if it wasn't clear. Radahn canonically wanted an honorable death, it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't go all out on you especially when he was the one being ganked.

Also I would have to say he's notably weaker. His relative Godefroy was defeated by a Dragon Knight and Margitt was the main reason other Tarnished hadn't killed him yet
Yeah considering this, I am certain Godrick is <<< the other Demigods. He was protected by Margit who was an Erdtree fanatic and it makes sense that he would attempt to halt any advance on the weakest of the Demigods.

Yeah, but that also means he wouldn't feel a sense of holding back, when he's being jumped by like 5+ people, and needs to kill and eat them to survive

Although there's Jerren's dialogue about how he established the festival for an honorable death so who knows if he still had a sense of honor, I doubt it but still

Well I saw the thread and no lifed the game for the past four days so I could understand stuff for the CRT.

But for the thread if the moon thing is okay with still need to find stuff to the earlier tiers of Tarnished. The High 4-C and 4-A stuff would be mid-game and onward.

What are we defining as early, mid, late and endgame

I see endgame is Maliketh through EB, which I agree with, late game seems to be Malenia, so like Haligtree and stuff, but what exactly are the cutoffs for mid and early game by this metric

Radagon fought against the Carian family and met Rennala on the battlefield yeah

Nothing explicitly says they fought but it's pretty likely, then during Rennala's phase two transition, Ranni talks about the night she conjures, and it's a realm with a moon and bunch of stars

The point of contention then becomes, is the phase two Ranni's illusion? There are a few things going against it though, namely the illusion talking to Ranni as her daughter like she's the real Rennala, talking to us when she beats us and calling it her moon, and the fact that this super strong illusion that can kill people and be used remotely was never addressed or used by Ranni ever again, or before this, in fact she doesn't comment even if we do this after meeting her, something you'd assume she'd do if you just fought an illusion she made

Remember that when we meet Rennala, Ranni was still using the moniker of Renna. She's working under the assumption we do not know she made the illusion and is trying to prop her mother up to her prime.

The Rennala we meet is too far gone and she's not even dead after we kill her in phase 2.

I'm still 100% adamant that the Rennala we fight in phase 2 is Ranni's illusion.
Totally is imo. It doesn't make sense otherwise considering how much of an invalid Rennala is otherwise and how Ranni is shown to be strong enough to kill the Tarnished even as a doll.
I see endgame is Maliketh through EB, which I agree with, late game seems to be Malenia, so like Haligtree and stuff, but what exactly are the cutoffs for mid and early game by this metric
Mostly for the thread to decide.

But as a guess my assumption would be that we treat the Tarnished as solving everything in a particular area before moving on to the boss/Legacy Dungeon.

So maybe like group Godrick to Rennala for early game, Radahn to Rykard for mid-game and Morgott to Malenia for end game

With only Dog boy on being Elden Beast level (and maybe the dragon elden lord who's name escapes me).

Prime Radahn would scale to Malenia for his non Tier 4 rating.

Yeah but someone else on one of the two threads said the illusion is supposee to represent Renalla's prime? Before she went insane or something.
The thing is, even a prime Rennala could legitimately just be an illusion. The Fell Twins blackened out an entire divine tower and stopped all the light. Rennala preforming a superior version of thst feat isn't wild.

Remember that when we meet Rennala, Ranni was still using the moniker of Renna. She's working under the assumption we do not know she made the illusion and is trying to prop her mother up to her prime.

The Rennala we meet is too far gone and she's not even dead after we kill her in phase 2.
Except we do know, because Ranni announces herself as Ranni the witch both during the cutscene, and when we meet her in Ranni's rise

I'd say Rennala not being dead is just possibly thanks to her rebirth rune

Mostly for the thread to decide.

But as a guess my assumption would be that we treat the Tarnished as solving everything in a particular area before moving on to the boss/Legacy Dungeon.

So maybe like group Godrick and Rennala for early game, Radahn and Rykard for mid-game and Morgott to Malenia for end game.

With only Dog boy on being Elden Beast level (and maybe the dragon elden lord who's name escapes me)
Liurnia and Limgrave as early, Caelid, Altus and Volcano Manor as mid, then Leyndell through Fire Giant with the side areas as late game, with Maliketh, Placidusax, Godfrey and Radagon/EB as endgame, I see

So I assume in this case we'd just assume the Tarnished didn't access Mohgwyn via Varre's quest while in Liurnia, and put Mohgwyn as lategame too?

Except we do know, because Ranni announces herself as Ranni the witch both during the cutscene, and when we meet her in Ranni's rise

I'd say Rennala not being dead is just possibly thanks to her rebirth rune
Rennala not being dead is simply because she's no danger to us, she's clearly alive after phase 1 and since Ranni's illusion drops the rune, there's no need to kill her

Who's the dog boy?
The one who Marika gave destined death. I don't feel like butchering the spelling of his name atm.
So I assume in this case we'd just assume the Tarnished didn't access Mohgwyn via Varre's quest while in Liurnia, and put Mohgwyn as lategame too?
Well in my view the Tarnished getting there and fighting Mohg are two different things. Since you'll just be obliterated at such an early level if you try to go through there with Varre's quest.

Since Mohg is Morgott's twin and they seem to split blocking the Three Fingers 50/50 I'd say it would be better to just scale Mohg to Morgott.

Liurnia and Limgrave as early, Caelid, Altus and Volcano Manor as mid, then Leyndell through Fire Giant with the side areas as late game, with Maliketh, Placidusax, Godfrey and Radagon/EB as endgame, I see
Yeah. Though as a warning I may be like, subconsciously splitting based on the wiki pre-build level benchmarks and that may not be fully correct.

But in my view it'll cover about everything: We can scale Radahn to Rykard with the starbeast crater, find something to scale Rennala and Godrick to, and Morgott onwards scales to Astel.

Back