• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Read an interesting theory that each ending causes a specific Souls game to happen.

I hear about this one a lot, tbh I really dislike it. media (and therefore media consoomers) in recent years has had such an insane obsession with the idea of multiverses and shit. just let them be different games, not everything has to be the MCU.

I wonder what if the next Soulsborne game were to be bases on a more modern era.

Like maybe the 20th century or Sci-Fi stuff. I'm curious how that would look like.

MOepBv1MRbbLwT91iBcYoTpZaGddgz9blee4PxFuvRE90lLThEIT1xsiRcv3cD4DY9cDsBu4uOb_d34=s800-rw-nd-v1

Unsettled-Tom.jpg

I do wish we got another establishment protagonist like in Sekiro in a future game.
Man I dunno if this is just the wiki bringing out the contrarian in me but I disagree again lol. Sekiro is my least favorite, partly because there's so little in terms of customization and individuality. I'd rather be My Guy than a specific dude.

Man I dunno if this is just the wiki bringing out the contrarian in me but I disagree again lol. Sekiro is my least favorite, partly because there's so little in terms of customization and individuality. I'd rather be My Guy than a specific dude.

I hear you. But at the same time it makes multiple playthroughs of the game much easier since the only thing that really changes is your skill.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think Sekiro is one of Fromsoft's greats because of its limited customizability. Because of it, the enemies and bosses are expertly crafted, and are at their best without being held back by keeping other builds in mind. It's why Genichiro, Owl, Isshin, Lady Butterfly, etc. are all fantastic fights.

I hear you. But at the same time it makes multiple playthroughs of the game much easier since the only thing that really changes is your skill.
If I wanted a game built around a single way to play the game I'd play God of War. FromSoft is one of the few studios who get freeform combat perfect, shit is entirely open ended- this is, I think, one of the best features of the games' design.

This isn't your contrarian, this is you being an RPG slvt.

I like Sekiro but I don't even consider it a soulslike, it certanly has elements from the genre but in the end it's its own thing, just like Armored Core 6.

For this reason I don't judge it like I would with a soulslike, so the game having a stablished dude is fine imo. If it was a souls then, **** that.

One of the greatest video game saga ever made taking a free bullet here
It's not a bullet, it's a difference of design choice. God of War is fine, I'm not even slandering it lol. It's just a different approach that I don't feel someone like FromSoft has to indulge in when they're plying their particular niche perfectly, in my opinion.

Shit, I even liked the PS2 era God of War games. 2018 didn't fit my fancy so I didn't try Ragnarok.

Gonna trigger somebody but man I'm not a big fan of Sekiro tbh. I love the game's vibe and story, and while the combat mechanics themselves are good man it got me angry sometimes. The only fight I really liked a lot was Isshin. It's a good game but not for me.

I also still am not a huge fan of Dark Souls. I can't understand the notion that ER is just Dark Souls but big, they're so different it's crazy.

It's not a bullet, it's a difference of design choice. God of War is fine, I'm not even slandering it lol. It's just a different approach that I don't feel someone like FromSoft has to indulge in when they're plying their particular niche perfectly, in my opinion.

Shit, I even liked the PS2 era God of War games. 2018 didn't fit my fancy so I didn't try Ragnarok.
Yeah I felt it was that, was just a joke. Plus, I agree with you

Gonna trigger somebody but man I'm not a big fan of Sekiro tbh. I love the game's vibe and story, and while the combat mechanics themselves are good man it got me angry sometimes. The only fight I really liked a lot was Isshin. It's a good game but not for me.

I also still am not a huge fan of Dark Souls. I can't understand the notion that ER is just Dark Souls but big, they're so different it's crazy.
Sekiro is like the one Fromsoftware game that doesn't interest me in the slightest. I watched several bosses and gameplay videos and the only fight that looked that great was Isshin. Same for Armored Core honestly (except I'm even less into it)

Sekiro is my least favorite, I think. I'd probably pick up Dark Souls 2 before Sekiro and I'd definitely pick up Nioh again before it

My college is kinda funny because 3 months in the semester is almost ending for me, I have all positive grades so I'm not going to the classes anymore. Already asked all the teachers to not mark my presence anymore and they agreed.

So I'm just waiting for the DLC to come so I can play the **** out of it. I already told me parents I'm not doing anything during the DLC week as well lmao.

Back