• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Hands-on reviews gave us some new information;
  • Map is apparently around the size of Limgrave + Weeping Peninsula + a part of Caelid
  • Map is significantly denser in content than main game.
  • 100+ new weapons.
  • 8 new weapon types.
  • DLC is 30-40 hours long, possibly longer.
  • Faster and more agile enemies.
Once again, Fromsoftware is cooking something great and far better than most of the industry

Millicent and Roderika are solid choices. I feel like I'd go with Millicent over Roderika.

Melina seems fine but I feel like interacting would feel really stiff and awkward.

Ranni is ehhhhh. She not bad per say, but I feel she gonna get me killed somehow.

Absolutely not Seluvis or Sellen.

I don't have any particulary love for Roderika I admit, though she's easily one of the nicest NPCs in the game and deserves some love so not her.

Millicent, it depends if she's spreading the Scarlet Rot. If not, then I'll probably go for her. Literally the only NPC I can't betray in that game with Boggart (everyone else is fair game. Yes, even Boc....I sent people to Iosefka's clinic. Knowingly).

Melina feels...awkward. I see her more like a sister than a lover.

Ranni and Sellen I could. You'd have to prove your worth to them but once it's done, they're pretty chill and Sellen is even openly sweet. Plus, being with her in particular would grant you the perfect spot to become a powerful sorcerer.

Only reason I would go for Seluvis would be to take some vials of his potion just in case I want to make someone pay and then I would forcefeed him with it

This DLC is shaping up to be massive. However this probably means that there will be no Elden Ring 2 if they dedicated this much time to a simple DLC for the game. Not that I'm sad though, I can't wait to see what Fromsoft has in store for their future.
If they do end up making an Elden Ring 2, I'm giving them my whole bank account 🗿

I know the series has concluded but I really hope one day they'll cave in and make a Dark Souls 4 with an open world like Elden Ring. Maybe even set it during the beginning of a new age of fire after the Ashen One ushered in an age of dark.

This DLC is shaping up to be massive. However this probably means that there will be no Elden Ring 2 if they dedicated this much time to a simple DLC for the game. Not that I'm sad though, I can't wait to see what Fromsoft has in store for their future.
I genuinely don't want a second Elden Ring or a sequel to any of their other IPs. They do their best work starting from fresh- it takes longer than a sequel (new lore and all that) but I think literally all of their Soulsborne titles have adequately realized worlds already. Sequels would be popular but I don't think it would be the best outcome.

Keep the new ideas coming. I'll wait six years for something incredible.

Game's not even 10 years old and looks fine by modern standards, shit is my favorite game of all time and I can firmly say I don't give a **** about no remaster, give me the next game

Bloodborne would benefit from a lot, and and mean A LOT of quality of life mods. And also from a fuckton of optimization, the game barely runs at 30 FPS on the console it was made for. On PS5 it can easily do 60 FPS or even more, and at a higher resolution as well.

Also, PC port.

I'm not sayin' it wouldn't benefit, I'm saying I'd rather move on to something outright new than playing through the game again for the 10th time. FromSoft has the best imaginable track record with new IPs, so let their games be ephemeral and let them not be chained to old lore and ideas. Excited for what they make next, for sure.

Game's not even 10 years old and looks fine by modern standards, shit is my favorite game of all time and I can firmly say I don't give a **** about no remaster, give me the next game
Nah. I'm the last person to give a damn about graphics but even I have to admit it could use some optimization.

I genuinely don't want a second Elden Ring or a sequel to any of their other IPs. They do their best work starting from fresh- it takes longer than a sequel (new lore and all that) but I think literally all of their Soulsborne titles have adequately realized worlds already. Sequels would be popular but I don't think it would be the best outcome.

Keep the new ideas coming. I'll wait six years for something incredible.
I do agree with this, though. I think with the DLC and the base game, we've already got a solid world and story. I don't want an ER 2 either.

Nah. I'm the last person to give a damn about graphics but even I have to admit it could use some optimization.
there is beauty in keeping things the way they are 🫵

Better remastering a nearly 10 year old game than whatever Sony is doing rn (srsly a TLoU 2 remaster???)

I definitely wouldn't mind side media for Elden Ring though, even if they're not games or such.

I mean like

why would we want them falling to the level of other studios though lol

They shouldn't even be in a position to be compared to whatever Sony's doing.

And, chances are, if there's a remaster, it probably won't be FromSoft making it, it'll be sold to some other studio a la Demon's Souls (since that remaster is actually well liked in comparison to the Dark Souls one).

I'm not sayin' it wouldn't benefit, I'm saying I'd rather move on to something outright new than playing through the game again for the 10th time. FromSoft has the best imaginable track record with new IPs, so let their games be ephemeral and let them not be chained to old lore and ideas. Excited for what they make next, for sure.
I agree, but the game is locked on the PS echosystem and it performs poorly on the PS4. They should take the game, make it smooth, add some QoL improvements and then release it on PC as well.

It's not really playing the same thing again, it's just that no one without the specific console can play it currently. I'm not talking about remaking the game from scratch, just do what TLOU Remaster did compared to the PS3 version, from 720p 30 FPS to 1080p 60 FPS and even 4K60 on Pro. Improve loading screens so I don't have to stare at the screen for a few seconds, and maybe make it possible to travel between lanterns. Improve the PvP and coop as well.

I think all Bloodborne needs is an enhanced port. Better optimization and a way for it to be played on other consoles and PC. I don't think a remaster is silly though. Or, well, not as silly as people raving for a "remake".

Just saw a post from PlayStationBR about Bloodborne and my heart skipped a beat, holy shit lol. Game is 50% off btw.

Yeah I want Bloodborne on PC so my friends and I can play it together.

As for Demon's Souls, I want it on PC so someone could make a mod to remove World Tendency.

As of now Bloodborne is top of the list at least when it comes to remasters. Played it recently for the first time and the frame cap and tearing legit made me want to claw my eyes out. As of now I've put it on pause and decided to wait however many decades it will take for them to port it to pc so I can actually enjoy the experience. Sucks because Bloodborne is peak in terms of atmosphere.

As of now Bloodborne is top of the list at least when it comes to remasters. Played it recently for the first time and the frame cap and tearing legit made me want to claw my eyes out. As of now I've put it on pause and decided to wait however many decades it will take for them to port it to pc so I can actually enjoy the experience. Sucks because Bloodborne is peak in terms of atmosphere.
some of you guys have never played and adored a Playstation 1/Nintendo 64 (or earlier) game in your adult lives and it shows

like it could definitely do with a makeover, but you're painting it like it's unplayable lol

I don't think Elden Ring needs a direct sequel by any means but I'd sure as hell love another game that takes place in the same world. People forget the Lands Between is only apart of the planet that it takes place on.

Back