• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Curious, but does anyone know where Godwyn stand in terms of power in lore? From what I recall, he fought Fortissax, but that's all I know

Fixed, in the future it's probably better to keep this shit in a Sandbox.

Also yeah Radahn is definitely closer to Artorias/Gael/Ludwig in theme. Radahn is another heroic knight brought to his knees by a wasting sickness (The Abyss/The Dark Soul/The Old Blood) and, as a result, is reduced to a slavering bestial shadow of his former self. Radahn may as well just copy Artorias' notes while he's at it.

Maliketh, on the other hand, is something of the opposite effect: Maliketh actively takes in the "disease" rather than try to fight it and seemingly functions fine with it, outside of hungering for death and such.

Fixed, in the future it's probably better to keep this shit in a Sandbox.
Ok thx

Red something interesting about the final battle of the game (to take with a grain of salt as I've not found anything to prove it).

To quote: The final boss being a gauntlet seems strange, as it's the only fight of its type in the game. You have to fight Radagon and the Elden Beast back-to-back with no room for restoration, and Radagon respawns if you kill him but lose to the Beast. Why are they treated as a single boss? Pay attention to the black smoke and miniature Elden Ring coursing through Radagon's body. It exits his corpse when he dies, materializing into the Beast. He was a puppet. You weren't actually fighting Radagon, the whole battle is a two-phase fight against the Elden Beast.

Ok thx

Red something interesting about the final battle of the game (to take with a grain of salt as I've not found anything to prove it).

To quote: The final boss being a gauntlet seems strange, as it's the only fight of its type in the game. You have to fight Radagon and the Elden Beast back-to-back with no room for restoration, and Radagon respawns if you kill him but lose to the Beast. Why are they treated as a single boss? Pay attention to the black smoke and miniature Elden Ring coursing through Radagon's body. It exits his corpse when he dies, materializing into the Beast. He was a puppet. You weren't actually fighting Radagon, the whole battle is a two-phase fight against Seluvis.
FIFY

Interesting bit of informations. Apparently, the Scarlet Rot god is a physical being.

The Scorpion's Stinger weapon confirms whatever divine presence is currently sealed beneath the Lake of Rot is a physical being, quite possibly a giant scarlet scorpion if the description is anything to go by note it's "a ceremonial tool used by heretics, crafted from the relic of a sealed outer god"; 'relic' in religious contexts indicates a body part of a holy being, while the description of the Lake of Rot map says "the divine essence of an outer god is sealed away in this land." The Blue Dancer Charm also states a blind swordmaster had defeated this god ages ago, but was only able to seal it away, rather than kill it.

There's a fair chance that all of the Outer Gods are physical beings, or at the very least have physical manifestations, like the Two/Three Fingers.

Also a little headcanon of mine. I personally think Malenia's mentor wears the warrior clothing, as I feel it fits the water them, as well as the sscimitar having a sort of flowing motion as it's special move.

I know we have an actual look for her master but I don't care.

There's a fair chance that all of the Outer Gods are physical beings, or at the very least have physical manifestations, like the Two/Three Fingers.
Well aside from the Scarlet Rot, it's more than implied the giant moon Ranni summons in her ending is the Dark Moon itself and blood incantations used by Mohg work by piercing the veins of their goddess so there's that. The Fell God is apparently the flame of the Giants itself and it's possible it can actually possess them (phase 2 for the Giant's figth has him manifesting an eye that is identical to the decpitions of the gods as a cyclopean monster). At least they can likely produce manifestations and chose proxies/champions (the Lord of Chaos/Goddess of Rot)

Btw, should the GW at least get a profile?

I feel like Sulyhvan and Morgott would get along by showing off their never ending combos to each other, being locked in endless combat for eternity while Rykard and Aldrich go on a god killing spree.

Probably, though Morgott could be pretty disgusted

Btw is there any news about the calcs? So we could start making profiles, at least the low level ones?

Is Rykard getting possession for taking control over the God-Devouring Serpent or is that just some weird thing it does on it's own when it devours someone?

Is Rykard getting possession for taking control over the God-Devouring Serpent or is that just some weird thing it does on it's own when it devours someone?
Don't know about that, it seems the Serpent needed to get defeated first for Rykard to take over but the lore clearly says HE was the one devouring warriors so it seems the two coexisted and the Tarnished just got rid of the Serpent first, don't know if that's good enough to add possession on the draft I made though

Not likely. From what I got its that the Serpent promised him power and so he let himself be eaten and then fussed into one. After that, Rykard thanks to his waifu who made Tarnished come to join the Volcano Manor had eaten them thus strengthening himself...likely he would have done it till a point of being strong enough to devour the God(s) but we as The Tarnished had defeated him before that.

we just need to get some ******* Calcs for these guys soon
I hope so 😩

I don't recall statements saying he outright created the sword, from what we know in the game he already had it (was probably his sword as a Praetor) and souls just got attached to it after he started to eat everyone

Back