• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I could honestly get on board with this, but you'd need evidence. In Elden Ring we have quite a bit of said evidence. Less so in Dark Souls, if memory serves
Aren't stars real in Elden Ring though? Not saying that they're being "held up" by Rahdan or something like that, but like, for the background when it's night. Unless I'm mixing this up accidentally, in which case I just shot myself in the foot.

Haven't we alread yestablished stars are real based on astronomy being very, very real and used by the Carian Royal Fmaily?

Aren't stars real in Elden Ring though? Not saying that they're being "held up" by Rahdan or something like that, but like, for the background when it's night. Unless I'm mixing this up accidentally, in which case I just shot myself in the foot.
Real, yeah, but Armor's point is moreso about their actual size. It's not quite the same point as is being made for Dark Souls but the two are similar, so I drew a comparison to show how much evidence one would need to prove something along these lines.

Real, yeah, but Armor's point is moreso about their actual size. It's not quite the same point as is being made for Dark Souls but the two are similar, so I drew a comparison to show how much evidence one would need to prove something along these lines.
Ah, yeah, now I understand. Thanks for explaining.

Alright I know this is an Elden Ring discussion thread, but there doesn't seem to be any active "Souls" thread. Would it be wise to use the Murakumo in DS1? Because from what I'm reading up on, there seems to be mixed feelings on it.

Wise in what way? I don't think it's the most meta weapon but tbh you can get away with using basically any weapon at all, same goes for most of the games.

Wise in what way? I don't think it's the most meta weapon but tbh you can get away with using basically any weapon at all, same goes for most of the games.
Like, is its damage good enough to last the whole game, is it fast enough so that I don't get stunned by an attack while swinging? That sort of wise.

Like, is its damage good enough to last the whole game, is it fast enough so that I don't get stunned by an attack while swinging? That sort of wise.
As long as you upgrade it, yeah. I used the Titanite Catch-Pole the entire game. Murakumo is faster and can be modified to fit your build as you see fit.

Red a theory saying Elden Ring is basically a prequel for Dark Souls, Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. The Age of Stars leads to Bloodborne, the Frienzed Flame leads to Dark Souls and Destined Death leads to Demon's Souls

Last edited:
Red a theory saying Elden Ring is basically a prequel for Dark Souls, Demon's Souls and Bloodborne. The Age of Stars leads to Bloodborne, the Frizned Flame leads to Dark Souls and Destined Death leads to Demon's Souls
Interesting idea, but I have issues with that. Mainly the fact that Elden Ring seems to desperately pretend that it's an alternate reality for Dark Souls itself given the little tidbits of lore like the Prehistoric Dragons previously being Immortal thanks to their scales and what not.

Cleanrot Knight Finlay is built different. Not only is she one of the few people to have even survived the Battle of Aeonia in the first place, she basically had to solo everything starting from Aeonia to the Haligtree to get Malenia all the way to her boss arena while carrying her the entire time. When the Cleanrot Knights eventually get their own Profile, I feel like Finlay either deserves her own Key or should just straight up get her own Profile.

Last edited:
Me at the beginning of the game after spoiling myself about Rykard: I'll never go into that manor
Also me now: *just entered the manor out of curiosity
I've not been able to do a single thing at the volcano manor because I won't join them but I want to explore the other rooms

I cheesed through Rykard easy the moment I decided to actually use the serpent hunter. There's a reason they gave you the weapon

Too bad the weapon is trash afterwards 😭

Yhorm reskin boss is doodoo, very much wish they'd find a new gimmick

Yhorm reskin boss is doodoo, very much wish they'd find a new gimmick
They've done a lot of gimmick fights, but the main issue is just that after the first time you beat them, they aren't enjoyable the second time around. Folding Screen Monkeys are a great example. Rykard at the very least presents itself as a 'fight' unlike Yhorm and the Storm King. I think Radahn was great tho. You had the option of doing it regular but it was presented as a gimmick so it worked. So next playthrough someone could try the method they didn't use for NG. They should do that more often, giving you the OPTION to turn it into a gimmick fight.

They've done a lot of gimmick fights, but the main issue is just that after the first time you beat them, they aren't enjoyable the second time around. Folding Screen Monkeys are a great example. Rykard at the very least presents itself as a 'fight' unlike Yhorm and the Storm King. I think Radahn was great tho. You had the option of doing it regular but it was presented as a gimmick so it worked. So next playthrough someone could try the method they didn't use for NG. They should do that more often, giving you the OPTION to turn it into a gimmick fight.
Oh, yeah, I've zero complaint about Radahn. His fight's gimmick is literally just "you can, if you want, summon a ******* army to fight him", which is a pretty grandiose gimmick. Big fan.

Rykard might have been more polished but I still find it boring to rehash the same idea for a boss fight. It's been done since Demon's Souls. Get me a new gimmick.

Speaking of, don't think I mentioned them here since I started

Here's the current progress of the Elden Ring D&D statblocks I've been working on. I had the Living Jars done but I dislike how I handled 'em so I'm going to redo them from scratch.

Back