• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I'm not saying he doesn't "deserve his place", I'm saying we're not gonna argue for a "Prime Godfrey" key based on speculation that maybe he just never used the main thing everyone like him has, simply because we only see him for a brief while. We have no ******' idea what that guy was doing all that time except from a very broad perspective.
Worst case for Godfrey is that he stopped getting stronger when he made it to Caelid and lost grace. But that was still after he fought all those wars and would still be the Godfrey the Tarnished battle.

There wouldn't be a prime Godfrey as much as Godfrey wouldn't have gotten more powerful from the before times.
Just like the "Miquella is evil" theory is dumb because everything in the game suggests he's good
The main issue isn't even Miquella being evil, but his ability to cause people to fall deeply in l9ve with him to the point they become suicide bombers will always be a creepy concept.

Mohg didn't even talk with him and he's so infatuated with Miquella he's made an entire dynasty concept around just the idea of Miquella being with him. Same with Malenia and her armies. Even if Miquella isn't evil his power is dangerous.

Worst case for Godfrey is that he stopped getting stronger when he made it to Caelid and lost grace. But that was still after he fought all those wars and would still be the Godfrey the Tarnished battle.

There wouldn't be a prime Godfrey as much as Godfrey wouldn't have gotten more powerful from the before times.
Regardless if he lost Grace or not, it's still Godfrey we're talking about. A big reason why the fans see him as a gigachad is because the guy wasn't a Demigod or really had any superpower, yet he became one of the top dogs of the setting and developped so much strength on his own Marika was attracted to him. You can even see it in his boss fight, he doesn't even have any real supernatural ability, all of them are the result of his ridiculous strength.
The main issue isn't even Miquella being evil, but his ability to cause people to fall deeply in l9ve with him to the point they become suicide bombers will always be a creepy concept.

Mohg didn't even talk with him and he's so infatuated with Miquella he's made an entire dynasty concept around just the idea of Miquella being with him. Same with Malenia and her armies. Even if Miquella isn't evil his power is dangerous.
Nothing suggests Mohg or Malenia were influenced by his power. Mohg made a pact with the Formless Mother to become Elden Lord (or the equivalent) and he needed an Empyrean to do that, that's why he went after Miquella (going after Malenia and Ranni was suicide), the whole Mohgwyn dynasty is just Mohg wanting power for himself and there's nothing in the game suggesting Miquella's power got out of control to the point of attracting Mohg.

As for Malenia, it's the same thing, nothing suggests she was following Miquella due to his power. They just grew up together as cursed children of the same god and Malenia thought Miquella was the most worthy Empyrean due to his vision and his abilities.

His power is sinister yes but nothing suggests he couldn't control it (quite the opposite actually, if anything the fact he crafted the Bewitching Branch, plus the the item's text flavor tend to prove he was controlling it just fine.

ER12.png

Playing with @Mr._Bambu

Till we get any news on the DLC, has anyone tried mods for the game? I've tried both Reforged and Convergence (Tried even the DS3 version for the latter), and they were pretty good. The latter is still in beta, but if it comes close to anything like their DS3 counterpart, then I think it's gonna be amazing.

Whoever made the Albinauric Archer gear a farmed item should go live in Dragonbarrow for the rest of his life. As well as everything you need to get in the Snowfields.

Also btw, what are ya'lll most favorite weapon to use rn? Bolt of Gransax is way too much fun. It deals a ton of damage, doesn't use too much FP, and looks cool as shit. Replaced Moonveil as my favorite weapon in the game.

Also btw, what are ya'lll most favorite weapon to use rn? Bolt of Gransax is way too much fun. It deals a ton of damage, doesn't use too much FP, and looks cool as shit. Replaced Moonveil as my favorite weapon in the game.
Siluria's tree is pretty cool as well for similar reasons.

The Golden Order Greatsword is my favourite visually. Tree Sentinel Spear is another I like.

I'm a sucker for edgy shit like Maliketh's Greatsword what with the death hax lasers and the fact that it reminds me of something straight out of Bleach.

My favourite weapon is the giant pizza cutter, can't remember what it's called it's from dude in Volcano Manor
Ghiza's Wheel
Whoever made the Albinauric Archer gear a farmed item should go live in Dragonbarrow for the rest of his life. As well as everything you need to get in the Snowfields.
Technically, it's called the Blue Silver set.
I almost exclusively use the Ruins Greatsword. However, if I had to pick best moveset period, it would probably be the Ornamental Straight Swords.

I ran Blasphemous Blade for several NG+s but had to stop due to how OP it was lol. Currently, I mainly cast but my favourite weapon is either the Dark Moon Greatsword or Bolt of Gransax aka the pocket Howitzer missile.

Almost only played a mage so I can only really speak about staves 👀

Lusat's staff is one of my favorite and not simply because it's OP but because it really looks great with all the crystals at the top. I also love the Prince of Death Staff, the Crystal Staff and the Academy Staff

For more conventional weapons, the Blasphemous Blade looks wicked and disgusting af and I love it for that

Almost only played a mage so I can only really speak about staves 👀

Lusat's staff is one of my favorite and not simply because it's OP but because it really looks great with all the crystals at the top. I also love the Prince of Death Staff, the Crystal Staff and the Academy Staff
Carian Regal Scepter and Crystal Staff clear smh.
For more conventional weapons, the Blasphemous Blade looks wicked and disgusting af and I love it for that
Ironically my go-to godslaying weapon in runs where I can't be arsed to fight Radagon/Elden Beast fairly.

Spells or Incantations?

I feel like Incantations are a lot more fun and varied.
I like spells more personally. Incantations are really varied and fun but some are lacking in sheer awesomness. For example, I love Blood Incantations but Rot Incantations are...meh

Spells are also very versatile and to me, more visually awesome and varied even with one category (the simple Glintstone spells alone have spells that produce energy shots, projectiles, weapons, explosions and even a small ball of light)

Used the Broadsword for my first playthrough of the game (Yes, I'm basic). Such a reliable weapon from DS2 till now. Additionally, it makes me excited for a second playthrough/new game+ since I tell myself that there are new weapons/builds I can go now.

To get the Bull-Goat set you have to kill best boy Tragoth. This makes you a vile traitor to your comrades. So there shall be no Bull-Goat for me, loser.

Back