• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Just because Outer Gods are higher than the Great Ones in the actual Mythos doesn't mean here they are too....it all depends on how the verse treats them....and since the series aren't connected (from what we know) then a Great One could be so much more powerful than an Outer God but reverse could be the same or any other situation .
I don't think this debate is necessary since no Outer God makes even a slight appearence (except maybe for the Dark Moon in the Age of Stars ending) and tbhe Tarnished never goes after one of them

Depends on the ending. One ending has them just eating poo. Not very good at all.

The guy I bonked the hardest with my thicc, raw, massive slate of ruin stone...his name being The Gross Gutjuice Gourmandizer.
images

Greatspear, obviously, though I dunno which one. Maybe Siluria's Tree, since it refers to the Great Tree and Yggdrasil is about as great as they come.

Armor is a toughy because there's multiple good candidates. I'm tempted to go with Kaiden set barring helmet, since it gives a good impression of "a Northman would wear this, absolutely". More options would include Blaidd's chestpiece or pieces of the Crucible sets. Helmet wise... very hard to say. Maybe the Elden Lord, maybe the Shaman helmet? Nothing I can immediately think of invokes the imagery of Odin's winged helmet.

Spells are a more difficult question. Lucidity comes to mind, since Odin is about as lucid as they come due to the whole all-knowing thing. It makes a lot more sense for Odin to be a sorcerer as opposed to a cleric based on his intellect, in fact, so we could just give him a litany of sorceries that'd be useful. Scholar's Armament would be fun if we gave him a greatspear that could benefit from it (Tree Spear?). Zamor's Ice Storm, Glintstone Icecrag, Freezing Mist, and Adula's Moonblade are all fun ideas due to the frozen north aesthetic but not really fitting of Odin's spear iconography (specifically for Adula's Moonblade).

Greatspear, obviously, though I dunno which one. Maybe Siluria's Tree, since it refers to the Great Tree and Yggdrasil is about as great as they come.

Armor is a toughy because there's multiple good candidates. I'm tempted to go with Kaiden set barring helmet, since it gives a good impression of "a Northman would wear this, absolutely". More options would include Blaidd's chestpiece or pieces of the Crucible sets. Helmet wise... very hard to say. Maybe the Elden Lord, maybe the Shaman helmet? Nothing I can immediately think of invokes the imagery of Odin's winged helmet.

Spells are a more difficult question. Lucidity comes to mind, since Odin is about as lucid as they come due to the whole all-knowing thing. It makes a lot more sense for Odin to be a sorcerer as opposed to a cleric based on his intellect, in fact, so we could just give him a litany of sorceries that'd be useful. Scholar's Armament would be fun if we gave him a greatspear that could benefit from it (Tree Spear?). Zamor's Ice Storm, Glintstone Icecrag, Freezing Mist, and Adula's Moonblade are all fun ideas due to the frozen north aesthetic but not really fitting of Odin's spear iconography (specifically for Adula's Moonblade).
Sounds neat

Thought about using Death Sorceries to since Odin is heavily related to death

Also a good point.

Jeez. Did y'all use that farming spot or something? It's been a struggle to really earn rune around this point
Which are you referring to? I have three farming areas.

Initially it was just me killing the little dues near Gurranq's temple in Caelid. Each little dude got me like over 1000 runes. My second one is inMohg's temple. Near a cliff, I just sniped the bird and made it fall over and over, which felt boring and eggregious to do but each bird kill got me over 11000 runes. Which is insane. I also farmed in the haligtree in the church area. A cleanrot knight gets you like over 6000 runes, while the soldier guys get you like over 2000 runes. This is my favorite farming spot as it's the most fun one to go through and isn't as boring as the Mohg Bird one.

Considering you're already at the farum azula, I recommend you use the haligtree church area as a place to farm runes. But if you're fine with getting up and shooting the same damn bird over and over. Go to the cliff in Mohg's temple and just snipe the bird and wait for it to fall and kill itself.

Jeez. Did y'all use that farming spot or something? It's been a struggle to really earn runes around this point
Haligtree church area, that's the best spot like Emirp said above, regular enemies drop around 2000 to 2200 runes and the Cleanrot Knights drop 6000, Elphael's also the location where you can get what's needed to level up powerful summons like the Mimic Tear Ash

The Haligtree is also a fun place where I can bully enemies with my new builds.

I feel so bad for the Cleanrot Knight outside the church. She gets ******* folded everytime I try a new build kek.

Back