• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Edo Madara reacting to ethereal transmission jutsu

I was rewatching Madara vs the Kages and noticed that at the beginning( https://youtu.be/8w-EOHeWowM ) Madara and Muu were about to attack but were intercepted by Tsunade and Ay arriving via the ethereal transmission jutsu ( http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Heavenly_Transfer_Technique ) which teleport objects/people at the speed of light. If you look closely Madara was able to put his arms up to block the hit at the last second and then land on the rock behind him unharmed, meanwhile Muu got pummeled and sent flying cuz he couldn't react. I know the whole light speed Naruto is a controversial topic here, which is why I put it here to get everyone else's opinion on this. Idk how to post scans from the Manga, but it shows the exact same thing as the anime btw(since I know the Manga is the preferred source material).

Was the attack he reacted to lightspeed? Did he react to them mid teleport, or did the teleport end, they attacked and he reacted If it's the latter it's a no go

They didn't react to them moving at lightspeed. This has been discussed dozens of times.

^^^ Read the wiki page I provided, it's not teleportation, it's movement speed. They just call it teleportation cuz it moves so fast, hence why their version of a flash step is called the teleportation jutsu.

They reacted to them when they came out of lightspeed and attacked not while they where still moving at lightspeed.

I get that, im calling it teleportation because its simpler. Now did he react while they were lightspeed or did it end and THEN they attacked and he reacted. If so it aint happening my man.

^^^ That response was for LordGriffin not you cuz I thought he was saying reacting to teleportation was different than movement speed. Also idk where you saw this but with Sasuke since this technique was never used on him.

I mean from the looks of it, there's no indication that they were NOT moving at light speed when they attacked. They were still enveloped in light when they striked if that makes a difference.

No. As I've stated dozens of times before, a far more logical explanation was for them to have reacted to Tsunade and A after the teleportation while they were blinded by the flash. The Heavenly Transfer technique is designed to transport objects in the orientation they arrived in. There's little chance for Tsunade and A to have positioned themselves for an attack mid-flight, especially when such a feat contradicts all of their other feats.

You have no proof they where still moving at lightspeed. The light shining signafies they arrived and said light blinded them so they couldn't see them attack and at the last second they noticed them. They blocked them coming out of lightspeed not while they where still moving at lightspeed.

Though this can be seen differently to others.

In the scans you can see the flash of light shadowing Madara's and Muu's face before they are knocked back. This shows Tsunade and Ay arrived before attacking.

What's impressive is how fast they attacked AFTER touching down, but Madara didn't react to them being transported at Light Speed. Interesting enough though, Madara did react to Mei being teleported before she arrived (Though it's debatable):

0562-015

Discussion Rule: The possibility for Madara Uchiha and the rest of the Naruto franchise characters to move at light speed has already been discussed and debunked repeatedly. Currently, any repetition of said discussion is highly annoying, not subject to discussion.

Oh look, another one of those threads.

Anyways, it has been agreed upon time and time again, not just by several staff but by several members as well that Tsunade and Ay were able to attack Madara because he was blinded by the flash.

Also, think about it. It was specifically noted to be travel, not actual teleportation (because otherwise, noting it to be at the speed of light is pointless). That said, you can't travel in a straight line from point A to point B without bumping into something, so it's logical that the transporation goes upward and then down, in an arc. Then, we see here that they are moving horizontally, given the way Ay's aura is drawn.

Had they struck immediately while still moving, their attack would logically come from above, not sideways.

Chapter of their arrival here.

Going by everything else we know about Madara's gap between other characters-- the regular speed of Tsunade and Ay being used to attack Madara doesn't add up -- he's reacted and hasn't been surprised by other feats. But its already been discussed, other ppl on this site don't believe they we're moving at lightspeed when the direct hit came.

Just adding another bit-- as I said before if they we're to have landed, then jumped and sent hard hits that doesnt seem likely for Madara to take those hits like that.

Back