• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TyranoDoom30

He/Him
Sephiroth arrives in the Kirby universe and starts attacking Popstar and Meta Knight has to stop him

speed is equalized
both at their peak
this is canon sephiroth

sephiroth-ffviiart_u8n5.png

images

The One Winged Angel
vs
The Lone Swordman

Last edited:
So, does Sephiroph resist Multi-Galactic Level Empathic Manip? Last I checked the Friend Hearts are a Star Allies’ first move, and ‘at peak’ implies a Star Allies Meta Knight.
It says he resist Empath/Mindhax from the Lifestream, but I have no clue how powerful that is.

Also whats his first move, that’s important.

Well, I don't know if it really compares but Sephiroth's resistance to Empathic Manipulation scaling from the Lifestream has the power of every living thing that has ever existed on the Planet (not only humans, animals, insects, plants, everything) ever since life began, in a cycle where when a creature dies it returns to the Planet and this grows stronger.

Hm. Well, Star Allies practically has you spam Friend Hearts whenever you can. Need to beat a Puzzle? Friend Hearts. Beat an enemy? Friend Hearts. The one of the first enemies in the game, how is it beaten? Friend Hearts. So I think it’s safe to say Star-Allies Meta Knight is using those Friend Hearts.
And if that’s the case... Sephiroph got any way to beat Meta Knight before he’s abducted into the cult? He’s listed as cocky and arrogant in the profile, so if he hesitates too long, he’ll probably get beaten down with Galacic-Level Empathhax.

Sephiroph certainly has an AP advantage- Meta Knight would be lucky to even harm Seph. However, Meta Knight has Mid Regen meaning he can Regen near instantly from things such as being impaled (Seph has Regen too, but that doesn’t matter as Meta Knight can’t really injure him anyways). Meta Knight has a Range Advantage with his attacks, however, and a large mobility advantage from his small Size and Flight, which he commonly abuses. He also can come back from death by Absorbing Life Energy- side question, does that mean he could come back from being absorbed into the Negative Lifestream? Sounds like something that has Life Force in it.

Both are incredibly skilled, and Meta Knight has no chance in Close Combat. Even if Meta Knight doesn’t start with Friend Hearts, he can come back, and should be able to register the immense difference between the two fighters. Since he has Friend Hearts, I’m convinced he will use them, even moreso if he feels he’s at a large disadvantage. With a resistance that’s not strong enough to combat the Multi-Galactic Potency, and the fact that Friend Hearts don’t need contact to work (at least, not direct contact), if Meta Knight uses them I’d bet Sephiroph loses.

Tl;dr Meta Knight uses Friend Hearts and wins. Granted, I could be wrong. Sephiroph could have some thought-based Hax I don’t know about or instantly start with something Meta Knight doesn’t resist. However, from what I know at this moment, Sephiroph probably loses to the Friend Hearts despite being massively outmatched in AP.

Hm. Well, Star Allies practically has you spam Friend Hearts whenever you can. Need to beat a Puzzle? Friend Hearts. Beat an enemy? Friend Hearts. The one of the first enemies in the game, how is it beaten? Friend Hearts. So I think it’s safe to say Star-Allies Meta Knight is using those Friend Hearts.
And if that’s the case... Sephiroph got any way to beat Meta Knight before he’s abducted into the cult? He’s listed as cocky and arrogant in the profile, so if he hesitates too long, he’ll probably get beaten down with Galacic-Level Empathhax.
Not gonna lie, the idea of Sephiroth turning good, participating in Friendship based Team Moves and doing the victory dance is so surreal it's absolutely glorious to picture.

I am currently at work right now, but I'll try to give more input later today to see how the two bad boys measure up.

If Sephy is baseline 3-C then MK should be able to take hits and harm him given the insane scaling from Void Termina, which is as high into 4-A as it gets as he should be 3-C based on his own scaling. It did take 4 to defeat him but the Kirby-level characters became stronger later in another mode and particularly in Fighters 2 in a shonen-like matter, see the explanation blog the verse page has.

Star Allies does make you spam Friend Hearts and it is accurate that it's in-character for all Star Allies like MK, but it doesn't necessarily mean he starts with it, he could, but as a sword fighter he likely won't. If Sephy's above baseline 3-C then he wins, if not then it depends on what Sephy uses in-character in the time it would take MK to know he has to use a Friend Heart.

I am looking up something, but as ridiculous as it sounds, Sephiroth might have enough resistance to take the Friend Heart. Give me a bit and I'll confirm wether this is right or not.

Sephiroth has much higher AP + Type 8 Immortality. Something Meta Knight (from looking at the profile anyway) can not get by, Sephiroth wins here.

If anyone here is willing to quote me on something and make a few dozens of edits on Kirby profiles then the multic-galactic mind hax everyone has can be removed, making Sephy win.

If anyone here is willing to quote me on something and make a few dozens of edits on Kirby profiles then the multic-galactic mind hax everyone has can be removed, making Sephy win.
How so?

Anyhow, I did ask but didn't get an answer for exact numbers exactly, apologies... So I can only give part of my reasoning. As I mentioned above, Sephy's resistance to Soul, Mind, Empathic manip and such comes from enduring the Lifestream actively trying to erode his individuality, even after he was killed and his spirit was destroyed by Cloud. This is significant because the Lifestream grows stronger (making the process more powerful) every time a creature dies and its life returns to it, a cycle that applies to every single living thing on the Planet, ever since life began on the Planet billions of years ago. All those souls and spirits that have returned to the lifestream are effectively part of it and under its control under the collective, to put it somehow. Sephiroth could withstand that sort of weight and power trying to erode his spirit and take his memories and emotions.

Now I don't know if that's enough for Multi Galactic friendship, especially, since don't know how inhabited Galaxies are in Kirby. But hey, worth bringing to discussion.

Might be worth mentioning that Sephy will know of the Friend Heart and its power thanks to Jenova's Memory Scanning ability (moot point if Meta Knight resists telepathy, though) and red flags will rise when he sees it coming.

Back