• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking it over and I'm pretty sure the Fear Hax needs to be willed in as opposed to passive.

Rainbows show up once it's activated.

HW is not his will to fight. It's his rage and sorrow against humanity manifested. If Domenico activates Heavy Weather, it can't be deactivated. It's irreversible.

Schnee One said:
I've been thinking it over and I'm pretty sure the Fear Hax needs to be willed in as opposed to passive.
Nah, it's passive. Shown several times.

Or Gaule came out. Stella was trashed by fear.

Habob came out. Stella was trashed by fear.

They went into Edel's household. Stella was trashed by fear without even realizing she was around Edel.

That's not what I recall from Stella.

She saw a Edel, approached her, then Edel showcased her bloodlust, which is where Stella got scared

Schnee One said:
That's not what I recall from Stella.
She saw a Edel, approached her, then Edel showcased her bloodlust, which is where Stella got scared
What chapter are we talking about here?

@Spooky

So he doesn't have HW up all the time?

Aren't "all" stands will to fight? As in the nature of the stand itself is someone's will.

I wrote in the OP "Both at their peak". It means Domenico starts with Heavy Weather immediately and with his best abilities.

Stands are souls manifested. Usually that's linked with will to fight. But Heavy Weather is his rage, sorrow and hatred incarnated.

SpookyShadow said:
I wrote in the OP "Both at their peak". It means Domenico starts with Heavy Weather immediately and with his best abilities.
Stands are souls manifested. Usually that's linked with will to fight. But Heavy Weather is his rage, sorrow and hatred incarnated.
At their peak means "strongest keys for both". Not "he has his passive stuff activated", it's like saying "Edelweiss starts with death hax".

So HW is different? But still rage and sorrow aren't they still part of will? As in it's his "will to hate shit blah blah blah that manifested HW".

@Schnee

Eh? Just to quote it.

Stella said and walked towards the cabin.

Followed by Ikki and the others――

They ended up overtaking Stella in the blink of an eye.

Despite that, the three of them walked slowly to keep themselves behind Stella.

― Stella?

― Hey, are you going to see her or not? Or you're getting the cold feet at this late hour?

― T-that's not it!

Stella denied it and quickened her steps to overtake the three of them.

But――the distance didn't shorten.

Which wasn't surprising.

Because Stella hadn't given a step forward from the place she landed on.

― ――, what is…!?

No matter how much she tried to move forward, she just shoveled the snow under her feet.

She felt as if she tried to move forward while rubbing her forehead against an invisible wall.

― Wh-why!?

As one would expect, and based on Stella's state, Ikki and the others noticed that something strange happened to her body.

― Could it be that you can't move forward?

― Y-yeah. T-there seems to be something like an invisible wall in front of me. Maybe… a barrier or something?

There's something, isn't it?

To the words of Stella, who tried to say so,

― You're wrong.

Ascaride denied it.

― There are no walls here. You just aren't moving voluntarily.

― It's me, you say?

― Your soul understands the meaning of moving even further, and it's being intimidated by it.

― ――! Is there such a thing!?!?

She is unable to move even before Edelweiss shows up. But that is a rather moot point either way as Edelweiss is bloodlusted most of the time either way. The only reason she didn't just kill everyone there was because she was fond of Ikki and those were all his m8s.

I concede

ANNNNNYWAY I'll just end this debate here.

Weather is either going to stand there in fear and Edelweiss kills him before becoming a snail or Edelweiss chases after him with Zero Accel and catches up.

Either way, with Weather completely incapable of playing on the defensive, Edel very easily catches up to him, and kills him.

Voting for Edel.

Alitudil0 said:
if Weather doesn't run away because of fear and HW already active then Edel get snailed, i vote WR.
I still find fault with this whole "he will start with passives up" idea tbh.

@Schnee

I mean voting is not really worth it. Since you read the chapter you already know how stupidly broken the desperado passives will become.

Alitudil0 said:
if Weather doesn't run away because of fear and HW already active then Edel get snailed, i vote WR.
Edel walks up to him and gets him

Any more arguments?

@Fire How so?

Also "running away because of fear" doesn't seem to happen against Desperado. They just break down in fear. It's probs something along the lines of "they understand no matter what they do they are screwed" kind of thing.

Domenico's most inevitable ability is actually snailing and that happens when he's at his peak.

Stands powers usually depend on personality. For example, Star Platinum is so powerful because of Jotaro's sense of justice, or Killer Queen's Bites the Dust was born because of his desire to live a quiet life.

Talking about Kira, he's a good example. His only reason to fight is his unstoppable bloodlust and kinks. Even an infant had a Stand named Death 13, and an infant shouldn't really have will to fight. Domenico had a sense of justice, but I wouldn't say he had a will to fight. At the time there was only his hatred. Dude wanted to die.

<Walk away

Why the ****

Edelweiss charges up and cuts his head of because he is standing there and can't defend himself

Or, she thinks "Die" and he dies.

False.

Heavy Weather isn't an instantaneous passive, it actually takes a few seconds for it to work.

Otherwise, all of his wins would get removed since they are osssive wins.

Making a CRT on what is already accepted is Completely pointless. You make it because it being not instantaneous is the entire reason he doesn't stomp people.

How is 300 meters enough?

Now, wait. I've never thought about that. When speed is equalized, is it equalized to slower character? Because Domenico is naturally Superhuman in speed.

And does she charge at her opponent instantly or start with her amps? I don't know jack about Edel so asking.

Also, when HW first appeared, IIRC rainbow appeared when Domenico wanted it to appear... Maybe I'll do some research or ask Chariot. I read Stone Ocean some good time ago.

SpookyShadow said:
So doesn't that fall under speed equalization?
Why would it? It doesn't literally amp her speed. It amps her "start". Zero Accel is just our name for "she negates acceleration and always moves at top speed" which is an effect usually similar to a speed amp.

Oblivion Of The Endless said:
The snail effect is not instant but the powernull is
Edelweiss gets nulled and gets turned into a snail after a few seconds
>Null

>Acausality type 4

Yeah, i'd need feats for it nulling literal traits of existence.

You don't need feats of affecting Type 4 Acausals to affect Type 4 Acausals. Where did that came from? That's for Type 5 Acausals

Yeah, no. He can't null the acausality. But why the heck would it matter anyway?

@Ion

It's about "nulling acausality". Not it being resistance.

@Sir Ovens

Literally all of her powers are cus she exists beyond causality and fate. Nulling all of those would require HW to turn her into something that is now affected by causality and fate.

I see no correlation between "being disconnected from the fate of the world" and "scaring your opponent shitless"

Sir Ovens said:
I see no correlation between "being disconnected from the fate of the world" and "scaring your opponent shitless"
Except that's the only reason it exists and why it's strictly for desperados.

If she needs to think to use it, it gets nulled. The snailing process messes with your ability to control your powers, not null it outright.

"She saw a Edel, approached her, then Edel showcased her bloodlust, which is where Stella got scared"

I'm confused now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back