• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but the issue is as i said "without resistance you shouldn't be able to escape Edel". Just cus a higher d thing can affect it, doesn't mean a lower D thing cannot.

I mean her Fate of killing would be overwritten by the Miracle as it ensures Rhinomon's victory. As the two powers are so similar but yet opposite only one of them can manipulate Fate to bring about a predetermined outcome. As the Power of Miracles has greater power then Desparado its change to Fate would always override Despardo's, rerewriting the Fate to remove Edelweiss' changes and adding its own to ensure Rhinomon's victory.

Gonna be honest, the PoM sounds more like Probability manip on the forefront if all it’s doing mainly is ensuring a victory for rhino, not outright giving him victory.

Because the Power of Miracles isn't going to just rewrite Fate once and not do it again when Edelweiss tries to change his Victory and as the Power of Miracles is far stronger its Fate will always be the one that wins out. Also, Kukui that's just being pedantic, ensure basically means to guarantee or to make certain.

Peacockmon has the same power, so by what Dragon said previously, the 3rd spot is probably owned by these two, while the OS Generics and Eater will probably go to 2nd spot in the future, so Edel ended losing to Shion, to PoM and idc about William, so she will go to 4th if she defeats Rimuru, i think this thread can be closed now.

the manipulation of ensuring victory is still fate manip
Not really from what I’ve seen seen. Other abilities that do the same thing aren’t considered fate hax here and if its only making victory guaranteed instead of outright handing it to rhino on a silver platter, that’s not exactly a fate. It’s just Probability being a lot higher in the users favor.

Not to mention PoMs has been considered probability manip already. The only thing about it that’s fate based from what ive seen is reviving someone from death.

Well, does it really matter? Probability in this case would still be stronger, and thus able to counter fate hax, but i think a thread could be done when Dragon returns unless we have other Digimon supporters (we do?).

Not really from what I’ve seen seen. Other abilities that do the same thing aren’t considered fate hax here and if its only making victory guaranteed instead of outright handing it to rhino on a silver platter, that’s not exactly a fate. It’s just Probability being a lot higher in the users favor.

Not to mention PoMs has been considered probability manip already. The only thing about it that’s fate based from what ive seen is reviving someone from death.
manipulating the victory is manipulating the outcome and thus is still fate manip

Well, does it really matter? Probability in this case would still be stronger, and thus able to counter fate hax, but i think a thread could be done when Dragon returns unless we have other Digimon supporters (we do?).
Considering probability manip is just a facet of fate hax, it kinda does?

Unless one is vastly more potent than the other, which I don’t think is the case here with Desperado.

@ProfessorKukui4Life this is just how the fate manip work it says that PoM users will overcome any predicament and that a series of coincidences will occur that will guarantee said mon's victory no matter what odds he faces
it doesn't mention anything rgarding increasing chances or probability it's just how PoM works

@ProfessorKukui4Life this is just how the fate manip work it says that PoM users will overcome any predicament and that a series of coincidences will occur that will guarantee said mon's victory no matter what odds he faces
it doesn't mention anything rgarding increasing chances or probability it's just how PoM works
Okay but the way it’s been talked about and/or treated here in this matchup kind of says otherwise.

But this isn’t the thread for me to really discuss the issues anyway so i guess I’ll leave it at that.
PoM is smurf.
Okay so how is this matchup not stompish then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back