• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
-Transmutation: Via bag of dragonite, they can transform into a fire breathing dragon to do massive damage.

I think you mean Transformation.

-Statistics Amplification: Can boost their durability via Defense spray.

Seems legit.

-Soul Manipulation and Poison Manipulation: Via Pharao's course, can summon an ectoplasmic ooze to poison the enemy.

That's Ectoplasm Manipulation, not Soul Manipulation. There is actually a difference, lol.

-Sound Manipulation: Via Stag Beetle.

No idea what the item does.

Resistance to: Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, OHKO, Status Effects Inducement (Paralysis, Freeze, Confusion, Empathic Manipulation and Poison) via Pendants and Bracelets.

Links? Again I'm not doing your research for you.

Teddy bears (Yes, a 7-C Teddy Bear. One that is above baseline since it survived 20 kilos.)

No idea what that is.

- Explosion Manipulaton via Bombs, Super Bombs, and Pencil Rockets.

Seems legit.

- Possible Durability Negation via The New Year's Eve bomb, after one use, it leaves the opponent with 1 HP.

Not dura negation, at least not at every physical level. Take the strongest enemy it works on and use that dura as a cap to escape a No Limits Fallacy pit.

-Statistics Amplification via offense and defense spray.

Seems legit.

-Can break physical and psychic shields with Shield Snatcher (for Boney).

Links.

-Sound Manipulation via Siren Beetle for Duster

I guess. No idea what it does though.

-Sumonning via Honey Shower (Calls a swarm of bees to attack a person.) (lol 7-C bees)

Nick Cage approves. Seems legit.

- Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Sleep Manipulaton, Electricity Manipulaton, Confusion, Ice Manipulaton. And healing (brings back health every turn.) with special clothing, bracelets and Pendants (for the protagonists)

l i n k s

I think the new years eve bomb is pretty clearly durability negation. Iirc its wiki policy that attacks that ignore defense bypass durability, and the enemy that it effects is only able to be harmed by attacks that bypass durability like PK Flash's Death Manip/OHKO

Yee. In canon the only things that can kill it are abilities that bypass durability. If you try and abuse ludonarative dissonance and kill it by winding down its HP with weaker attacks then the game will crash. You literally cannot defeat it without an OHKO move (or something very close to it) such as The Bomb or PK Flash

Yep, the description of the New Years Eve bomb reads:

"Reduces all enemies' HP to 1. Don't rely on it, though. It could be a dud."

Hence why I put "possible" since, as the descriptions says, it's not always reliable in combat. But as others said above, the only thing to defeat The Porky statue (which has a lot of HP) is Dura negating attack's like PK Flash and The New Year's Eve Bomb.

I'll comment on the others probably tomorrow since it'll take a lot of time to do so.

Oh jeez, hopefully this thread isn't dead. My apologize for the inactivity.

Ness: I only agreed with the removal of Fourth wall stuff and Self-resurrection. Time stop resistance became Minor resistance. Should the creation of Magicant be "Universal creation"? (I also want to use this to further back up his Low 2-C rating)

Giygas:

Mind Manipulation:

Hopefully these quotes help (Taken from here and here)

From Earthbound Beginnings:

"The black clouds that hang over the mountains...They're making all the towns-people crazy."

"The animals went mad and out of control. The dead became zombies and began attacking people. What can be done?" (Madness manipulation?)

"The animals went mad and began to escape, so the Zoo was locked. "

"Someone must be controlling the dead." (Which that is Necromancy, another ability that's not in his profile)

"I think something is controlling the animals."

From Earthbound:

"From now on, you'll be fighting enemies sent by Giygas, as well as humans who have evil thoughts. They'll definitely make trouble during your adventure ! Animals are also becoming violent due to Giygas' influence over the evil in their minds ! It is the truth, so listen! - Buzz-Buzz"

Giygas is able to manipulate the evil in the minds of living beings, both human and animal, and can manipulate even the forms of inanimate objects all with his mere presence (Even states that in his profile). As all enemies is basically that, from Giygas influences (all enemies in Earthbound are either caught by Giygas influence or are working for Giygas; after you beat Giygas at the end of the game, enemies are no longer present within the world and you can wander it freely because "Evil energy" is no more, also backs that up.) His influences even caught on to Ness, which in Magicant, he has to defeat his evil side. As such, when Ness' Nightmare is defeated, Ness destroys all of the evil, fears, and doubts that were within him, allowing him to touch The Truth (Which I'll get into soon) and absorb Magicant.

Void Manipulation:

Perhaps I made a mistake? I don't know as During the battle, Pokey shuts the Devils machine (A machine meant to hold his tremendous power and stabilize his mind) off, causing all of Giygas's power to be unleashed; the event surrounds the four children in a chaotic, bizarre dimension of darkness. It's weird, but that's what immediately happened as soon as the machine was turned off (You can look here)

and finally

Illusion creation: You are correct. But I don't see why it can't be used as an equipment because we know it was a tool that he used against people and, soon, Ness and Jeff. So what if he doesn't wield it into combat? By then, it was already destroyed by two kids.

I'll get into The Truth and Items soon enough.

Bump

(I will respond with The truth and the items tomorrow, hopefully things can get concluded after which.)

We preferably need more staff input here. It would help if you ask some of the administrators and discussion moderators that I recommended earlier, after first writing a summary of what is being suggested.

Items: (i've made a few mistakes here, so I'll fix them here and edit the OP)

Sound Manipulation (Stag Beetle): Descrpition reads: "By throwing this at the enemy during battle, the enemy is shocked and stops moving. Gone after one use." In the Mother 3, this name is given to the Siren Beetle, which is a part of Duster arsenal. The description reads: "Makes enemies turn around due to a deafening noise."

(Fixed a few stuff here, my apologize) Resistance to: Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, OHKO, Status Effects Inducement (Paralysis, Confusion, Empathic Manipulation, and Sleep Manipulation) via Pendants and Bracelet: The Star Pendant " Provides protection from Fire, Freeze, Flash and Paralysis." PK Flash including OHK, paralysis, confusion, and crying uncontrollably. The Goddess_Band grants resistance to Hypnosis "Must be equipped on your arm. It increases your Defense. Helps keep you from being hypnotized, and it also increases your Luck."

Teddy Bear: Fairly simple, a really stuffed plush bear that receives most of the hits from enemies in battle to reduce the amount of damage Ness's party takes, until it becomes a pile of fluff.

Shield Snatcher: Another mistake in my part, other party members are able to equip it. Not just Boney.

Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Electricity Manipulaton, Ice Manipulaton, OHK, Status Effect Inducement (Paralysis, Confusion, Uncontrollably crying, Sleep Manipulation, and Poison), and healing (brings back health every turn.) with special clothing, bracelets and Pendants (for the protagonists): The Thud Charm resist all status effect inducement "Increases protection from all status ailments.". Electricity resistance thanks to the Thunder Pendant. Here, The Knit sweater is able to restore some HP each turn.

Ya like Jazz?: As others said, it's just covering an enemy in honey, causing a swarm of bees to attack.

The Truth of the Universe: I'll try to make things simple for others. Like what SuperBearNeo X said, despite being rather vague and ambiguous, it's very similar to that of The Gentle Pull so it could apply as a profile. Since we know that it was a force controlling what happens in the universe, and a supreme deity.

- "The truth of the universe travels the cosmos like a grain and like a wave and speaks to the universes known as man. Your coming here, my waiting here… It was all predestined truth. Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo… When these four forces meet, the twisting cosmos will breathe calmly once more."

Refering to it as both a grain and a wave refers to it being both small and tiny and vast and all encompassing at the same time, that is all leading to Omnipresence. We have seen it communicating with Ness, and with Lucas. Intrestingly, the "speaks to the universes as man" part is most certainly connected to Magicant. Which not only backs Magicant being a universe, but implies that there are more than one (Not gonna try anything with that tho, but of course, there is also Maria's magicant).

"The Sea of Eden is filled with ultimate intelligence. It's a place where you can touch the truth of the universe for just an instant."

So the Truth of the Universe is something that can be reached in Magicant, the universe that exists inside Ness. It's by going to the Sea of Eden that Ness fights his evil self (or Giygas Influence) that he achieves great power, so the Truth of the Universe likely has something to do with this as what was said above. Already, in Ness's profile, said that the truth of the universe was described to be both space and time.

Now, when you speak to that one Rock that told Ness he will be become one with the Universe, but apparently he and his friends are part of a "universal system": "At last, you speak to me.

Listen well, Ness. I am about to tell you something so important that you should probably write this down.

Ready? You are a chosen one. Your destiny is not yours alone… It is part of a universal "system". The time will come when every part of you will become one (note: or overlap) with every part of the universe.
you need not understand right now.
Do you remember "Giant Step" back in Onett? That was one of "Your Places"
These are spots that give you power and draw out "every part" of you.
They are protected by monsters affected by that power. However, you obviously must have defeated them.
Once you've stood at all eight of these power spots in the world…
Once the Sound Stone has recorded the melodies of all the power spots, you will see "Your World" for the very first time."

"You must listen to the sounds of all eight power spots.

Defeating Gyiyg without doing so will be impossible.
Do you understand, Ness?
The moment when your destiny becomes one with the destiny of the universe… is close at hand."

He and his friends destiny are part of a "universal system". Being able to meet up and overcome many obstacles that otherwise seems impossible and that Ness was able to achieve such power to confront Giygas. Chosen Ones are part of this Universal System, which this system choses when the universe is in need. The reference to "chosen ones" in Mother 3 implies that this universal system chose Lucas & Claus to pull the Seven Needles, but Porky corrupted Claus to his own ends.

"It says only those with the power of PK Love can pull the seven Needles. Not even we Magypsies have that ability. In other words, you're able to pull the Needles because you're a chosen boy. " (Taken from here)

". . Lucas It seems you're a chosen one, with the ability to pull the Needles sealing the Dragon away. You MUST pull the Dark Dragon's Needle with your own hands, and pass your heart on to the Dragon.- Leder"

TLDR:

-The "universal system" is destiny that the Truth of the universe controls.

- Can use Telepathy and has shown indication of Omnipresence

- It speaks to the universes (Magicant) that apperantly lies in people (as shown with Ness's Magicant. He reached his full power and merged with the Universe by touching the Truth in his Magicant)

- Chosen ones include Ness, Paula, Jeff, Poo, Lucas & Claus

I've linked this a lot, but the heroes were able to achieve victory in two timelines. It was already said in the beginning in the game by Buzz Buzz that they lost in one timeline to Giygas. These is indication to different timelines existing within the Earthbound multiverse.

@Ant

I've asked a few staff members to give their inputs.

Okay. Thanks. A few is probably not enough though.

As I mentioned earlier, if you write a summary of the arguments so far, and then ask for staff input, that might lead somewhere. Otherwise nothing will likely happen here.

You still need to politely ask several staff members to give input though.

From what I recall, the current Earthbound statistics were created via considerable staff discussion, so I am uneasy with adjusting them without something comparable.

I mean, there aren't a whole lot of people on the site who are familar with Earthbound. Not to mention, most of these are just minor abilities.

Except the "major" highlight is a new character that is 2-C. Though, other than that, just abilities and resistance. But still important, nonetheless.

Right now we just need more staff inputs of which I have just asked a couple of. After which, depending on what they think, things can finally get done.

Okay, but remind my why Truth should be 2-C again? The feats suggest Low 2-C, unless I'm missing something. Plus, when was it alluded that Mother 3 happens in another timeline?

Sptflcrw said:
Okay, but remind my why Truth should be 2-C again? The feats suggest Low 2-C, unless I'm missing something. Plus, when was it alluded that Mother 3 happens in another timeline?
The Truth overlaps and is one with all of the cosmos, which is shown to extend to other timelines

That actually describes Omnipresence, Refering to it as both a grain and a wave refers to it being both small and tiny and vast and all encompassing at the same time. Look back at the quotes I posted few messages above, it's just wall of text regarding the truth.

Will comment on Mother 3 soon

Not really, remember when I brought up that he gave Ness the victory in two timelines? Where Truth affects both a timeline where Ness didn't contacted the Camera guy and one where he did. There also other timelines where Ness even lost to Giygas (as stated by Buzz Buzz long quote). Then there's Magicant and MOTHER 3.

Sptflcrw said:
Okay, but what proof is there that there's only one Truth? What if every universe has a Truth?
Why make that assumption when nothing suggests that being the case. Furthermore, if it's the grain and wave that makes up the cosmos, it's safe to say they "The Truth" is a singular being

Regarding Mother 3: Because when Giygas is defeated, Pokey states that he'll go to "a different era" to think about his next plan, even in Mother 3, states that he was traveling through time and space, which caused him to age rapidly that it no longer had meaning to him (Type 1 Immortality) "I was the one who brought you here. A traveler who has journeyed to and from past and future." "I've gone through time and space so many times that I haven't aged like a normal person. Who knows, I might be 1,000 years old, or even 10,000 years old. But, despite that, I'm still the same kid at heart! Is that funny? It is, isn't it? Does it make you laugh? *cough* *wheeze* Are you laughing at me?!".

Here are some of the less frequently asked staff members that you can select from to ask to give input when there are no knowledgeable members available:

Ryukama

SomebodyData

Darkanine

Reppuzan

Dragonmasterxyz

Celestial Pegasus

Dark649

Soldier Blue

Monarch Laciel

Kaltias

Assaltwaffle

Saikou The Lewd King

Kepekley23

Antoniofer

Gemmysaur

PaChi2

Ultima Reality

DarkDragonMedeus

AKM Sama

Dargoo Faust

MrKingOfNegativity

Theglassman12

Wokistan

Since this is massive revisions should Ana's freeze gamma be treated as Dura Negation as it makes any opponent no matter their health go straight down to critical health? She should also have OHK with beam gamma, and in turn Gigue should have resistance to both of this as neither of these PSI's affect him.

If the Truth is capable of granting victory in multiple timelines I think it is safe to say that the Truth is a singular entity rather than multiples working to achieve the same goal.

@GiverOfThePeace I am not sure actually, while it does say it puts them in critical condition, it's a form of Ice Manipulato and it's possible that it's some NLF stuff; that, and along with Giegue somehow being Resistant to it, which could also be NLF (which sounds like Invulnerability actually). But someone can correct me on that. However, I do agree with PK Beam Gamma being OHK.

@Assaltwaffle Thanks for the reply. What do you think about the rest of this CRT?

Ok let me rephrase the "any opponent" part, I meant any opponent in Earthbound Beginnings that isn't unaffected by it, and it works on bosses, it works on the dragon dude.

I guess "Possible Durability negation" is fine, but stuff like this are not present in other games of the series.

Yeah, I kinda saw the flaw in that, so my bad. I'll refer to a quote that was said by That one tall guy (aka Leder, Which he mentions that there are different timelines, and Pokey somehow landed within the Mother 3 era. The Mother 3 world is completely different as The original world of Mother came to an end, and what was left is a peaceful island where the Dark Dragon lies within. Those who survived the end of the "world" went to the island via the white ship and had their memories wiped so they can start fresh within the island. So RIP Ness I guess, he was (apparently) originally supposed to be a playable character..) : "Truthfully, we had no idea how Tazmily Village would turn out. But things actually went rather well. The people who had arrived on the White Ship had fully taken to their new identities. They believed they had always lived together peacefully. It was when a person by the name of Porky stumbled upon these islands that everything started to go amok. It seems he used a "Time Distorter" machine to travel through time and space at will. However, he was apparently shut out from all other times and spaces and tumbled into this era and these islands. Even worse, he used his Time Distorter to bring many people from other eras here The Pigmasks, as well as everyone in New Pork City, were all brought here and brainwashed by Porky."

Further more to this "end of the world" in Mother 3, during development of Earthbound 64, we see that there were many unused content that still follows up to the story itself; such as a destroyed Towns that include Onett, Twoson, Threed, and Fourside (we also got a 3D model of what's supposed to be Ness as well). Basically everything got destroyed, and for those who survived were on the White ship that would take them to the Nowhere Islands, where they get their memories wiped and start fresh.

Ok, so something interesting popped up in this thread that might lead to an upgrade to the cast. I'll discuss this tomorrow (I'm also going to add yet another abilities addition to the OP tomorrow as well).

None of that suggests that Mother 3 takes place in another timeline. All it means is that for some reason he got forced into the Mother 3 era. Not a new timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back