• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SansTheSkeleton101 said:
All godly regen is more the idea of restoring your entire body from a form of erasure, in the context here, Ness simply died and became a ghost, so him resurrecting just puts his ghost back into his physical body.
Even if the physical body isn't there? You can travel a ways away from where the body was and still resurrect and I see no indication that the party drags the dead body along with them.

That's just a game mechanic pretty sure you wouldn't want to see your kids playing a game where you walk around with literal corpses. Even when you die it states "[Insert name of character here] collapsed". Nothing implies their physical body was erased.

Fair enough, although it wouldn't have to be erased for it to qualify, as long as the character simply choose to regenerate a new body from their soul rather than reposes the dead one. It just wouldn't work until he's dead.

SansTheSkeleton101 said:
There'd need to be clarification that they're creating a new physical body.
I know. I admitted that you were right, I was just making a clarification.

Thanks for the reply.

So, uh, I've been looking around in this thread for a while, someone mentioning Ness' Low 2-C tier. and now that I looked at it twice, we really need to justify more to his tier 2 rating. As mentioned above, I think we should give him his magicant feat and add it to his profile.

Sounds about right, simce Ness touching the Truth can also be interpreted in many ways since if we don't specify that Magicant is a universe it may seem like he didn't absorbed universal power at all.

Ness is capable of actually harming Giygas at the start, is after the moment where Porky tells the kids to call for help were he becomes more weird and strong and Ness can no longer do significant damage to him.

You can place polite requests on the message walls of some staff members to comment here if you wish: VS Battles Staff

Oh wow, thanks for that and for replying.

And what parts of the revision do you think is wrong?

@Antvasima I've asked Darkanine to comment here, and asked a few others knowledgeable on this verse to comment here.

You should preferably ask some other staff members as well, both administrators and discussion moderators.

Dark649 is also someone who seems knowledgeable on Earthbound.

Ness:

Agree

. Reality Warping via creation of Magicant and its items

. Resistant to Time Stop via dogeing Dali's Clock time stops.

Neutral

. Space+Time Manipulation - Dont see any specfics on Magicant having it's own space+time continuum. If your going to go by the aruguemnts of Ness obtaining the ToU, the ToU only explains the power of the universe in terms of wave lengths and particle on the quantam scale of things, so Ness would be in more line with Matter manipulation (but that could be pushing it). Though, Ness's power is said to "overlap with every part of the universe", thus would presumably include space+time, but this is not clear.

Disagree

. "Protected under Probability and Fate" - The whole 1% thing by Apple Kid is extremely vague and seems more of a commentary along the lines of 'your chances of victory are slim'. I also agree with Wright Way's on the matter of Fate manipulation.

. Self-Resurrection - More like gameplay mechanics. There are various games that treat game overs as "a bad dream".

.Fourth wall awareness and breaking: It's more on the end of the in-game Game Designers and doesn't mean Ness is automatically aware he's fictional. It's like if someone were to randomly walk up to you and starts talking about everything in this world is a computer simulation and he's the creator. Would he automatically believe him? Also the BuzzBuzz "dies earlier in the game" feels more like a brick joke.

."at least Low 2-C" rating for Dura - See Giygas below

Giygas:

Agree

. Passive Mind manipulation

. Passive Void Manipulation

. Illusion creation

Neutral

. Abstract existence (Type 1)

Disagree

. "at least Low 2-C" AP rating - For DarkDragonMedeus's reasoning

. Low Multiversal Range - For DarkDragonMedeus reasoning

Porkey:

AGREE

Truth of the Universe:

Fate Manipulation and Probability: Same reason as Ness

Everything is fine.

Mother 1

"Resistance to Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulaton, Electricity Manipulation, Resistance to OHK, and The Sea Pendant says it'll "reduce damage" against all PSI attacks equipments" ― Agree to Neutral, neutral due to the elements being psychic based, so resisting a fire attack that's on the level of a forest fire is not on the same level of that of created by psychic energy. And to a further extent, fire attacks that destroy things on a conceptual level. But i'm mostly okay with it.

Mother 2

Bag of Dragonite ― Not transmutation, but transformation as it turns the user into a dragon.

Pharaos Curse ― Not soul, but non physical interaction. Okay on Poison.

Stag Beetle ― Okay

Teddy Bear 7-C Dura ― Okay

Resistance to: Fire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, OHKO, Status Effects Inducement (Paralysis, Freeze, Confusion, Empathic Manipulation and Poison) via Pendants and Bracelets. ― Agree to Neutral for reasons stated previously.

Mother 3

Explosion Manipulaton via Bombs, Super Bombs, and Pencil Rockets. ― Okay

Possible Durability Negation via The New Year's Eve bomb, after one use, it leaves the opponent with 1 HP ― Neutral, seems more like game mechanics but okay with it

Can break physical and psychic shields with Shield Snatcher (for Boney) ― Okay

Sound Manipulation via Siren Beetle for Duster ― Okay

"Summoning via Honey Shower (Calls a swarm of bees to attack a person. (lol 7-C bees)" ― Need to see a reason why these Bees are Town level but okay.

And there you have it my friend ~ ƒæì

Has anybody asked Dark649 and other staff members to comment here yet?

The Wright Way only tackled the fate manip being a factor in Ness's journey, so I don't see why Fate Manip shouldn't be on the Truth profile, since his pretty much said to be straight up controlling Fate by knowledgeable character such as Tala rama.

Someone did post a message on Dark649's wall. Someone also did mention that they told DarkAnine about it above.

I don't know that much about the series, i saw parts of the game but i have yet to play them.

Okay. Do you know enough to help out with evaluating this thread?

Some abilties are ok, but others are not like dodging attacks is not the same as resisting them and fourth wall breaking for talking to a game designer is not unless the main char. have implied to be aware while talking to him or in other occasions, Giygas abstract existence is indeed debatable, transmutation is more like transformation and etc. Lastly, i think there should be a thread discussing when a Low 2-C should get the at least since currently it is get for easily destroying universe, it would upgrade other characters such as all the Angels from Dragon Ball Super since they can oneshot the Gods, who are superior to Infinite Zamasu, who took over a universe.

Low 2-C characters should only get "at least" if there are indications that they might be able to destroy multiple universes at once. Simply easily destroying one universe is not remotely enough.

Anyway, I vaguely recall a long previous discussion that resulted in the current Earthbound statistics. Perhaps it would be best to search for and read that before making any changes?

Yeah, putting an at least to a Low 2-C rating should only be given if their's a possibility of affecting other universes. And destroying multiple universes can depend on context; if all at once, that's a solid 2-C feat, destroying them one by one can be a Low 2-C feat combined with Low Multiversal range. Splitting one universe into multiple universes or merging multiple universes into one would also be 2-C.

Alright, Hello! I am back. I'm going to clarify a few points I made.

I'll start off with Fate Manipulation: Yeah, I do agree that Probability manipulation does sounds weird and vague. However, I still think Fate manipulation (Which acts passively for those who are "destined") should apply rather than something vague. (Quoting Chrisras) "I honestly still don't see why he shouldn't have it. A cosmic entity assures his victory across space-time, shown in the other timeline where he wins. It also makes it so impossible events help him to win the situation, such as when the player, an entity that never appeared during the entire journey, deus ex machina's the battle and makes the kids win. Even the statement mentioned, which is about him having the power to change cosmic event, support this, since he was supposed to lose, but Fate gave him the victory. Since the Truth of the universe is said to be responsible of controlling destiny, it being the "Supreme intelligence", and being space and time itself, it stating that Ness will win despite the incredible odds should be enough to it having Fate Manipulation, and by consequence, all it's chosen ones, since they are destined by it to win." Basically it has a similar description to that of Archie Sonic; an entity protecting them from danger because of Fate and letting the battle achieve a desired result for the user. Which also can be tied to Self Resurrection.

resistance to time stop: How is it not resistance if he's able to move?

Fourth wall awareness/breaking: There are few comments that indicate fourth wall awareness and breaking such as "Kids like you should be playing Nintendo Games' or "Come back when you finish Earthbound!. And in Fourside, there's a sign of which reads "Planning's for Earthbound 2" (which is never getting a release here ovo).

At least Low 2-C Giygas: If it means an indication of destroying/affecting other universes, then he should have it since after he effortlessly destroyed the future, his next target was the chosen 4 in the present timeline. But it was also stated that he was attacking in the past (which could just be omnipresence or some form of Time Manipulation). He could have destroyed those timelines if weren't for the interference of the chosen 4. Also agree with Dark on the matter of effortless busting universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back