• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dyspo Clean Up

RadicalMrR

VS Battles
Retired
First things first, get rid of that awful fanart. Here is a much better drawing by saodvd.

So I think Dyspo is the fastest character in the ToP. The Godpads given to Zeno couldnt see Dyspo even in slow motion while hes in his Super Maximum Light Speed Mode. There is other stuff too, like Champa not being to see him while the Angels are barely able to.

I couldnt find any good art of his Super Maximum Light Speed Mode, unfortunately.

I agree with switching the Image.

I however have a problem with Dyspo being the fastest because the writers portray it inconsistently. First we see he can blitz Hit with his Speed Boost ability, then it's shown Champa and Zeno can't see him so Zeno gets the slow motion app and can see.

It's then stated the while Hit was adapting, he was reacting to Dyspo's speed and SSG Goku could contend with Dyspo because SSGod is faster than SSBlue.

Then UI Goku blitzes Dyspo but this doesn't mean anything as it wasn't Speed Boost Dyspo but going through the tournament Zeno (and everyone else) clearly watch UI Goku vs Jiren, Hit vs Jiren, UI Goku vs Kefla, Goku and Vegeta vs Jiren and all the rest of the fights no problem.

But then Dyspo uses his Maximum Lightspeed Mode and Zeno goes back to the Godpad but even it's slow motion feature isn't enough. Now you would say "Well that just means Dyspo is the fastest when using his Statistics Amplification techniques" and that's fine but then comes the problem.

While Zeno can't see Dyspo at all, Those who Zeno can see clearly (Golden Frieza and Ultimate Gohan) can still somewhat see Dyspo. Even though they couldn't touch him, they still could somewhat see and we know that even heavily suppressed Jiren, SSBKKX20 Goku and New Vegeta are much faster than Golden Frieza and Ultimate Gohan and can see things better, so if they can still somewhat see Dyspo, why can't Zeno.

Goku and Hit could catch Dyspo because his movements were easy to predict.

I guess we can use the those arguments.

Does anyone have good wording for Dyspo's speed rating?.

Joseph619 said:
Zeno has just poor reaction time. Which makes sense since he doesn't fight, all he ever does is Erase
I know, thats why I said the Godpads couldnt see him.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I guess we can use the those arguments.

Does anyone have good wording for Dyspo's speed rating?.
Better to wait for more opinions first, then we can figure out the wording.

@Pann

No one said Zeno was the fastest, I said Dyspo's is portaid a bit inconsistent but Radical and Joseph cleared that up.

Also, we don't use the manga.

SSBlue isn't slower than SSGod, just less draining. One could make an argument for UI Goku being faster than Dyspo from your argument anyway— as even if Dyspo amplified his speed to being slightly beyond SSBlue Level against Mystic Gohan and Frieza, Goku was capable of reacting to his speed (even if those movements were easy to predict, it is still indicative of some reactions) in just God. High balling him would put him at KKx20 at best, and that's without the increase in power Goku and Vegeta have gotten. That, and Jiren is probably faster than Dyspo casually, in all honesty.

@Amexim

Whis literally states that SSG gives Goku the speed while SSB gives him the strength. Which is why he used them together. If SSG wasn't faster then Blue, Goku wouldn't have used it I collaboration with SSB against Dyspo.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Amexim
Whis literally states that SSG gives Goku the speed while SSB gives him the strength. Which is why he used them together. If SSG wasn't faster then Blue, Goku wouldn't have used it I collaboration with SSB against Dyspo.
He never said that.

He said SSG is faster the yellow and isn't as draining as Blue. Goku didn't stay with Blue because he didn't need Blue's full power to beat Dyspo.

Golden Frieza which is equal to Blue Goku is literally stated to be faster the Dyspo before he used his new speed mode.

Found the Whis Quote.

"He's Faster than Super Saiyan and comsumes less stamina then Blue"

Nothing here says SSG is faster than Blue.

Ultimate Gohan and Golden Frieza who are equal to SSB Goku were able to just barley react to Dyspo's new speed mode.

How would Goku ever fight people like Golden Frieza if his speed got lower when he went Blue?

Ultra Instinct blitzed Dyspo and easily caught an attack from him. There's no way around that. UI was outright faster than Dyspo. However Dyspo in this episode is stated multiple times to have gotten faster since then.

It's not entirely known for now, however given their positions within the tournament and that we still haven't seen the full capabilities of UI or Jiren yet, I think it's likely that they're still faster than Dyspo.

I know everyone's gonna go "Ewww icky noncanon manga!" but in the manga, Jiren is explicitly faster than Dyspo.

Gohan and Golden Frieza can get the upper hand on Dyspo, but only through tricks like predicting his movements beforehand or restricting Dyspo's range of movement. Under normal conditions he's considerably faster.

Also the whole reacting to Dyspo thing is inconsistent as hell. First Zeno can't see Dyspo. Then he can see UI Goku, who was faster than Dyspo, and Jiren fight without difficulty. Champa couldn't see Dyspo at all and Vados barely caught him. Yet now GoDs and angels are seeing a faster Dyspo with no difficulty. Then GodPad can't keep up with Dyspo, yet Piccolo and Shin could.

Probably best to wait until Jiren's fight is over, they might explicitly state hes faster.

Yeah, Dyspo is clearly not as fast is Jiren or UIO Goku; it's probably better said that Dyspo just show's off his speed more than the rest of the cast rather than him being faster than the others are capable of.

That's like saying character A is stronger because he actually destroyed the planet/solar system/universe while character B is featless destruction wise. But then ignoring the fact that character B stomped character A consistently.

I agree with the replacing of imagery, but it's a bit of a exaggeration to say Dyspo's speed surpasses the other participants.

Since it implies Dyspos speed>Jiren's>Toppo

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Pann

No one said Zeno was the fastest, I said Dyspo's is portaid a bit inconsistent but Radical and Joseph cleared that up.

Also, we don't use the manga.
I am sorry I mean Dyspo ofcourse. I know we aren't using Manga but it is trying to say that Jiren is on another level. You can't be faster than Jiren. No way. Its like Burter. We all knew Ginyu and Freeza was faster. Basic rule > higher battle power is faster than opponent unless its specifically stated that a higher battle power lowers your speed (ussj trunks)

Yeah, but I both love and hate how Dyspo is trying to change that dynamic. It's confusing as hell.

I've always hated that picture for Dyspo. Since many others agreed as well I added the one Radical suggested.

Ryukama said:
I've always hated that picture for Dyspo. Since many others agreed as well I added the one Radical suggested.
Thank u, that thing was legit bugging me.

Back