• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability required to resist the heat of the sun

Gwynbleiddd

VS Battles
Retired
On this calc it was concluded that the durability needed to survive inside the core of the sun is Multi City Block level+ because that is the maximum amount of energy (in form of heat) your body can absorb during these conditions.

But that's not how we treat durability.In any other case we judge characters by the amount of energy that hits them, in this case 5.48e21 Joules (1.3 Teratons) which is Small Country level.

Is it like how you can endure the heat more than taking the force of it? You know like can your body handle the heat for like say just for a minute compared to like tanking the heat head on?

It seemed odd to me too honestly. Although I have seen some heat based calcs who still only uses the energy absorbed rather than the total energy.

This would be quite an upgrade for quite a lot of character I must say. On top of my head, the Cthulhu Mythos fodder would be bumped to quite a high tier.

You have to account multiple things to survive the core of the sun, not just heat.

But also radiation, gravitational pressure, and just the general energy being emanated every second.

The original calc does not factor in the gravitational pressure inside the Sun's core. Let me see if I can find it somewhere.....

I think that Gwynbleiddd seems to make sense.

@MeleeniumRXJ I also think that in this spefic case duration should also be a factor but it complicates things and can result in some serious outliers.

I agree with Ant in that a new calculation blog similar to this but with more factors being added (is that right to say here?) would be appreciative. Perhaps something we can even use to replace the old one linked above....if DontTalk also doesn't mind of that?

I am in a hurry, because my exam tomorrow, but a few short points:

I did the second part, because Rib argued that it would be better to have a value without influence of time, given that we also don't add up energy of punches over time due to obvious reasons. I don't mind if we switch back to using the first method, though.

@Matthew: Radiation is accounted for, I don't know what "general energy" is supposed to be aside form radiation and conduction.

Pressure and gravity can not be accounted for durability in terms of an energy scale, to just quote one of my answers from below the blog:

"The main problem with that would be that pressure and energy are not equivalent units. If we say that durability is the stat that depicts how much energy a character can take at once, then the ability to withstand pressure is quite simply no durability feat." (And before anyone tells me that I simply should multiply the pressure with the volume of a human: That's not how it works)

Longer durations should not be accounted for for higher durability. As the blog makes clear the thermal equilibrum is reached in less than 1 second. After that there is basically no reason that the attack should cause more damage then it did in that timeframe.

The only argument for using 1 second is that that is the timeframe we assume when calculating the AP of heat based attacks. So 1 second is fine, multiplying with how long the person was in the sun not.

DontTalk The problem is this wiki is for indexing character for vs battles, many durability feats last than 1 second. When a person is inside the sun pretty sure multi city block level durability won't help him survive in it. Otherwise any fodder tier 8 character would take a dip in sun's core and surf on the sun's surface. That's not what happens in any fictional media

The core of the sun is 15 million degrees C and has a pressure of 25 quadrillion pascals. That's a lot more than the temperature and pressure that, for example, Legendary Godzilla would have taken at his distance from the Castle Bravo hydrogen bomb, yet he's listed as City Level for that feat.

@Gwynbleiddd & Lina Shields So, what are your conclusions here?

There is a calculation done by a user named TTGL on Narutoforums which deals with the durability required to survive inside the Sun's core.

I will post this calc on a blog or something. However, it should be vastly higher than Multi-City Block level.

Okay. Thank you for the help. I also find our current value suspiciously low.

Back