• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability of the Gems

Actually, it does make sense when you think about it. The Diamonds size and the Crystal Gems' numbers play a big factor here. Say you're at a picnic and suddenly you see an ant. You can very easily squash the one ant. But, if there were a great number of ants, it would be much harder to squash all of them, you could still do it, yes, but you'd need enough time to do it. This is true to the fight, as the diamonds were so large and the gems so numerous, they were easily able to swarm them and keep most of them from getting "squished." They still did manage to squash a few of them, Lapis, Peridot, and Steven, but they just couldn't squash all of them.

WeeklyBattles said:
Considering how many times its alluded to in the show i still dont see why we cant use M-E conversion for them
It's not weaponizable. Using M-E conversion as a feat is the same as saying humans can spit acid. Technically correct, but really not what everyone is looking for here

What is the feat about the mini-clusters? Is the drill one? Cuz as I said calc use a uncommon method and assume is swimming, reason why I asked Kep about it.

One problem I have with the mass to energy calc is why does it use iron and water, why not use Garnet since that's what she is

I could but we no longer use the energy convertion, but if you try you just need to multiply the value by 2.7 if the result refer to water, or by 0.34 if the result use iron. Also, how the result yields Country level results? Using the size of a person would only be around Island level.

EDIT: Actually, I used density of rock (2700 kg/m^3), you can use the respective density depending of the gemstone.

It got country level as a result of her Shapeshifting to make her Arma massive armband extremely long

Also what was the reason we no longer use it? They basically flat out say they use mass energy conversion right in the show

Don't remember exactly, but most likely is stated is the previous thread. Also, considering that Steven was capable to shapeshift when he wasn't powerful at all wouldn't suggest that being powerful isn't a requeriment.

There's somekind of positive feedback scaling there, like Garnet with large arms being stronger than a common Garnet and get the e-m convertion would remain when she do not shapshift, a Garnet < Garnet with large arms < Garnet.

Both Peridot and Pearl, two of the most intelligent and science-savy gems in the series who are more than qualified to explaij how Gems work have stated that they use mass-energy conversion to make their bodies and shapeshift

Matthew Schroeder said:
There is no reason not to allow mass-energy conversion other than personal incredulity.
How does ME conversion give someone a high tier tho. It's not even a one way conversion, Gems always go back and forth with it. Any energy that could be released by it is returned back into the system (which makes sense, because if it didn't, doing so would shrink gems after every shapeshift until they just poof).

Matthew Schroeder said:
Because the very act of surviving ME Conversion is a durability feat and also an intense release of energy just by transforming.
As I've just pointed out, barely, if any, energy is actually lost in the process, meaning almost nothing is getting released during it. That's, like, basic physics. And I find it hard to consider it a durability feat while this conversio literally destroys their entire physical form and rebuilds them from back into another shape. At best it's a Regenerationn feat, and even that's stretching it. And since the actual gemstone doesn't get MEed at any point and only controls the process, it doesn't apply to it either.

Their gemstones have have a pocket dimension which stores the energy used to create their bodies, there's no reason for the stone itself to be physically affected

I'm not going to be able to see the reply to this question because my break at work is ending, but won't Peridot be city level or something around that if energy mass conversion gets accepted? (Note I think Mass to Energy is fine just think there maybe a few problems with it)

The energy-mass convertion is still supported by two members, we agreed to not using it in a previus thread, I would need to ask Assault about that again. Either way, the tractor laser's "feat" is no longer usable, and the drill ones hasn't been accepted (it use questionable method).

Mass Energy is useable and the tractor beam feat is useable

We scale ships to their batteries all the time, not doing so here is a huge double standard

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I was wondering, even if the tractor laser doesn't scale to the Gems, could it scale to other weapons, like the the Gem Warship? Because that would affect one of Peridot's keys.
Seeing as the ship was considered ancient tech yes it would scale

Which in turn would further support the Gems being 6-B anyways seeing as Jasper tanked the power source exploding at its epicenter

We already discussed why isn't applicable; even counting the laser as conventional explosion it do not scale to no one.

@Paulo Again, its PIS at best seeing as Garnet never directly attacked the ship and they never bothered to use Opal

Hell by this logic Light Cannons >>>>>>>>>> Alexandrite

My dude, take a second and think about this, they never bothered to use anything other than throwing amethyst at it a few times. They didnt try Opal or Sugilite or Sardonyx or even Alexandrite. By the logic youre using, Alexandrite is inferior to the Light Cannons.

Its PIS, especially given this was literally episode two of the series when they were still figuring out where the show was going

No, by the logic I'm using, the Gems are weaker than the light cannons in their base form, and the fusions have nothing to do with anything, since, just like you said, they didn't use them (in fact, I have no idea why you're even mentioning the fusions, when all we're talking about is that attacks from Garnet and Amethyst were unable to destroy it).

Not using any fusion for destroying the Red Eye could be PIS (they weren't planned to appear yet), but that do not turn Garnet and Amethyst unable to destroy the Red Eye PIS.

Im arguing the fusions because earlier in this thread it was argued that the fusions are weaker than the light cannons because 'the only thing that can destroy the Red Eye is the Light Cannon'

Its PIS or an outlier, one of the two especially when multiple actual feats as well as WoG put the Gems far above it

@Antonio When both Garnet and Amethyst have multiple feats that place them above the Red Eye it makes the Red Eye an outlier actually

WeeklyBattles said:
Im arguing the fusions because earlier in this thread it was argued that the fusions are weaker than the light cannons because 'the only thing that can destroy the Red Eye is the Light Cannon'
And I wasn't the one to argue that, so I still don't know why you're bringing that up to me; I'm talking about their base form, fusions have nothing to do with what I'm saying.

Back