• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability of the Gems

Uh, core of the sun calcs are definitely not Tier 6. DontTalk made a wall of text disproving that OBD tier 6 calc and given his points I'd be willing to agree with him.

Ok, let's see:

• The Slinker bores a tunnel is Large Building level.
  • Giant worm splits open a ravine is Large Building level.
  • Garnet spikes glass is City Block level.
  • Sapphire's homerun is City Block level.
  • Amethyst blows up the Sand Castle is City Block level.
  • Amethyst & Pearl destroy Plug Robonoid is City block level.
  • Plug robonoid crashes to Earth is Multi-City Block level.
  • Ruby evaporates a pool is Multi-City Block level.
  • Gem Pyramid exploding is Multi-City Block level.
  • The Gem Warship exploding is Town level.
  • The Crystal Gems defeating Centipeetle is Town level.
  • Plug Robonoid's durability is Large Town level.
  • Eyeball hiting Steven's shield is Small City level.
  • Peridot's escape pod's durability is City level.
  • Rubies getting hit by the Roaming Eye is City level.
  • Garnet's casual mountain punch is City level
  • Snow Beast summons a blizzard is Mountain level.
  • Off-screen monster is Island level
  • Roaming Eyes' relativistic kinetic energy is Island level.
  • Sardonyx's casual hammer swings are Island level
  • Mini-clusters durability is Large Island level.
  • Gem Warship crashing to Earth is Country level.
  • Comic Gem Ship is Country level

And what calc do we use? As far as I know, the Low 6-B TTGL calc that got debunked is the only calc that wields Tier 6

@Paulo Then there's the one ship's 6-B durability, the tectonic emergency island monster, Sardonyx's casual High 7-A attack, etc

Also the blog that Matt provided isnt all of the calcs, a few other people did SU calcs on NF that we use as well

Welp, the Roaming Eye has the same issue, do not accounts for AoE, and in crashing the KE isn't fully transmitted unless completely stopped.

The snow blizzard has a mistake, it use cloud condensation but rather than use the volume of water it use volume of air, real result would be 1/2000 of that. I could be wrong tho, the NF structure is a mess and I do not understand.

There's a calc for a black hole, so since there's no proof of that being a real black hole it can be used.

The Warship crashing was recalculated, the reason was presented by Assault in the last revision thread.

And then we got the drill one that it seems iffy since in assumes that is entire swimming in lave rathen than piercing through rock, like it was some kind of submarine.

That calc doesn't account for the fact that only a fraction of that energy is actually hitting Garnet

@Kep It doesnt have to, the difference would be so miniscule its like calcing Sephoroth tanking supernova

@Kep No it doesnt, tanking something at its epicenter doesnt require surface area to be accounted for

Kepekley23 said:
That calc doesn't account for the fact that only a fraction of that energy is actually hitting Garnet
What calc is that? Also, what do you think about the drill feat? Basically, it use KE but since is digging it multiply it by 100000 the speed.

Did she actually tank it at the epicenter?

Again, being even a few meters away from the dead epicenter already lowers the value, like, several times over.

@Antoniofer & Kepekley23

Thank you for the help with evaluating this.

So which calculations remain that are acceptable to scale from?

The only calc that is flawed is the one for the Gem warship crashing to earth, all the other ones we currently use are fine

Although the Mass-Energy thing was supposed to be removed yes

I still want an explanation as to why the 6-B ship isnt being considered seeing as we use the same reasoning of scaling technology to their power sources to rate other characters

If its determined that ships/vehicles/weapons shouldnt scale to their power sources then yes High 6-C is fine, but that in and of itself would affect a LOT of profiles nd would potentially downgrade the Sonic verse as a whole

If it does scale then 6-B is where they stay we just have to remove the stuff that was agreed on being removed

@Paulo

Well, our standards gradually get refined as time goes on, and our staff members are usually recruited due to being helpful, levelheaded and rational, i.e. since they have something to contribute to the team, not because they all think the same way.

It is probably better if you quote the parts that are relevant to Steven Universe.

@Ant That thread is just where it was discussed that the durability of vehicles/weapons scale to the output of their power sources

With what I'm seeing here, I don't even think this Wiki is fully sold on some of the ratings, so why should people ever trust some of these? As pointed out with the durability of weapons/vehicles vs energy of their power sources things.

Looking at it realistically, it takes a smaller amount of a concentrated whole to power things. Look at humans and the energy from eating for 80 years or something like that. Look at airplanes and automobiles; the fuel they use can potentially produce a maximum energy output far exceeding that of the vessels, though granted it's because of outsider influences that are more or less a malfunction or unforeseen evemt.

You cam creare things resistant to a certain asepct like heat, radiation, and electricty to help produce massive amounts of energy in a way that won't result in the containers or units being absolutely demolished by whatever they're trying to hold, but that doesn't make them suddenly impenetrable due to have the ability to store such massive amounts of energy or whatever they're holding.

Any good invention that requires a power source tends to keep in mind the materials they need to use to contain that energy and bend it to thwir will in a fluent consistency that'll withstand the test of time long enough to see results.

I seriously doubt machines of any kind actually scale to whatever power they're harboring within them unless it's made abundantly clear. Taking the power source from one thing and absorbing it directly into your skin? That might be worthy of some scaling. Taking that energy and tranferring it to another machine? That's basically a finely-done surgery for machines that a simple child could manage to replicate by taking batteries out of a remote and placing them in another. That vehicle was likely made specifically TO store that energy, or if it isn't, we see the famous case of having too much power and something malfunctioning.

But meh. I'm no engineering master nor am I a mod so my opinion isn't going to be considered even if I did have some merit.

I personally think that Foxthefox1000 makes sense.

I mean, if the gems were only Tier 7's and Low 6's then they DEFINETLY would've been murder stomped by the High 6-A Diamonds right?

That would be standard western plot convenience even with their current statistics.

Well, western cartoons and comicbooks recurrently let protagonists that are far weaker than the antagonists hold their own to make the story work. I don't think that we should scale all characters to the diamonds.

Back