• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DST Revisions and Madness Manip nerf

Peppersalt43

They/Them
So after talking to another person on Discord, I am reminded to look at this feat

Due to the minor damage caused and the small cave in, based on the Earthquake chart it should be around Magnitude 4 which would lead to 8-B. This applies to all Raid Bosses and DST keys and survivors since they can fight Raid Bosses with that same equipment. However the regular bosses do not have such feats and as such, this leads to the DST survivors having the rating 9-A, possibly 8-B with better equipment

Also after talking to @deonment, I have decided to change Immunity to Madness Manip on most creature profiles to resistance

Reasons for removing the immunity stuff?

Also what is their current 9-A value?
0,15 via the tree destroying calc in the reference for common feats.

Reason for removing immunity is because the only reason they have it is via being able to function normally around sanity draining sources which means baseline resistance

Removal of immunity seems fine.

As for the ap upgrade... As someone who doesn't know the verse, can you explain a bit more on who will be affected and how? Just s brief overview of the scaling chain will be useful.

Removal of immunity seems fine.

As for the ap upgrade... As someone who doesn't know the verse, can you explain a bit more on who will be affected and how? Just s brief overview of the scaling chain will be useful.
Base Survivors and weaker mobs<Normal Bosses and Survivors with better equipment<Raid Bosses and Survivors with Better Equipment

You see, Raid Bosses are extremely difficult bosses to face alone and even with the best equipment, it can take long periods of time to take one down solo. But at least we can hurt it with said equipment so survivors downscale from that feat

Also no regular boss has the same broken feats as Raid Bosses and are typically stomped by them so they stay at 9-A

Survivors with better equipment will be at least 9-A, possibly 8-B

Hum... Don't really, this atacks are alwas directed to the survivor of I remenber correctly, what happen if It atacks you at distance when you in the surface?
Sinkhole?

But yeah even then, that would simply mean that we would have to split AP between DST and Singleplayer bosses meaning one is 9-A and the other is 8-B with their equipment

Sinkhole?

But yeah even then, that would simply mean that we would have to split AP between DST and Singleplayer bosses meaning one is 9-A and the other is 8-B with their equipment
Hum... Fair, so the bosses and survivors with basic equipament in DST would be 8-B(thanks to ant-lion scaling) and thee rest of Don't starve 9-A?

Hum... Fair, so the bosses and survivors with basic equipament in DST would be 8-B(thanks to ant-lion scaling) and thee rest of Don't starve 9-A?
Yeah... Though I do it does seem weird that Mini-Bosses are 8-B though we can say that they downscale to the bosses themselves

Yeah... Though I do it does seem weird that Mini-Bosses are 8-B though we can say that they downscale to the bosses themselves
Yes, now my biggest trough is, with "smaller" monsters would be 9-A and with ones would be 8-B sinse only survivors with basic equipament compare to antlion, no equipament survivors should still be 9-B, maybe 9-A for some of the stronghest like Wolfgang

Yes, now my biggest trough is, with "smaller" monsters would be 9-A and with ones would be 8-B sinse only survivors with basic equipament compare to antlion, no equipament survivors should still be 9-B, maybe 9-A for some of the stronghest like Wolfgang
Really? I don't think any of the mini-bosses would scale to the tree destruction feat, let alone smaller monsters. And their AP isn't big enough to jump to baseline 9-A

Really? I don't think any of the mini-bosses would scale to the tree destruction feat, let alone smaller monsters. And their AP isn't big enough to jump to baseline 9-A
Fair, the problem really is ant-lion that has the same "earthquake atack"... Well, thinking again the earthquake It self never is used as the atack, but the consequences of It are(Faling rocks) 🤔

Fair, the problem really is ant-lion that has the same "earthquake atack"... Well, thinking again the earthquake It self never is used as the atack, but the consequences of It are(Faling rocks) 🤔
So environmental destruction is possible? Because that way the DST normal bosses can stay 9-A and Antlion gets 8-B via environmental destruction

Back