• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anri (Jashin Average) Madness Manip Change.

Rikimarox2

He/Him
Not familiar with the series at all, and purely going off of the profile.

First things first, there are absolutely no scans for the ability's justification.

Second, the only thing I could find about the madness manip in the respect thread section, is this:

The moment I saw her face, I spontaneously stiffened. The moment our eyes met, I thought I was gunna die. Her eyes were so dark and stagnant that I’m pretty sure even demons couldn’t compare. The next moment, just as I seemed to feel a prickling pain on my arm, the girl was ******* holding a sinister black tantou.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! She’s gunna kill me!

“HII-!?”

I reflexively let out a pathetic cry as I fell on my arse. Before I knew it, the thing in front of me wasn’t a human woman anymore. It was a monster spurting out some black sludge from its whole body. I backed away, trying to put even a little distance between us.

“$%、&$&%’#!”

And when I did, I heard a somewhat incomprehensible cry. Turning around, I found that the same ******* monsters were reaching out their tentacles to me.

“!? UOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH――――!!!”

“@#、*? #$&$&%!”

I tried my best to hit the thing, but there didn’t seem to be any effect. Far from it, before I knew it all the monsters had ******* surrounded me and were charging in at me at once.

I somehow managed to shake them off and got myself outside, but even there the place was filled with the things.

“What the **** is going on with this town!?”

I don’t even know who I was screaming at, but I started to run to escape this town of monsters.
For one, this didn't happen to any other person in the respect thread, and two, the madness manip is only a by-product of fear manip, and most importantly, three, according to the scan I'm about to post below, the moment she looks away, even the fear disappears.

And because the crack was now gone, the face under the robe was now visible to me. The moment our eyes met, it felt like I was being strangled by some feeling of oppression, and I found myself unable to breathe. It wasn’t only me. Reverend-sama and everybody else behind me stood frozen, unable to even speak. The thing that looked like a girl glared at everybody in the church in silence────

────Before curving its lips into a sneer, and turning to leave after muttering something

Because the thing that looked like a girl had walked away, we could finally breathe again. The emotional strain on everybody was huge, and everybody sank to the ground in exhaustion. Because there was no way to continue the mass like this, we stopped it and instead immediately made warm soup for everyone. Honestly speaking, I felt like I was going to collapse myself, but I needed to prepare the soup

Considering that it's merely a by-product of the fear manip, I advocate to change the madness manip to Limited, since not only is it not permanent, but because there was no mention of insanity to begin with. Sure, hallucination is cool and all, but that's only a by-product of the fear. IIRC, if we had a fear manip user causing someone to be so fear struck that they go into a confused rampage, we don't give them madness manip either.

Or if it is legit, then it should at least be noted somewhere that if someone can resist her fear manip, they can resist the madness as well.

Back