• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lou_change

He/Him

Explanations and New powers for all survivors​

Currently most of the powers on the survivors’ pages don’t have explanations, this is going to change that for the shared powers.
Superhuman Physical Characteristics (all survivors scale to Woodie who could take hits from and defeat a treeguard)

Dimensional Storage (all survivors have at least fifteen inventory slots to store items on them which are not visibly held)

Preparation and Construction (all survivors know how to craft several items and structures innately, and can learn additional crafts by using crafting stations to prototype more crafts or reading blueprints)

Limited Clairvoyance (via map which all survivors always have access to)

Non-Physical Interaction (all survivors can interact with non player ghosts which can pass thru walls)

Extrasensory Perception (all survivors can see hostile shadow creatures while most mobs can't)

Resistance to Extreme Temperatures (Survivors are fine with a body temperature for 5° or 65°(The game was made by a Canadian studio it likely refers to Celsius but this isn't confirmed in game) and are only mildly harmed due to body temperatures of -20° or 90° [Hypothermia starts <35°C and Hyperthermia starts at >37.5°C], unharmed by being frozen solid briefly) and Ice Manipulation (Unharmed by being frozen solid)

Ghost power changes​

When a survivor dies in don't starve together they become a ghost, while this doesn't happen in don't starve or it's DLCs that is likely due to game mechanics as the primary purpose of ghosts is to allow others survivors to resurrect the one that died which is unneeded in a single player game and the ghost's abilities are irrelevant if they can't resurrect. As such it is reasonable that all survivors except Wagstaff because he is just a holographic projection of the real Wagstaff can become ghosts.

Ghosts have the following abilities: Immortality (type 7, is a ghost), Intangibility (can pass thru walls), Light Manipulation (they glow bright enough to protect other characters from the night), Limited Flight (ghosts are able to float/levitate, allowing them to float over holes and bodies of water, as shown here), Madness Manipulation or Fear Manipulation (should a survivor turn into a ghost all other survivors in the world will end up with an additional sanity drain of -3.3 per minute, can cause several creatures to panic by haunting it.), Transmutation (by haunting they can change the type of hounds, mushrooms, and blueprints; turn flowers into evil flowers; meat into a monster meat equivalent; turn evergreens into tree guardians; turn bees into killer bees; and force pigs to turn into werepigs.), Biological Manipulation (can cause mosquitoes to explode as if they drunk to much blood, guarantee spiders drop spider glands when killed, and cause crops to grow), Limited Fire Manipulation (can light torches and fuel fires), Self-Sustenance (type 2 and 3. Ghosts cannot eat or sleep nor do they need it), Resistance to Fire Manipulation and Sleep Manipulation (Scales to other in universe ghosts which are immune to fire damage and can't be put to sleep), Enhanced Resistance to Temperature Manipulation and Ice Manipulation (Scales to other ghost which can't be frozen and aren’t effected by the temperatures of the constant)

Possible Removal of type 4 Immortality​

Alright so it is my fault this is listed. It turns out that it was based on a fan theory regarding a statement from a developer claiming Wilson died multiple times. It seems more likely he just used items like touch stones, life giving amulets, or meat effigies such as shown here. There seems to be be quotes for characters dying in adventure mode and reappearing in a survival world which might be enough evidence? I am not sure tho

Monster Madness Removal​

Alright so currently a number of monsters have madness manipulation listed as a power and it is kind of iffy. In universe there aren't any statements to prove many non-shadow/lunar monsters have madness hax as much as being a result of seeing a scary monster for example Webber doesn’t have an insanity aura(term only used out of universe) despite all other spiders, and the spider controlling hat having a sanity drain, Walter straight up isn’t affected by insanity auras because he is fearless, Wendy is affected by them by only 75% because is already depressed maybe? It’s never really explained. Wolfgang is affected 10% more because his phobia. Also given stuff like eating spoiled food or wearing wet clothes drain sanity and a bunch of other stuff stuff gives sanity. So the question now becomes who keeps madness manipulation and aura I guess.

Shadow Creatures and most magic items: They keep it for a few reasons when a shadow creature is killed sanity is restored and the drop nightmare fuel and numerous items connected to nightmare fuel has an affect on characters sanity and a quote acknowledging the effect. Such as the Night armor and Dark petals. We even have a feat for shadow creatures having it specifically in the 5th William Carter puzzle which has an entry from Maxwell's Journal "A terrible form took shape in the air above the ritual last night! It was large and indistinct, but its countenance was infused with a sort of alien malevolence that chilled me to my very core. My fear was so great that I almost faltered in my incantations."

Charlie (Don't Starve): Beside her association with shadow creatures her attacks drain 20 sanity.

Player Ghost: Everyone but Wes in DST has a quote for ghost sanity drain and I am going to list them all here because it is hard to find.
Wurt-“Gluurr… glorph… GLORRPP…”
Wilson-“My humanity is about to start slipping away…”
Willow-“Burn… It all must burn…”
Wolfgang-“They are coming… for Wolfgang!”
Wendy-“The ghosts… Want to play…”
WX-78-“SANITY RESERVES… DRAINING”
Wickerbottom-“My humanity… it’s slipping.”
Woodie-“I’m goin’, like nutso over here…”
Maxwell-“They’re whispering through the core of my mind…!”
Wigfrid-“They’re driving me mad…!”
Webber-“We’re becoming… even more monstrous!”
Warly-“My, I have a headache.”
Wormwood-“What happening?”
Winona-“My head’s all fuzzy…”
Wortox-“Ghosts play… strange games…”
Walter-“My head… I thought having ghosts around would be more fun.”
Wanda-“Stop it, I refuse to accept mortality!”

I am also going to suggest the removal of monster’s resistance to madness based off the fact Wormwood, Wilba, and Wurt have sanity meaning the current justification is inadequate.

Last edited:
I don't think I agree with the reason for NPI. having the reason being for killing the nightmare creatures makes more sense to me. flight should probably be limited or levitation. also don't agree with limited clairvoyance, since it's just them having a map. also disagree with ice manipulation, as that is closer to just being a resistance to ice manipulation. Neutral on SPC and Immortality. Everything else looks pretty good though.

don't agree with limited clairvoyance, since it's just them having a map.
There is no map in their inventory so I am not sure it is a physical map + it updates in real time.
flight should probably be limited or levitation.
I am unsure the only reason to think that is because they don’t fly very high up which could arguably be their own choice plus it would be pointless to program.
disagree with ice manipulation, as that is closer to just being a resistance to ice manipulation
It is meant to as resistance to extreme temperatures and resistance to cold manipulation

ok, can do this now.
There is no map in their inventory so I am not sure it is a physical map + it updates in real time.
I feel like it's safe to assume that they likely just have a map and didn't have it in your inventory because a frog could hit you and get rid of your entire minimap.
I am unsure the only reason to think that is because they don’t fly very high up which could arguably be their own choice plus it would be pointless to program.
I feel like that isn't really able to be proven. until shown otherwise, it can probably just be listed as limited flight.
It is meant to as resistance to extreme temperatures and resistance to cold manipulation
yeah, that's my bad, I didn't read it all the way. it makes sense looking at it, but it shouldn't apply to willow, because she freezes faster than everyone else.
Light Manipulation (they glow bright enough to protect other characters from the night)
should be limited light manipulation.

other than that, some of the fire/temperature stuff for ghosts seem kinda redundant because they're ghosts lol

I feel like it's safe to assume that they likely just have a map and didn't have it in your inventory because a frog could hit you and get rid of your entire minimap.
Either way it's a map that updates in real time and we don't have anything else for it so it is the best option.
I feel like that isn't really able to be proven. until shown otherwise, it can probably just be listed as limited flight.
I don't really know how to explain the limit so I think it is best if I just grab a clip to show the ghost
yeah, that's my bad, I didn't read it all the way. it makes sense looking at it, but it shouldn't apply to willow, because she freezes faster than everyone else.
I am unsure, technically she is still surviving temperatures normal humans can't and Bernie actually fixes that problem for her. Wes is also iffy tho
should be limited light manipulation.

other than that, some of the fire/temperature stuff for ghosts seem kinda redundant because they're ghosts lol
there are so many uses for most manipulations pretty much any user is limited and even if they are redundant they are a thing and it should be noted

Either way it's a map that updates in real time and we don't have anything else for it so it is the best option.
one could argue that you write in the map when you open it, making it look like it updates in real time. but that's just my assumption.
I don't really know how to explain the limit so I think it is best if I just grab a clip to show the ghost
just say "Limited Flight (ghosts are able to float/levitate, allowing them to float over holes and bodies of water, as shown here: <insert link here>)
I am unsure, technically she is still surviving temperatures normal humans can't
as much as I love my girl, you can barely call that surviving. There's a reason why I quit my worlds if I can't get a thermalstone before winter lol. (willow main pains)
there are so many uses for most manipulations pretty much any user is limited and even if they are redundant they are a thing and it should be noted
I was just saying that the temperature stuff for the ghosts probably aren't needed, and may be redundant. And that light manipulation would only be limited since they are just giving off light.

one could argue that you write in the map when you open it, making it look like it updates in real time. but that's just my assumption.
That would work but the updates include the entire explored world not just what the survivor can see
just say "Limited Flight (ghosts are able to float/levitate, allowing them to float over holes and bodies of water, as shown here: <insert link here>)
thanks
as much as I love my girl, you can barely call that surviving. There's a reason why I quit my worlds if I can't get a thermalstone before winter lol. (willow main pains)
they are alive at body temperatures that would kill a human they would just have it be worse then everyone else's and given she doesn't have that weakness in the first game and again Bernie giving her 30 insulation it is weird

That would work but the updates include the entire explored world not just what the survivor can see
it's a working theory
they are alive at body temperatures that would kill a human they would just have it be worse then everyone else's and given she doesn't have that weakness in the first game and again Bernie giving her 30 insulation it is weird
bernie is stupid magic bear. he likely gives heat/insulation because he's alive. I can agree with the other parts as long as it's listed as lower than other characters

Counter argument the flare
When placed on the ground and lit with a Torch or a Lighter, the Flare will shoot up into the sky. It will then cause all other players to make an announcement about the flare and create a marking on the Map that is near, but not on, the launch site, for 15 seconds that is visible to all players.
it makes a mark on the map where it lit up, and only for 15 seconds. They're just looking at the flare and marking a rough estimate of where it is.

If that was the case why would they need to go to an area for them to add to the map if they can already see things across the map

If that was the case why would they need to go to an area for them to add to the map if they can already see things across the map
because it marks the aproxomate area of the map where the flare landed. not where it acually landed. and it only lasts 15 seconds, and then goes away

Because flares don’t go up perfectly straight. What did they draw a flare so fast we don’t see the process of drawing it only to erase it at similar speed

Currently most of the powers on the survivors’ pages don’t have explanations, this is going to change that for the shared powers.
Superhuman Physical Characteristics (all survivors scale to Woodie who could take hits from and defeat a treeguard)

Preparation and Construction (all survivors are capable of and know how to craft several items structures, as well as learning additional crafts by using crafting stations to prototype or reading blueprints)

Non-Physical Interaction (all survivors can interact with non player ghosts which can pass thru walls)

Extrasensory Perception (all survivors can see hostile shadow creatures while most mobs can't)

Resistance to Extreme Temperatures (Survivors are fine with a body temperature for 5° or 65°(The game was made by a Canadian studio it likely refers to Celsius but this isn't confirmed in game) and are only mildly harmed due to body temperatures of -20° or 90° [Hypothermia starts <35°C and Hyperthermia starts at >37.5°C], unharmed by being frozen solid briefly) and Ice Manipulation (Unharmed by being frozen solid)
Seems good
Dimensional Storage (all survivors have at least fifteen inventory slots to store items on them which are not visibly held)
Limited Clairvoyance (via map which all survivors always have access to)
I think this'd be game mechanics

Ghost power changes​

When a survivor dies in don't starve together they become a ghost, while this doesn't happen in don't starve or it's DLCs that is likely due to game mechanics as the primary purpose of ghosts is to allow others survivors to resurrect the one that died which is unneeded in a single player game and the ghost's abilities are irrelevant if they can't resurrect. As such it is reasonable that all survivors except Wagstaff because he is just a holographic projection of the real Wagstaff can become ghosts.

Ghosts have the following abilities: Immortality (type 7, is a ghost), Intangibility (can pass thru walls), Light Manipulation (they glow bright enough to protect other characters from the night), Limited Flight (ghosts are able to float/levitate, allowing them to float over holes and bodies of water, as shown here), Madness Manipulation or Fear Manipulation (should a survivor turn into a ghost all other survivors in the world will end up with an additional sanity drain of -3.3 per minute, can cause several creatures to panic by haunting it.), Transmutation (by haunting they can change the type of hounds, mushrooms, and blueprints; turn flowers into evil flowers; meat into a monster meat equivalent; turn evergreens into tree guardians; turn bees into killer bees; and force pigs to turn into werepigs.), Biological Manipulation (can cause mosquitoes to explode as if they drunk to much blood, guarantee spiders drop spider glands when killed, and cause crops to grow), Limited Fire Manipulation (can light torches and fuel fires), Self-Sustenance (type 2 and 3. Ghosts cannot eat or sleep nor do they need it), Resistance to Fire Manipulation and Sleep Manipulation (Scales to other in universe ghosts which are immune to fire damage and can't be put to sleep), Enhanced Resistance to Temperature Manipulation and Ice Manipulation (Scales to other ghost which can't be frozen and aren’t effected by the temperatures of the constant
Seems fair, could use some scans
Alright so it is my fault this is listed. It turns out that it was based on a fan theory regarding a statement from a developer claiming Wilson died multiple times. It seems more likely he just used items like touch stones, life giving amulets, or meat effigies such as shown here. There seems to be be quotes for characters dying in adventure mode and reappearing in a survival world which might be enough evidence? I am not sure tho
Sure
Alright so currently a number of monsters have madness manipulation listed as a power and it is kind of iffy. In universe there aren't any statements to prove many non-shadow/lunar monsters have madness hax as much as being a result of seeing a scary monster for example Webber doesn’t have an insanity aura(term only used out of universe) despite all other spiders, and the spider controlling hat having a sanity drain, Walter straight up isn’t affected by insanity auras because he is fearless, Wendy is affected by them by only 75% because is already depressed maybe? It’s never really explained. Wolfgang is affected 10% more because his phobia. Also given stuff like eating spoiled food or wearing wet clothes drain sanity and a bunch of other stuff stuff gives sanity. So the question now becomes who keeps madness manipulation and aura I guess.

Shadow Creatures and most magic items: They keep it for a few reasons when a shadow creature is killed sanity is restored and the drop nightmare fuel and numerous items connected to nightmare fuel has an affect on characters sanity and a quote acknowledging the effect. Such as the Night armor and Dark petals. We even have a feat for shadow creatures having it specifically in the 5th William Carter puzzle which has an entry from Maxwell's Journal "A terrible form took shape in the air above the ritual last night! It was large and indistinct, but its countenance was infused with a sort of alien malevolence that chilled me to my very core. My fear was so great that I almost faltered in my incantations."

Charlie (Don't Starve): Beside her association with shadow creatures her attacks drain 20 sanity.

Player Ghost: Everyone but Wes in DST has a quote for ghost sanity drain and I am going to list them all here because it is hard to find.
Wurt-“Gluurr… glorph… GLORRPP…”
Wilson-“My humanity is about to start slipping away…”
Willow-“Burn… It all must burn…”
Wolfgang-“They are coming… for Wolfgang!”
Wendy-“The ghosts… Want to play…”
WX-78-“SANITY RESERVES… DRAINING”
Wickerbottom-“My humanity… it’s slipping.”
Woodie-“I’m goin’, like nutso over here…”
Maxwell-“They’re whispering through the core of my mind…!”
Wigfrid-“They’re driving me mad…!”
Webber-“We’re becoming… even more monstrous!”
Warly-“My, I have a headache.”
Wormwood-“What happening?”
Winona-“My head’s all fuzzy…”
Wortox-“Ghosts play… strange games…”
Walter-“My head… I thought having ghosts around would be more fun.”
Wanda-“Stop it, I refuse to accept mortality!”

I am also going to suggest the removal of monster’s resistance to madness based off the fact Wormwood, Wilba, and Wurt have sanity meaning the current justification is inadequate.
Seems fair

Back