• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Don't Starve NPI revisions

Peppersalt43

They/Them
This has been a long time coming. After looking through the Don't Starve wiki, I cannot find any justification for AE on the Shadow Creatures. Their nature of being invisible and intangible from non-insane survivors still holds up though. So here are the changes proposed from the CRT

1. Remove AE from Shadow Creatures and replace it with +1 intangibility and invisibility
2. Remove Charlie's incorporeality as I can't find justification for that either. Even sane survivors can interact with nightmare fuel so that's not a good justification either
3. Charlie should have +2 intangibility as even when a survivor is insane, her physical representations (That shadow arm that comes out of the survivor's mouth) cannot be hit.

This means that all survivors have +1 NPI and ESP when insane. Maxwell in his shadow throne key should theoretically have +2 NPI due to being able interact with anything in The Constant which would include Charlie.

Yay, a verse that can hit stands

I guess most of this is fine but the reason they can't hit her is she is too fast also the attack seems to be coming from inside them if watch someone being attacked with nigh vision also it might just be that they have different types of intangibility.

At a first glance I don't see how they're AE Type 1 if they're literally not the abstract concept itself. Being a figment of darkness alone is very different from being the literal concept of darkness itself.

I also don't see support for Incorporeality, nothing indicates their true form being at a higher plane of existence or anything of the sort.

Intangibility stuff seems fine.

Wouldn't it actually make sense for the Shadow Creatures to have Incorp to replace AE? I guess the rest seems fine.

Aren't they only invisible?
I believe they can be harmed by non-insane players, just not seen and targeted.

Aren't they only invisible?
I believe they can be harmed by non-insane players, just not seen and targeted.
No actually

They do start to be visible after a certain sanity threshold but are passive and intangible until the survivor becomes even more insane

No actually

They do start to be visible after a certain sanity threshold but are passive and intangible until the survivor becomes even more insane
I played DST recently, and I distinctly remember one of my co-op partners damaging a shadow creature that was attacking me, despite not being able to see it.
Could someone check?

"In Don't Starve Together, players can assist those plagued by Shadow Creatures by attacking them. However, this causes the Shadow Creature to attack and follow that player instead."
This is from their wiki, and seems supported by my anecdote.

I played DST recently, and I distinctly remember one of my co-op partners damaging a shadow creature that was attacking me, despite not being able to see it.
Could someone check?
I know, that's right. I'm just explaining that at some point, you can see but not attack them

I know, that's right. I'm just explaining that at some point, you can see but not attack them
They're also not hostile at that point, which means, if anything, they lose it as soon as they attack.
Either that or your character doesn't view them as a threat or living thing at that point.

Either that or your character doesn't view them as a threat or living thing at that point.
Eh, I'm not sure. I mean, the survivors have definitely gone insane before yet they never try it
They're also not hostile at that point, which means, if anything, they lose it as soon as they attack.
Or I guess they can only attack those who can properly perceive it?

I would say that non insane players beingh able to hit shadow creatures while they atack other players might be a game mechanics more them anything, made so isn't too bad for player to help one another

I would say that non insane players beingh able to hit shadow creatures while they atack other players might be a game mechanics more them anything, made so isn't too bad for player to help one another
To me it means they probably just have to become corporeal to attack.
Like, Newton's laws, they can't touch you without letting you touch them.

This is still bloked thanks to that game mechanic of players beingh able to help their friends kill Shadow creatures whem not insane?

Wouldn't the fact yyou can't atack the creatures atacking the ultimate wherepig whem not insane be enough? or you not beingh able to atack the shadow hands that gives the ancient fuelweaver a forcefield if you are not insane even trough they always are placed in the same point?

Back