• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon's Dogma revisions?

ThePerpetual

VS Battles
Retired
I explain it in detail here, but the basics are as follows:

A Full-Power Arisen is "At least 2-A" with "Immeasurable" speed for completely ending the Eternal Cycle, an existence sustaining concept that exists through every timelne that ever was, is, or will be, then willing every world to move onwards through time without the need of an Arisen anymore even in the complete abscence to time at that point, and "possibly High 2-A" for seemingly transcending its multiversal, 4-D reality entirely, though it's rather vague so it can't be listed as a certainty or likelihood.

However-!

This is not the same as the Seneschal form, which should be a seperate tab remaining at "Low 2-C."

Additionally, some of the powers and other sections of the pages in general could use a bit of reworking and cleaning up just in general, I'll get on to that.

Seeing as the Eternal Cycle is in fact a multiverse-spanning concept, Daimon proclaiming he would destroy it sort of seems a bit vague, now: indeed, even the Seneschal (most of them, anyhow) don't seem to think that's doable: so to be safe, if's probably for the best to place him only at "At least 3-B", and not specify a cap or possibliity or anything like that.

Finally, The Arisen's first form actually needs a speed downgrade to Subsonic, as mentioned later in the blog. Though, in my opinion... aren't those super-early game stats rather superfluous? Wouldn't it be better to just get rid of them, seeing as no one's ever going to really debate with them, and they are more or less just taking up space on the page?

I guess I'm the main expert on the series here and probably won't recieve much insight on this, I wanted to clear it with you all.

This all seems legit from what's stated, with the exception of the "Possibly High 2-A". It seems too vague to claim he became infinitely greater than an infinite 4-D reality. The "At least 2-A" seems to be more fitting.

Well, it is a bit diffuse regarding whether an infinite multiverse's worth of universes should be considered extremely high 4-D, or extremely low 5-D.

Either could work, depending on whether they are placed beside each other in the same infinite 4-D space, or along an extra dimension in an extremely tiny 5-D space.

Hence my wondering what to do here.

@Azathoth Fair enough, as Antvas pointed out it's a bit of a blurred line. Anyone else?

Well, due to the above, we count High 2-A as: "Characters who are 5-dimensional, and/or can destroy and/or create 5-dimensional space-time constructs of a not insignificant size."

Personally, I agree with Azathoth. "At least 2-A" seems fine to me.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
This all seems legit from what's stated, with the exception of the "Possibly High 2-A". It seems too vague to claim he became infinitely greater than an infinite 4-D reality. The "At least 2-A" seems to be more fitting.
Going with this. We've already had several discussions where we decided transcending a 4-D multiverse is still 4-D, similar to transcending a 4-D Universe is still 4-D as infinite universes can supposedly fit into a negligible 5-D object.

So it'd be a high "just 2-A" and definitely not a low "high 2-A" regardless of which is the case? Alright then, thank you all for clearing that up.

Well, it is the standard that we agreed upon after Basilisk1995 brought up the issue some months ago.

Back