• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball Cosmology Revision: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you hung up on a stylistic depiction of the universe that only shows a singular galaxy? That alone should indicate it's not exactly 1:1 or a faithful representation of its full scale.
It doesn't show a singular galaxy, it shows a glowy center where other glows orbit it

What am i supposed to be seeing here?
https://vsbattles.com/threads/dragonball-cosmology-revision-part-3.150265/post-5534537
And the universe is depicted as a bubble with a singular galaxy
nnot
and not this or something similar so I don’t know why we’d be able to see that
I already alswered this in my summary, so i will not repeat myself, haven't agreed to stop answering so that staff could evaluate the summaries? Why has this reached another page?
Now me personally. That shit goofy dawg.
Thats like saying if you reach the end of an infinite corridor it aint infinite. That shit alone would contradict infinite speed. Anything can have an edge.
Edge would mean that there is an end, so not infinite, someone reaching the end of an infinite corridor then it is an infinite speed feat, but this situation is not comparable to that

@omegabronic

What are you even arguing here? You're bringing up points that have been answered so many times now without a counter-argument, and those goes for the other "contradictions" being mentioned here by others.
There have been counter arguments

sides have made summaries so i don't understand what this back and forth is about when it does nothing but making the thread longer than it needs to and makes it harder for staff to evaluate stuff

This is not "a singular galaxy", you can clearly see the myriad of other celestial bodies.
A bubble with a galaxy and stars (your link doesn’t work Btw) and weirdly enough there’s no afterlife or kaioshin realm? Like the map since there’s no darkness afterlife or kaioshin realm let’s just downgrade the verse to 3-C
It doesn't show a singular galaxy, it shows a glowy center where other glows orbit it

What am i supposed to be seeing here?
https://vsbattles.com/threads/dragonball-cosmology-revision-part-3.150265/post-5534537

nnot

I already alswered this in my summary, so i will not repeat myself, haven't agreed to stop answering so that staff could evaluate the summaries? Why has this reached another page?

Edge would mean that there is an end, so not infinite, someone reaching the end of an infinite corridor then it is an infinite speed feat, but this situation is not comparable to that

There have been counter arguments

sides have made summaries so i don't understand what this back and forth is about when it does nothing but making the thread longer than it needs to and makes it harder for staff to evaluate stuff
Bro the afterlife isn’t a higher plane of existence and it wouldn’t matter if it was that’s not a good argument to why it’s not seen afterlife and living realm are the same dimensionality if you reach the end of an infinite universe there’s an edge but our argument doesn’t rely on that so I hope that’s not brought up again
And yes we should get staff can someone tell Ant to bring some staff here to evaluate?

weirdly enough there’s no afterlife or kaioshin realm?
That is how the universes are depicted, regardless of whether one interprets their depiction as "a bubble with a singular galaxy" or "a bubble with a visibly myriad of galaxies and celestial bodies orbiting a larger nexus". The diagram Toriyama illustrated, which is used in the manga, is never seen in the anime. Rather, their appearance is derived from—or, at the very least, heavily inspired by—the concept of bubble universes. Although, to claim that the cosmology of Dragon Ball Super follows the real world theory of bubble universes without explicit evidence is foolhardy at best.
To add onto this, the diagram, outside of the Super manga and the TV anime, only ever appears in databooks. The diagram should not be viewed as the standard for consistency, as said diagram is not within the continuity of the Super anime.

The Other World and the World of the Kai not being seen is not proof of their non-existence, just proof that... they are not seen.

To add onto this, the diagram, outside of the Super manga and the TV anime, only ever appears in databooks. The diagram should not be viewed as the standard for consistency, as said diagram is not within the continuity of the Super anime.

The Other World and the World of the Kai not being seen is not proof of their non-existence, just proof that... they are not seen.
So things that aren’t seen can still be there? I think it’s obvious that isn’t the real universe for db as it’s in the guides and dbs manga but it’s all good but the argument must be consistent you cant pick and choose what is shown and what isn’t shown

Bro the afterlife isn’t a higher plane of existence
I have said different plane, not higher, but regardless that was a small point and not the full argument, you said that you agreed with me with the whole "let us stop clogging the thread and let us have staff evaluate it" why are you not following on it?

and it wouldn’t matter if it was that’s not a good argument to why it’s not seen afterlife and living realm are the same dimensionality
i also covered this in my summary, it is not up to you to decide if it is a good argument or not, it is to the staff to decide if this is acceptable or not, which again confuses me since you had agreed with me on thar earlier on

if you reach the end of an infinite universe there’s an edge but our argument doesn’t rely on that so I hope that’s not brought up again
It doesn't, infinity does not have an edge, since that would inply an end, the only that would be an argument would be if the said edge was shown via a character reaching it via speed, since that would be infinite speed, but that's besides the point

And yes we should get staff can someone tell Ant to bring some staff here to evaluate?
If you want staff to read the arguments, then why are you answering and making this thread longer and longer?

I have said different plane, not higher, but regardless that was a small point and not the full argument, you said that you agreed with me with the whole "let us stop clogging the thread and let us have staff evaluate it" why are you not following on it?

i also covered this in my summary, it is not up to you to decide if it is a good argument or not, it is to the staff to decide if this is acceptable or not, which again confuses me since you had agreed with me on thar earlier on

It doesn't, infinity does not have an edge, since that would inply an end, the only that would be an argument would be if the said edge was shown via a character reaching it via speed, since that would be infinite speed, but that's besides the point

If you want staff to read the arguments, then why are you answering and making this thread longer and longer?
The only reason I’m replying is that you’re legit saying these realms are on different planes show they aren’t shown as your evidence when there’s NO PROOF for this
You can get staff but I had to comment on that blasphemy that I read

So things that aren’t seen can still be there? I think it’s obvious that isn’t the real universe for db as it’s in the guides and dbs manga but it’s all good but the argument must be consistent you cant pick and choose what is shown and what isn’t shown
The dimensions are inside the universe, why would theg be shown?

The only reason I’m replying is that you’re legit saying these realms are on different planes show they aren’t shown as your evidence when there’s NO PROOF for this
You can get staff but I had to comment on that blasphemy that I read
A different dimension is on a differet plane, this is what make them different dimensions

I think it’s obvious that isn’t the real universe for db as it’s in the guides and dbs manga
A-*******-gain, being in the databooks means little to nothing when the on-screen portrayal contradicts the information. Remember what we discussed about scraping material if the source rejected its validity? This is scrapped.

"i tHiNk iT's oBvIoUs tHaT iSn'T tHe rEaL uNiVeRsE fOr dB"
Take that up with the forty different times the universe has been portrayed on-screen that way.

On the topic of contradictions...
Just off the top of the head.

I'm confused by this, literally you said The Other World and Kai's World not being seen doesn't mean they don't exist, but the infinite darkness not being seen mean it not exist??. If that is what you mean then your argument is extremely contradict

To add on this, the Daizenshuu 7 reports that "Like the universe, the Demon Realm is also divided into multiple areas", "the Demon Realm that takes the appearance of the reverse side of [the universe]", and that "[the Demon Realm] is a single, large world in the Living World".

Toriyama later (unknowingly) objected, declaring that "The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages. The mages live in the Demon Realm like evil goblins."
but the infinite darkness not being seen mean it not exist??
When did I say this?

A-*******-gain, being in the databooks means little to nothing when the on-screen portrayal contradicts the information. Remember what we discussed about scraping material if the source rejected its validity? This is scrapped.

"i tHiNk iT's oBvIoUs tHaT iSn'T tHe rEaL uNiVeRsE fOr dB"
Take that up with the forty different times the universe has been portrayed on-screen that way.

Just off the top of the head.
Well it doesnt show the kaioshin realm and afterlife but if you’re not using it as an excuse to say it doesn’t depict the infinite darkness then im fine with it just don’t pick and choose what does and doesn’t fit your argument like Omega was doing with that
I dont see how a coordinate point existing contradicts anything but ok
Jaco’s statement doesn’t contradict anything an unthinkable amount of galaxies or countless number Of galaxies existing can actually be supporting evidence
There can be a googleplexianth amount of planets and only one of them have life number of planets =/= planets with life
I can’t find that statement but either way the entire universe is shown being able to speak a similar language but some may speak more than one languages so that’s not contradictory either
Wheres the contradiction?

Well it doesnt show the kaioshin realm and afterlife but if you’re not using it as an excuse to say it doesn’t depict the infinite darkness then im fine with it just don’t pick and choose what does and doesn’t fit your argument like Omega was doing with that
I didn't do that tho, btw can we stop with the acusations?
Also, if they are part of the universe they would be inside of it and nit outside, how would we even see them?

Jaco’s statement doesn’t contradict anything an unthinkable amount of galaxies or countless number Of galaxies existing can actually be supporting evidence
There can be a googleplexianth amount of planets and only one of them have life number of planets =/= planets with life
I can’t find that statement but either way the entire universe is shown being able to speak a similar language but some may speak more than one languages so that’s not contradictory either

Once again i am confused, you agreed to let it to the staff and yet you answer, which in turn prolongs the thread and makes it harder for staff to evaluate

Daizenshuu says the galaxies exist in an infinite quantity. Jaco says the galaxies exist in a finite number.
"the Records of the Worlds, described as containing "[all] matters of the vast universe are posted", including an extensive coordinate plane of outer space, is a finitely sized book and appears to be static in its contents."
That is not the point. The point is that the Daizenshuu claims that there are a myriad of alien creatures that exist beyond the far reaches of the universes, and the Supreme Kai confirms that there are not even thirty worlds with life.
Name one species other than the Namekians that speak their own unique language.
"To add on this, the Daizenshuu 7 reports that "Like the universe, the Demon Realm is also divided into multiple areas", "the Demon Realm that takes the appearance of the reverse side of [the universe]", and that "[the Demon Realm] is a single, large world in the Living World".

Toriyama later (unknowingly) objected, declaring that "The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages. The mages live in the Demon Realm like evil goblins.""

I didn't do that tho, btw can we stop with the acusations?
Also, if they are part of the universe they would be inside of it and nit outside, how would we even see them?

Once again i am confused, you agreed to let it to the staff and yet you answer, which in turn prolongs the thread and makes it harder for staff to evaluate
(You were you legit made up a reason for the realms not being shown and said that since the infinite darkness wasn’t shown it’s contradicted)

I did but new arguments were made so I was just responding to them do you not want me to respond to them?

(You were you legit made up a reason for the realms not being shown and said that since the infinite darkness wasn’t shown it’s contradicted)
again, i didn't do such a thing, it was only one of the explanations, another one could be that the other dimensions are simply not visible from outside the universe

I did but new arguments were made so I was just responding to them do you not want me to respond to them?
oh okay then, pardon me

again, i didn't do such a thing, it was only one of the explanations, another one could be that the other dimensions are simply not visible from outside the universe

oh okay then, pardon me
Then you can argue that the infinite darkness can’t be seen from outside the universe you can’t choose one and leave everything out but if you weren’t trying to it’s okay

alright since you don’t mind I’ll respond
Daizenshuu says the galaxies exist in an infinite quantity. Jaco says the galaxies exist in a finite number.

"the Records of the Worlds, described as containing "[all] matters of the vast universe are posted", including an extensive coordinate plane of outer space, is a finitely sized book and appears to be static in its contents."

That is not the point. The point is that the Daizenshuu claims that there are a myriad of alien creatures that exist beyond the far reaches of the universes, and the Supreme Kai confirms that there are not even thirty worlds with life.

Name one species other than the Namekians that speak their own unique language.

"To add on this, the Daizenshuu 7 reports that "Like the universe, the Demon Realm is also divided into multiple areas", "the Demon Realm that takes the appearance of the reverse side of [the universe]", and that "[the Demon Realm] is a single, large world in the Living World".

Toriyama later (unknowingly) objected, declaring that "The Demon Realm is located in the universe, but its scale is very small, the size of a hideout for mages. The mages live in the Demon Realm like evil goblins.""
Countless or an unthinkable amount doesnt imply its finite but with supporting evidence could actually mean infinite so that’s not really a contradiction

The book holding all matters of the universe could be up to a certain point and a coordinate for planet namek I don’t see what the issue about that is but you can explain that if you would like

Well Shin is an under experienced Kaioshin so that statement could be referring to the observable universe as Shin wasn’t aware of A lot of stuff and the people teaching him died early due to Buu

what I was trying to say was everyone seems to speak one language as Goku can casually speak with Frieza or some other race with no language barrier so the statement isnt wrong but theres languages that societies speak amongst themselves and universally

The demon realm one is weird I didn’t see the other scan but even the dbz series suggests that its a different realm and in that realm Dabura is the demon king but I suppose a building could be split into 4 parts so that’s a weird statement by Toriyama but not really anything contradictory

Then you can argue that the infinite darkness can’t be seen from outside the universe you can’t choose one and leave everything out but if you weren’t trying to it’s okay
not really, because the part that would include said darkness(the actual cosmos with stars and galaxies and whatnot) is clearly visible

not really, because the part that would include said darkness(the actual cosmos with stars and galaxies and whatnot) is clearly visible
Okay well where is the afterlife and Kaioshin realm? you cant pick and choose which ones are ok and which aren’t the universe is missing a lot of stuff and I dont know why you’re focused on a depiction of a universe with one galaxy Null is actually giving arguments that are more evidence based

Okay well where is the afterlife and Kaioshin realm? you cant pick and choose which ones are ok and which aren’t
i believe i already answered this, we are seeing the physical universe with stars galaxies and all that, the supossed darkness would surround it per your argument, therefore there is no reason to not see it there

the universe is missing a lot of stuff
it isn't accutually, these other dimensions are inside the universe, they can simply not be visible, on contrary to the physical part of it that is

and I dont know why you’re focused on a depiction of a universe with one galaxy
i have aswered it numerous times that it isn't a galaxy, could you not ignore it please?

i believe i already answered this, we are seeing the physical universe with stars galaxies and all that, the supossed darkness would surround it per your argument, therefore there is no reason to not see it there

it isn't accutually, these other dimensions are inside the universe, they can simply not be visible, on contrary to the physical part of it that is

i have aswered it numerous times that it isn't a galaxy, could you not ignore it please?
Wdym physical universe? Why would they leave out certain realms in the depiction of a Universe it’s your burden of proof to prove that

Why would the other dimensions not be visible give an explanation with evidence not head canon

Im not ignoring it’s literally depicted as a galaxy with stars across it

Wdym physical universe? Why would they leave out certain realms in the depiction of a Universe
when did i said that they did?

Why would the other dimensions not be visible give an explanation with evidence not head canon
there are numerous possible explanations, the only thing we know for sure is that they are not visible, and that is consistly shown in dbs as pointed by null

Im not ignoring it’s literally depicted as a galaxy with stars across it
no it isn't, it is a gigantic center orbited by glowing points, what is to say that those are not ggalaxies?

when did i said that they did?

there are numerous possible explanations, the only thing we know for sure is that they are not visible, and that is consistly shown in dbs as pointed by null

no it isn't, it is a gigantic center orbited by glowing points, what is to say that those are not ggalaxies?
You said we’re only seeing the physical universe or something which I don’t understand

Null also pointed out that it’s likely that the darkness and realms aren’t shown here and he’s not using this as a way to try and refute it either because you say no darkness shown then there’s no Kaioshin realm and no afterlife shown easy refute you can just say the realms and darkness aren’t shown and is just a simpler representation of the universe

It looks like a galaxy

Ngl, null makes sense here, something that has never been established in the show like "known and unknown universe" and every time universe has been mentioned it has been used for living universe or all of macrocosm. I don't see validity of suddenly coming never established thing in the show and referring to that divisions as universe.

Ngl, null makes sense here, something that has never been established in the show like "known and unknown universe" and every time universe has been mentioned it has been used for living universe or all of macrocosm. I don't see validity of suddenly coming never established thing in the show and referring to that divisions as universe.
As KLOL said before, that's not how we do things here. We don't scrap guidebooks just because they're not mentioned in the source material. We scrap them if they contradict the source material.

As KLOL said before, that's not how we do things here. We don't scrap guidebooks just because they're not mentioned in the source material.
It's not about mentioned, it's about contradicted. Has DB ever established division of living universe itself on the basis of known and unknown universe? I don't recall a single moment someone or anywhere "known universe" to be mentioned.

To be honest, if the Earth is at the edge and they already know about the center, it means that the entire diameter of the universe is withing their knownledge.

The assertion of universe having division of known and unknown universe has to be proven for universe having edge to not be a contradiction. If not then this entire made up thing is just that.
It's literally stated in the Guidebook to be a zone where the unknown dwells (twice btw). And in verse nothing contradicts that.

Again, unless you wanna scrap the whole thing because it isn't directly mentioned, which isn't how it works here.

It's literally stated in the Guidebook to be a zone where the unknown dwells. And in verse nothing contradicts that.
It's not about unknown places of the universe, there are many of that kind, it's about universe itself having division of known and unknown universe to be mentioned or to be a thing. Observable universe or unobservable universe, there is need for this division to be established as universes on their own, just like U7 realms itself has the division and those divisions to be established as universes on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back