• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragonball Cosmology Revision: Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuation of this thread https://vsbattles.com/threads/dragonball-cosmology-revision-part-2.149292/page-3#post-5531569

the thread is now just about infinite db universe these are the arguments for it
Post in thread 'Dragonball Cosmology Revision: Part 3'
https://vsbattles.com/threads/dragonball-cosmology-revision-part-3.150265/post-5534537
(Please read it properly before you say anything that’s been debunked this thread is already 5 pages long because people couldn’t read the arguments properly)

Also I want to discuss it for each continuity
Toeiverse:
DBS Manga:
DBS Anime:

Last edited:
The purpose of this thread is to continue the cosmology blog a staff member Fire made this blog https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Firestorm808/Dragon_Ball_-_Cosmology we’re just discussing what needs to be removed or added so we can finalize a blog and add a cosmology blog that puts everything that’s needed for the verse including arguments that show that universes are spatio temporally seperated

you should probably ad tags to this
I have done so now

now for some scans:
(Daizenshuu 7 is the source)
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/669891148143394826/720185966123286538/universe.PNG Translation: Infinitely expansive and galaxy illuminations tens of thousand of light years… Hundreds of million light years… Countless unknown aliens monsters live beyond stars where light cannot reach (Yakon being an example making this consistent (Source Daizenshuu 4)
https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net...0.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/264 Translation: An Infinite Space filled with light and darkness (Daizenshuu 4)
Proof of the observable universe as it’s light is infinitely expanding (Daizenshuu 4)

all of this shows that there’s a observable universe where is illuminated and a non observable universe thats filled with darkness I also had a scan that showed the cardinal directions I lost it but I’ll try to find it again

I have done so now

now for some scans:
(Daizenshuu 7 is the source)
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/669891148143394826/720185966123286538/universe.PNG Translation: Infinitely expansive and galaxy illuminations tens of thousand of light years… Hundreds of million light years… Countless unknown aliens monsters live beyond stars where light cannot reach (Yakon being an example making this consistent (Source Daizenshuu 4)
https://images-ext-1.discordapp.net/external/yVcr2ZcJN-YKJeMJsnsJjpZve5Jo3lhdzge22E3YuPs/?cb=20190713022613&path-prefix=pt-br/https/vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/liberproeliis/images/5/5c/Daiz4-pag20.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/264 Translation: An Infinite Space filled with light and darkness (Daizenshuu 4)
Proof of the observable universe as it’s light is infinitely expanding (Daizenshuu 4)

all of this shows that there’s a observable universe where is illuminated and a non observable universe thats filled with darkness I also had a scan that showed the cardinal directions I lost it but I’ll try to find it again

isn't this contradicted when we see the universes from outside in dbs and we see no darkness in the edges of it?

Makai mentioned being an alternate dimension of the Universe and in the translation of Hermes we can notice this

Dragon Ball manga chapter 477

Description how it works and how it is exactly there

Last edited:
what singular galaxy?
The macrocosm there is depicted as a bubble with a galaxy inside of it instead of 2 realms and the Kaioshin realm orbiting it
Makai mentioned being an alternate dimension of the Universe and in the translation of Hermes we can notice this

Demon Realm might be considered its own universe due to this
  • If they're stated to mirror "The Universe" or "Our Universe" or "The Real World", they would refer to being universes.
  • If there is shown to be a collection of multiple alternate worlds/dimensions that are either stated to be parallel and/or there are visual depictions resembling each of those worlds/dimensions to be metaphorically similar to each other (Such as bubbles or other structures that appear similar in size), and most importantly, at least one of those individual worlds/dimensions has shown enough evidence to consider them a Universe level+ sized spacetime continuum, then the conclusion is to consider all of those individual worlds/dimensions universes and that the entire collection is a multiverse.
    So it might be considered

Well the universe isn’t a bubble with a singular galaxy inside of it
That is how the universes are depicted, regardless of whether one interprets their depiction as "a bubble with a singular galaxy" or "a bubble with a visibly myriad of galaxies and celestial bodies orbiting a larger nexus". The diagram Toriyama illustrated, which is used in the manga, is never seen in the anime. Rather, their appearance is derived from—or, at the very least, heavily inspired by—the concept of bubble universes. Although, to claim that the cosmology of Dragon Ball Super follows the real world theory of bubble universes without explicit evidence is foolhardy at best.

That is how the universes are depicted, regardless of whether one interprets their depiction as "a bubble with a singular galaxy" or "a bubble with a visibly myriad of galaxies and celestial bodies orbiting a larger nexus". The diagram Toriyama illustrated, which is used in the manga, is never seen in the anime. Rather, their appearance is derived from—or, at the very least, heavily inspired by—the concept of bubble universes. Although, to claim that the cosmology of Dragon Ball Super follows the real world theory of bubble universes without explicit evidence is foolhardy at best.
I never claimed that I was saying that the depiction isn’t accurate

Would it be better to link all the scans with explaination in the OP itself which are being posted in the comments?

Apologies.
It’s all good
Would it be better to link all the scans with explaination in the OP itself which are being posted in the comments?
nah it’s been posted in the comments so it’s all good
Also, has infinite Universe is being accepted yet?
not yet but it’s being discussed so if there’s any counters feel free to say them I want the cosmology blog to be agreed upon universally

It isn't matter, visual contradiction isn't anti-feat, because in fiction something infinite can have edge and you can't appropriately display something infinite by visual alone.
Visuals are indeed not a problem. It's common in fiction for infinite to be inside greater space and looks finite from outside. Though, it doesn't mean something that is infinite can have edge.

Visuals are indeed not a problem. It's common in fiction for infinite to be inside greater space and looks finite from outside. Though, it doesn't mean something that is infinite can have edge.
Edge here as in fiction is an edge to go outside, cross the universe since fiction we either have higher-dimension contains multiple infinite-sized universes, so characters need to cross some kind of "edge" to go to other universe or go to higher dimension, etc...

The fact that infinite speed is a tier proves infinite can have an edge infinite can have a start center and end for example 0 to 1 has an infinite amount of numbers 0.5 would be the center 0 would be the start 1 is the end plus it’s common in fiction for characters to travel an infinite distance
This is usually common knowledge but isg

Edge here as in fiction is an edge to go outside, cross the universe since fiction we either have higher-dimension contains multiple infinite-sized universes, so characters need to cross some kind of "edge" to go to other universe or go to higher dimension, etc...
No, they don't and never cross the "edge" that's self contradictory. They either past the infinity itself or just teleports outside, there is no edge and nothing there to begin with.

The fact that infinite speed is a tier proves infinite can have an edge infinite can have a start center and end for example 0 to 1 has an infinite amount of numbers 0.5 would be the center 0 would be the start 1 is the end plus it’s common in fiction for characters to travel an infinite distance
It really doesn't. We have made tiering system based of logics and maths "infinite having edge" there's no such thing. We can count past and past the infinite doesn't mean we have defined "edge" for them.

I have watched it countless times, Are u giving me this video which is just a diagram of infinite universe with points in spacetime that has been assumed to extend to infinite?
It's no way in the hell saying infinite can have edge, but to draw it on paper, it's just has taken assumption.

Don't judge the book by its cover

I have watched it countless times, Are u giving me this video which is just a diagram of infinite universe with points in spacetime that has been assumed to extend to infinite?
It's no way in the hell saying infinite can have edge, but to draw it on paper, it's just has taken assumption.

Don't judge the book by its cover
A edge is basically just a border which is the same as an ending and as I explained here infinity can have a start ending and centet

Nah, infinite can have start but cannot have end or edge that's self contradictory for a statement. From outside we assume that it's not a contradiction that a structure is looking finite but rather the structure maybe in some greater infinite but that's to realize when we are outside, from inside, it's infinite and with no edge or border.

Nah, infinite can have start but cannot have end or edge that's self contradictory for a statement. From outside we assume that it's not a contradiction that a structure is looking finite but rather the structure maybe in some greater infinite but that's to realize when we are outside, from inside, it's infinite and with no edge or border.
Then how do characters traverse an infinite space? It’s common in fiction for characters to travel infinite distances so did they not travel an infinite distance? Also I explained why that’s not the case

Higher infinites are relevant to traveling an infinite distance how?
Infinite distance exist so characters can travel it. Higher than infinity exist so they can travel it. Infinite distance exist so the infinite speed can. How it is relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back