• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Quest Discussion Thread

I'm in the royal library, it's utterly angering me how easy how much more they can stick there and they choose not to

At part 2 (Switch version, Rab sidestory) of DQXI and I got to say, plotwise, this might be the best one since DQV. It's giving me FFVI vibes too which is always good

On a side note:

Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line

Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvatio

Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chose

Dragon Quest V: The Hand of the Heavenly Bride

Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelatio

Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past

Dragon Quest VIII: The Journey of the Cursed King

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Dragon Quest X: The Awakening of the Five Tribes

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

Is it just me or the subtitles of each game sound incredibly epic? Especially V and VIII sound just wow.

To add to the top of the profile right? I haven't found a render for it, but I can try to get a screenshot or somehting and try to crop it.

TartaChocholate said:
To add to the top of the profile right? I haven't found a render for it, but I can try to get a screenshot or somehting and try to crop it.
Sure, I could render it myself, I just need the hero with his canonical "legendary equipment"

The Luminary profile is looking good, missing speed rating though among other things.

Yeah, I heard something about Dracolord being comparable to some goddess who was comparable to Estark.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The Luminary profile is looking good, missing speed rating though among other things.
I am iffy on speed to be honest, the immeasurable speed was 2017 thing that I don't even know is viable. OBD has it better I think

Massively Hypersonic (able to jump all the way into outer space in a couple of seconds), MFTL when using Zoom (it is noted that Zoom allows someone to fly even faster than Cetacea who can zip past an explosion that destroys the universe within the Dark Star)

So I also plan on remaking Erdrick's profile, among other things.

He will be 2-C as I will explain.

Also will need to remake this profile

Yeah, I've always been iffy on Immeasurable speed. Transcending time typically just means they resist space-time hax. And existing outside the flow of time only qualifies as Infinite speed. Being completely unbounded from the entire concept of time would be Immeasurable, but I don't recall any statement going that far.

The Estark's description could qualify as Infinite.

I am iffy on speed to be honest, the immeasurable speed was 2017 thing that I don't even know is viable. OBD has it better I think

Massively Hypersonic (able to jump all the way into outer space in a couple of seconds), MFTL when using Zoom (it is noted that Zoom allows someone to fly even faster than Cetacea who can zip past an explosion that destroys the universe within the Dark Star)

That seems fine, although wouldn't that be MFTL+?

Still would have liked to hear why he was immeasurable...

Also, great job on the draft, it's looking rather nice!

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Yeah, I've always been iffy on Immeasurable speed. Transcending time typically just means they resist space-time hax. And existing outside the flow of time only qualifies as Infinite speed. Being completely unbounded from the entire concept of time would be Immeasurable, but I don't recall any statement going that far.

The Estark's description could qualify as Infinite.
So, DQ Heroes would in reality be Infinite in speed? Considering one of the villains in DQ11 was stated to have existed before time.

Wouldn't the Luminary have a degree of acausality due to surviving with all of his powers and experiences despite having his history from the end of part 1 and afterwards erased?

Lastly, can someone translate this? (I linked who it's referring to)

" þÑ× Òü»Òü▓ÒüïÒéèÒÇéÚ¡öþÄïÒü»ÒüÅÒéëÒéäÒü┐ÒÇéþÑ×Òü¿Ú¡öþÄïÒü» Òü¿ÒüèÒüäµÿöÒüïÒéë ÒüƒÒüƒÒüïÒüäÒüñÒüÑÒüæÒüªÒüìÒüƒ ÒüÁÒüƒÒüñÒü« Òü▓ÒüïÒéèÒü« Òü┐Òü¬ÒééÒü¿ÒÇéÒééÒüù Òü▓ÒüïÒéèÒü«þÄëÒüî ÒüéÒéîÒü░ Ú¡öþÄïÒü« Òü¥ÒéèÒéçÒüÅ ÒéÆÒéêÒéÅÒéüÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÒüºÒüìÒéï ÒüºÒüìÒéçÒü×ÒÇé"

I got a translation:

"God (The Goddess) is the light. The Demon King (Zoma) is the Darkness. The Goddess and Zoma have been fighting since from olden time. If you have the sphere of light, you will be able to weaken the Demon King's magical power."

The goddess being 2-C

And Erdrick can theoretically can fight and defeat full powered Zoma, dunno if it's canon but he also fought Xenlon

The Axiom of Virgo said:
^Yup I brought this up already but I wanted to keep it under wraps to avoid spoilers.
The Luminary used the cross epoch to revive Maribel by killing Othello and Hargon preemptively

Back